No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding BGs attacking Characters, how is the withering damage applied when its more than the character has in initiative?

Like say a BG attacks Character and deals 10 damage. Character has 3 initiative prior to this attack. Is he crashed and at -7 Initiative and open for lethal damage from the BG next round? Or is the initiative above 0 subtracted from the damage and any excess damage applied to the Character`s health track?

Comment

• The former: Initiative damage from an attack is not applied a point at a time, after all, but in a lump sum.

Comment

• There is actually some ambiguity in how it is stated: It can be read as any initiative damage greater than current initiative rolls over into HLs. Alternatively, it can be read that any attacks against a crashed target roll as damage, so your first attack crashes them, and any subsequent attacks then roll as HLs.

The operative part of the text that raised this question for me was-
        Originally posted by page 208
        Any damage the battle group inflicts
        against a target that has fallen into Initiative Crash,
        however, is instead applied directly to the target’s Health
        Track as bashing or lethal damage
        It all comes down to when you technically have "fallen into Initiative Crash". Is it done in a granular fashion, where you check for Crash after each damage point, or is it one and done and check for crash at the beginning of the full damage roll?

Both have their merits. I personally like the one and one method. This way you have chance to bounce back before being damaged. I also don't like that if you go the granular way, they are only ever at 0 initiative, so they can come out of crash much more easily, potentially.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
          There is actually some ambiguity in how it is stated: It can be read as any initiative damage greater than current initiative rolls over into HLs. Alternatively, it can be read that any attacks against a crashed target roll as damage, so your first attack crashes them, and any subsequent attacks then roll as HLs.

The operative part of the text that raised this question for me was-

It all comes down to when you technically have "fallen into Initiative Crash". Is it done in a granular fashion, where you check for Crash after each damage point, or is it one and done and check for crash at the beginning of the full damage roll?

Both have their merits. I personally like the one and one method. This way you have chance to bounce back before being damaged. I also don't like that if you go the granular way, they are only ever at 0 initiative, so they can come out of crash much more easily, potentially.
          You aren't crashed until damage is applied. You don't move down the Initiative track in steps when damage is applied, you move all at once, you suffer 7 points of Withering Damage rather than 1 point 1 point 1 point.

So I definitely think it will only start doing health level damage on the next attack.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• I agree, I had just seen some people on this forum pushing for immediate damage last time this came up, so I guess I pre-emptively acknowledged it as an interpretation I don't agree with.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• -Snip- Never mind, misread a charm.
              Last edited by PraxisCat; 03-21-2017, 10:41 AM.

Currently thinking about: Archery, Thrown Martial Arts, Martial Arts performed with a partner / dual person charms.

Golden Janissary as a CMA Homebrew (Seeking Feedback)

Comment

• Good afternoon everyone.

Two Sidereal crafting questions, both second edition.

1. Does the Savant background count towards ability requirements to build first age artifacts as well as to operate and repair them?

2. The errata (p. 63) for a second edition crafting charm (Sidereal Core p. 143) states that the Charm "reduces the target number of the dice pool by 1, to a minimum of 4". What does that mean mechanically? I thought that might mean that the difficulty of each individual crafting roll is reduced, but then wouldn't this capstone charm be merely a less efficient version of Fateful (Crafting) Excellency?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

• As demons are no longer 'of creation' (nor are the undead, for that matter) what effect does the wyld have on such creatures?

Visit me at Shades of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

Comment

• Same as anything else, I think. They may not be "of creation" but they're still Shaped and the Wyld doesn't really care about shit like the Loom of Fate.

Comment

• You have some puppies. These puppies play in the mud. They proceed to get muddy.

George has some puppies. They are emphatically not your puppies. These puppies play in the mud. They get muddy as well.

Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 03-22-2017, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• 'Course, Third Circle demons will definitely have some sort of Wyld-repelling charm, and a lot of Second Circles will too. They were born in there, so they'll know how to swim.

Comment

• I dont understan what Monk-Seducing Demon Dance is supposed to do. It just make people want to hit on you or talk to you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
                            I dont understan what Monk-Seducing Demon Dance is supposed to do. It just make people want to hit on you or talk to you?
                            Basically it allows you to open up a conversation. It's not the most awe inspiring effect, but yeah the lesser effect means you'll at least get the opportunity for a conversation with a person you want even if they aren't trying to seduce you. If they're trying to seduce you well you can leverage that to get more things that you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                              Basically it allows you to open up a conversation. It's not the most awe inspiring effect, but yeah the lesser effect means you'll at least get the opportunity for a conversation with a person you want even if they aren't trying to seduce you. If they're trying to seduce you well you can leverage that to get more things that you want.

Is there some kind of awesome strategic value for that that Im not seeing?

You said "the lesser effect", is there another effect other than that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post

Is there some kind of awesome strategic value for that that Im not seeing?

You said "the lesser effect", is there another effect other than that?
                                It's an inspire action with automatic successes. Not only are they inspired and thus changing their behavior accordingly; but, it also elicits a specific reaction without needing to pursuade them to do so (i.e. Come seduce me, or otherwise be inclined to listen to me)

My Homebrew: Architect of the Regal Puppet Style (WIP) || Monkey Style (obsolete) || Radiant Halo of Incanescent Might || Pale Driver, Ruination of the Edifice of Tyranny || Sublime Percussion, Just a Whole lot of Fun || Idris, The Graceful Heart of Purpose

Comment

Working...
                                X