No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time I hear about that! RPGs are educational indeed.

Now I wonder about the difference between a simple relay and an elaborate one...

Comment

• I think that they meant the unmelting heart of Tellerauthelot, that would be MoEP: Abyssals, pg.216. (Who said an unhealthy fondness for Necrotec does not pay off?)
      Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
      Whoops. There goes my street cred.

Is this what you wanted, Cytherea ?
      Yes, that's it exactly! Thank you all so much, I'm definitely impressed you could get that from my ramblings.

Comment

• Would the Unconquered Sun quadruple-fist vape? A vape in every arm? I am horrified.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
          Would the Unconquered Sun quadruple-fist vape? A vape in every arm?
          What leads you to think he would?

Comment

• Originally posted by Argonot View Post
            Now I wonder about the difference between a simple relay and an elaborate one...
            ​I'd presume it's just that an elaborate relay has a lot more waystations, and they're closer together, as well as having more dedicated personnel that can be used to carry the messages.

​That's another thing that makes for a good relay; you don't just switch the horses, you switch the couriers, so that both horse and rider are continuously fresh and the message never needs to have a break, even if the people and animals involved do.

​I suppose a simple relay is one in which the courier gets to maintain almost continuous speed by switching horses, but still need to take a break at the end of each day, with nobody to take over for them.

​But that's just supposition on my part, it's been a while since I've read about such relay systems.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Charm questions:
              • Does Agile Dragonfly Blade allow you to use One Weapon, Two Blows twice in a turn?
                For example: Solar is at 10i, Opponent is at 21i, Solar hits for 4i damage and activates Agile Dragonfly Blade and then One Weapon, Two Blows, then makes another Withering Attack, this time for 5i damage, triggering One Weapon, Two Blows again and presumably devastating his opponent?
              • Is Shadow Dancer Method a good way of getting initiative against opponents with high Defenses and Soak? Is the following correct/legal play?
                • You start at Close Range to your opponent, Flurry an Attack with a Disengage.
                • You pay 1m to keep your two initiative from disengaging, then on your opponent's turn, they try to close with you, but you move back one range band.
                • On your turn, you move back to close range (gaining 2i), then hit them again.
                • Repeat the whole process next round. (You can't disengage the same round you close the distance, unfortunately).

Comment

• Hopefully I am not asking a question that has already been officially answered but there seems to be some debate about the Black Claw charm Torn Lotus Defense and the special withering counter attack it generates. If a martial artist in Black Claw form uses Torn Lotus Defense then all enemies and bystanders in the area are affected by the charm. The next sentence states that bystanders are not susceptible to the special withering attack.

Does the special withering attack from Torn Lotus Defense, while in Black Claw form, effect only the enemy that attacked or all enemies in the area? I am leaning toward the former because the latter seems too strong but I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zyxtal View Post
                  Hopefully I am not asking a question that has already been officially answered but there seems to be some debate about the Black Claw charm Torn Lotus Defense and the special withering counter attack it generates. If a martial artist in Black Claw form uses Torn Lotus Defense then all enemies and bystanders in the area are affected by the charm. The next sentence states that bystanders are not susceptible to the special withering attack.

Does the special withering attack from Torn Lotus Defense, while in Black Claw form, effect only the enemy that attacked or all enemies in the area? I am leaning toward the former because the latter seems too strong but I could be wrong.
                  Basically in the event that you use torn lotus defense while the form is active then influence is rolled against everyone witnessing it, but you're not using the initiative draining aspect against them. So you can't use a counterattack against people who are only involved in the fight by virtue of being nearby, but you can still make them think you're amazing because they can see what you're doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                    Basically in the event that you use torn lotus defense while the form is active then influence is rolled against everyone witnessing it, but you're not using the initiative draining aspect against them. So you can't use a counterattack against people who are only involved in the fight by virtue of being nearby, but you can still make them think you're amazing because they can see what you're doing.
                    Thank you for the quick response

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
                      Charm questions:
                      • Does Agile Dragonfly Blade allow you to use One Weapon, Two Blows twice in a turn?
                        For example: Solar is at 10i, Opponent is at 21i, Solar hits for 4i damage and activates Agile Dragonfly Blade and then One Weapon, Two Blows, then makes another Withering Attack, this time for 5i damage, triggering One Weapon, Two Blows again and presumably devastating his opponent?
                      • Is Shadow Dancer Method a good way of getting initiative against opponents with high Defenses and Soak? Is the following correct/legal play?
                        • You start at Close Range to your opponent, Flurry an Attack with a Disengage.
                        • You pay 1m to keep your two initiative from disengaging, then on your opponent's turn, they try to close with you, but you move back one range band.
                        • On your turn, you move back to close range (gaining 2i), then hit them again.
                        • Repeat the whole process next round. (You can't disengage the same round you close the distance, unfortunately).
                      You're correct on both counts.

Comment

• Does anybody has ideas for a death-theme scythe that doesn't involve screaming faces, bloodied steel or rotting bone and flesh ?

Last edited by Jen; 04-19-2017, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jen View Post
                          Does anybody has ideas for a death-theme scythe that doesn't involve screaming faces, bloodied steel or rotting bone and flesh ?
                          Well, Death in Exalted doesn't have to involve undead, but it does limit your options somewhat.
                          Let's see... would a scythe that worked to create a peaceful death be an idea? Instead of the torturous murder that creates undead, a weapon that fights effective and limits the suffering of it's opponents.
                          Otherwise, a scythe is a harvest tool primary, and a weapon only when it's needed. If you'd be willing to go a little off-theme, maybe some kind of weapon that grew something from the dead? For example, you could use it to grow mushrooms out of your foe's corpse.

No idea if this helps, perhaps clarify what you mean by "Death-Theme"?

Comment

Does anybody has ideas for a death-theme scythe that doesn't involve screaming faces, bloodied steel or rotting bone and flesh ?
                            There's always darkness.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post

Well, Death in Exalted doesn't have to involve undead, but it does limit your options somewhat.
                              Let's see... would a scythe that worked to create a peaceful death be an idea? Instead of the torturous murder that creates undead, a weapon that fights effective and limits the suffering of it's opponents.
                              Otherwise, a scythe is a harvest tool primary, and a weapon only when it's needed. If you'd be willing to go a little off-theme, maybe some kind of weapon that grew something from the dead? For example, you could use it to grow mushrooms out of your foe's corpse.

No idea if this helps, perhaps clarify what you mean by "Death-Theme"?
                              Oooh, this is for a picture so I actually stuck on the appearance side.

As for Death-theme, I'm looking for something along the line of Thanatos i.e peaceful death, focus more on the moment and act of dying itself rather than the pain, hellish afterlife or blood/bone/corpse.

Comment

A couple ideas:

- Moving away from Soulsteel, something like a Black (handle) and White (blade) Jade scythe that reveals spirits, reads their intimacies/anchors, allows ghosts to manifest to speak to their siblings, lets ghosts pass into lethe, etc.

- A Starmetal scythe that leads ghosts towards the end of their journeys, cuts through attachements, helps find/resolve unfinished business, helps find the bliss at the end of life (life well lived or finally the end of suffering), confers blessings that affect the soul's next incarnation, perhaps blesses those that the ghost stayed to protect (in a "you can go, they'll be safe" sort of way).

From these you can get somewhat peaceful or even happy imagery. Something like protection (shields, shawls), plentiness (blessings of food, health), ribbons (paths, emotional connections)
                                Last edited by Fata-Ku; 04-19-2017, 09:46 AM.

Jade-Screened Exalted Finding the Path
                                Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

Working...
                                X