• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerator
    replied
    Shit. Is chafe the wrong word?

I have several skin conditions.

Sometimes my clothes rub against my skin, leaving a few open wounds. And I mean open wounds. Intracellular fluid leaks out. No blood... But the skin has been breached, and you can smell the sweet rot.

Sometimes sweat accumulates, and I start scratching. Then a layer of skin is literally peeled off.

Exalted don't get that. Increased healing means that any minor cuts, bruises, aches, or sores just disappear.

Now if your clothes make you chafe, it happens. You just wont get literal skin layers rubbed off.

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
    Possible, but since this will potentially ultimately end in Cohen the Barbarian's diamond dentures or the like I'd imagine exalts would be better.
    Exactly, their dentures get to be made out of adamant.

Or walrus ivory. I think a Northern Lunar with some falsies made of walrus ivory would be pretty neat.

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
    Teeth seem to be one of those things fantasy immortals never have to worry about, so I expect exalts teeth don't wear down or get cavities.
    Now, in fairness, it depends a bit on the quality of their diet; most fantasy immortals don't have diets rich in refined sugars, citric acid, or little bits of rock from less than stellar millstones. An Exalt that isn't dealing with them will probably have teeth that last practically forever; tooth enamel is, after all, the part of a human body which will last the longest by far.

Originally posted by The Fool of Creation View Post
    Even then, I would expect them to regrow, or else every Lunar Exalted would be toothless by age 1,000.
    Funny thing about adult teeth; they don't actually grow. They're already inside your fully formed child skull, resting atop the baby teeth, and are simply extruded out when those are out of the way.

Mind, as Lunars go, it depends on how much time they spend in any given human shape. I was thinking that Raksi could have some pretty cool teeth prosthetics, in keeping with Mahalanka's Mesoamerican look, but then recalled how Raksi is constantly shifting between human shapes.

Yeah, Lunars can probably regrow them.

Shark Lunars, at the very least.
    It makes sense as an application of magic to restore lost limbs, but I don't think it would be comprehensive.

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
    Eh, I just take Exalted Healing as one of those things that are a catchall term for 'you don't suffer from the little things people suffer everyday'. You don't get infection. Small colds and fevers, you don't get. No things like eczema or sudden ant bites. No rashes or itching caused by sweating. You don't get layers of skin rubbed off, no matter how badly your clothes are made or how rough they are.
    No infection or minor illness I get, but I draw the line at the idea that Exalted are never physically uncomfortable.

Leave a comment:

• Accelerator
    replied
    Teeth seem to be one of those things fantasy immortals never have to worry about, so I expect exalts teeth don't wear down or get cavities. They need to be knocked out in fights.
    Eh, I just take Exalted Healing as one of those things that are a catchall term for 'you don't suffer from the little things people suffer everyday'. You don't get infection. Small colds and fevers, you don't get. No things like eczema or sudden ant bites. No rashes or itching caused by sweating. You don't get layers of skin rubbed off, no matter how badly your clothes are made or how rough they are.

Leave a comment:

• Elfive
    replied
    Yeah, Lunars can probably regrow them.

Shark Lunars, at the very least.

Leave a comment:

• The Fool of Creation
    replied
    Even then, I would expect them to regrow, or else every Lunar Exalted would be toothless by age 1,000.

Leave a comment:

• Elfive
    replied
    Teeth seem to be one of those things fantasy immortals never have to worry about, so I expect exalts teeth don't wear down or get cavities. They need to be knocked out in fights.

Leave a comment:

• nalak42
    replied
    Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

In the sense of mortal dentists catering to the Exalted?
    Possible, but since this will potentially ultimately end in Cohen the Barbarian's diamond dentures or the like I'd imagine exalts would be better.

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    And that's why you eventually end up with exalted dentists.
    In the sense of mortal dentists catering to the Exalted?

Leave a comment:

• nalak42
    replied
    Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

That's just making me think of a majority of very old Exalted having ornate replacements of poor natural teeth that needed to be subjected to centuries of abuse.

Those poor, poor teeth...
    And that's why you eventually end up with exalted dentists.

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    That said Exalts live a long time
    That's just making me think of a majority of very old Exalted having ornate replacements of poor natural teeth that needed to be subjected to centuries of abuse.

Those poor, poor teeth...

Leave a comment:

• nalak42
    replied
    Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
    Does Exalted Healing Replace Teeth?
    I'm inclined to say no since humans only have the one pair of adult teeth, so it feels like it would fall into the regrowing a thing that shouldn't heal if lost territory. That said Exalts live a long time and the healing is pretty intensive so I'd say it could fix damage to one's teeth and over an extended timeframe I might allow them to get their new teeth so long as we aren't dealing with weird shenanigans and just as a weird thing that happens at my table.

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
    I would say no, both from a perspective of thinking that's covered by not replacing the completely severed, and because I think having replacements made from fancy materials is pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• Accelerator
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    That's what it means to have one dot in an Attribute. Right there in the book. You don't have to have a horrific lifelong illness to justify having Stamina 1, either.
    Just be kinda unathletic and asthmatic?

Leave a comment:

• WalkingEye
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by Ex3 Core, p. 148
    The character’s Attribute is on the low end of the human average, or worse.
    That's what it means to have one dot in an Attribute. Right there in the book. You don't have to have a horrific lifelong illness to justify having Stamina 1, either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X