No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Merit(s) would be appropriate to start the game owning a ship?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Resources for a mundane ship, I think. Artifact for an artifact ship, of course. I think the best way would be to take a Resources level at which you could conceivably have and maintain a ship.

But sexually.

Comment

• If you can think of some other way to get a ship that's fine too. One of the examples the books give are a bunch of smugglers who won their ship in a bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
          If you can think of some other way to get a ship that's fine too. One of the examples the books give are a bunch of smugglers who won their ship in a bet.
          I believe I wrote "pair of smugglers who won their ship in a bet."

Alternately to justifying it via Resources, you could tie it to some sort of Flaw, like maybe you have a Debt to a guild factor due to owing him for a shipment of smuggled goods you had to dump to avoid Imperial authorities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard View Post
            Alternately to justifying it via Resources, you could tie it to some sort of Flaw, like maybe you have a Debt to a guild factor due to owing him for a shipment of smuggled goods you had to dump to avoid Imperial authorities.
            If it gets me in with Donald Glover or Billy Dee Williams, I'm down with that.

Comment

• In all seriousness, Ex3's "Owning stuff" system is sort of based on the assumption that if it makes sense for your character to own a particular thing, whether that be arms and armor or a ship or even a big manor, you can just have it. Resources represents income source and to a lesser extent wealth, but not possessions. Other merits may be necessary if you want to maintain your thing, however -- for a ship and a crew, you'll need Followers or Command or at least Resources so you can pay them. Likewise, you probably have a dilapidated mansion if you don't buy the merits for servants.

Comment

• Do any of the Larceny Disguise Charms let you disguise others?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                  Do any of the Larceny Disguise Charms let you disguise others?
                  Currently, none of them do, though you could typically make a [Intelligence + Larceny] roll, enhanced by your Excellency, to disguise someone else.

Question: does anyone think giving the spirit charm Scent of Plague (page 511 of the Core) the Eclipse keyword would be broken? Assuming it only worked on the illnesses spread by disease spirits that have shared their secrets with the Eclipse (meaning you don't have to pay xp again, but you do need to spend some time learning from the Spirit).

Comment

• If I don't want to use the word deva, what should I use instead when refer to a soul of a Primordial since demon is not a thing yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jen View Post
                      If I don't want to use the word deva, what should I use instead when refer to a soul of a Primordial since demon is not a thing yet.
                      "Spirit" works.

Comment

• Why exactly don't you want to use the word deva? This will affect my suggestions for alternatives.

Comment

• Since it means gods, and there is already a "species" of those in Creation. It like naming them fey when the Fair Folk is standing right there.

Comment

• I suppose by the same token, I could be bothered by the term Spirits, when it means the same thing as Ghosts. Actually spirit can be gods too. I'm not trying to knock your desire to rename it, but there's a fair bit of root-word sharing in gaming names. I suspect a lot of us would pick other words that still end up translating to mean "god" in some form. If you really wanted to rename them, I'd pick some word that has nothing to do with their status.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                            I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Any real-world word will necessarily mean something else, since I don't think there's really a culture that had a concept of anything like the Primordial soul structure. I'd go with souls, maybe, or an unrelated title as Unsung Hero suggested.

But sexually.

Comment

• IIRC they all have different names depending on the primordial they descend from.

But if you want a general term, given that they're the servants of the creators of reality, what about angels?

Comment

Working...
                                X