Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    I don't think the 2e books do detail the Peaches. There's plenty of info in Exalted - the Sidereals.

As in the 1st edition book? I couldn't find all that much in the 2e book.

Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

Comment

• Peaches of Immortality are super delicious. That is their sole benefit to spirits. As well, there's three bites to each one, and each bite taken will take a good chunk of a mortal's age away - an old man becomes increasingly less old the more he eats and if he eats all three he ends up as young as he was when he was...16 maybe? Possibly 19? I can't recall.

I think the pit of a peach of immortality might have been the main ingredient for a particularly deadly poison. Even if it wasn't officially one, I like the idea of it being so in my mental canon. SO MOTE IT BE.

When one is accustomed to privilege, equality seems like oppression.

Comment

• An immortal ghost!
        I don't (entirely) mean to be flippant; I think there was a ghost in Journey to the West who wanted some of that sweet monk meat for the usual reasons. Ain't no reason a ghost can't get in on superjuicing power.

But sexually.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post

A ghost who eats a Peach of Immortality probably says, "Yummy," and that's about it.

That said, it sounds like a neat idea. If I were running a game and included this plot, I'd probably have the ghost turn into something else, as it finds itself being overcharged with life Essence. Maybe it would turn into some kind of spirit and no longer feel at home in the Underworld. All said, I don't think I'd have anything overly negative happen from a ghost eating a peach of immortality.

Other potential ideas might be making a ghost able to resist the pull of lethe even after losing their fetters...or perhaps giving the ghost such feelings of joy and contentment that they instantly pass into Lethe and reincarnate. Maybe in their new life they'd be given some sort of special destiny?

Comment

• Personally I'd go with something like making the ghost able to experience the sensations of life – love, smell, taste, joy; beyond the pale shadows of the underworld – for a (relatively) brief moment, during which they are tied to Creation instead of the Underworld. Given the rarity of PoI maybe a month or so?

Given that ghosts are potentially immortal it seems both brief enough as to be fleeting yet substantial enough as to be worth the effort.

Jade-Screened Exalted Finding the Path
            Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

• Are there any threads or tips on how to write NPCs, as in what to include, the amount of detail, how to start the write-up...etc.

Since I'm sitting on a bunch of NPCs drawings but absolutely 0 words, and it's making me kinda despaired.

Comment

• Question about Supernal Abilities and how they relate to Charms. If I have a Supernal Ability and it has added benefits for higher essence, do I get those added benefits?

So say I have ess 2. I buy a charm that is ess 2 and has added benefits for when you have ess 3 and ess 5. I have this ability as a Supernal. Do i get those added benefits or do I still have to wait until I actually achieve ess 3/5?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cydoc View Post
                  Question about Supernal Abilities and how they relate to Charms. If I have a Supernal Ability and it has added benefits for higher essence, do I get those added benefits?

So say I have ess 2. I buy a charm that is ess 2 and has added benefits for when you have ess 3 and ess 5. I have this ability as a Supernal. Do i get those added benefits or do I still have to wait until I actually achieve ess 3/5?
                  No as far as the actual math goes in a charm your essence level is what it is. So you don't get the essence 3 benefits until you're essence essence 3 and if a charm were to say you add your essence to the dice pool you would add your actual essence value.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cydoc View Post
                    Question about Supernal Abilities and how they relate to Charms. If I have a Supernal Ability and it has added benefits for higher essence, do I get those added benefits?

Your character supernal counts for both repurchases and upgrades. However, if there's a variable that uses your Essence, that's your character's actual Essence, not 5.
                    For example:
                    Revolving Bow Discipline: a character with essence 1 but Archery Supernal will gain a point of Temporary WP when she crashes an enemy with an attack.
                    Whispered Prayer of Judgment: only adds 1 die to damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jen View Post
                      Are there any threads or tips on how to write NPCs, as in what to include, the amount of detail, how to start the write-up...etc.

Since I'm sitting on a bunch of NPCs drawings but absolutely 0 words, and it's making me kinda despaired.
                      I break it up into three parts:

1. Past. Where is the NPC from? What was their childhood like? Who were their heroes growing up? What did they want to be when they grew up? What is their relationship with their parents? Their first love? Hobbies?

2. Present. What does the NPC do now? What motivates them? What is their job? How do they survive? Do they have any living family/lovers? What is the NPC's interest in the PCs?

3. Future. What is the NPC's goals? What are they striving for? Anything about the world do they want to change? What are their hopes and fears?

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jen View Post
                        Are there any threads or tips on how to write NPCs, as in what to include, the amount of detail, how to start the write-up...etc.

How do you see them being used? If they're intended to be major social opponents, getting a good idea of their ambitions, Intimacies, et cetera., is desired. If they're gonna be in protracted combats, describing how and why they fight is a good choice. If they're leaders of men, maybe describe why people follow them.

Don't write the character up as though it exists in a vacuum.

That's all I got, for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                          No as far as the actual math goes in a charm your essence level is what it is. So you don't get the essence 3 benefits until you're essence essence 3 and if a charm were to say you add your essence to the dice pool you would add your actual essence value.
                          This is partially incorrect. You do get the higher essence benefits with Supernal.
                          For example, Heaven Thunder Hammer doubles the successes for purpose of determining distance at Essence 1 with supernal.
                          You are correct on the math part, though.

Comment

• I'm not looking for an official answer (because there isn't one), but how would you handle resonance and dissonance for artifacts for Alchemicals and Infernals? I feel like resonance with their caste material makes sense for the Alchemicals makes sense, but would they be neutral or dissonant with the other materials? And what makes thematic sense with Infernals?

Comment

• My immediate thought with infernals would be that they default to neutral with everything, but are resonant with "tainted" materials.

Now, this is a bit more complex than simply slapping a label on a given artifact, because the corruption of an artifact this way would almost certainly warp the evocations it produces in a distinctly demonic direction. It essentially makes "tainted" another class of material entirely. I would also consider having the process disrupt the resonant quality for individuals who would normally resonate with the material. Except for solars, obviously, because solars.

Comment

• I dunno that Stormcaller would necessarily change all that much by the tainting process (or, for that matter, need to be "tainted") - there's already a demon inside the blade, after all.
                                Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 04-07-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X