Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CapitanTypo View Post

I suppose this is what I was getting at. Is it possible for a Solar (being, as they were in 2E the indisputable lords of all power and creation) to break someone else's attunement to their artifact?
    If it is, I suspect it would come under Occult.

Comment

The larceny charms in Exalted 2E say that they cannot be used to steal an attuned artifact. So then how DOES someone go about stealing an attuned artifact?

Table Turning Reversal in Black Claw Style can do it if they attack you.

Edit: I didn't realise you were talking about 2E, I'm dumb.
      Last edited by limaxophobiac; 07-12-2017, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
        Two questions. Is a Sidereal's anima banner like a Solar's? You know has inherent powers, can flair up and all that stuff. I can never remember.

What does a Sid's banner do?

I know that it hasn't been set down for 3rd, but I'm mostly operating under the assumption they have anima banners because I can't think why they wouldn't.
        Yes.

They add something to all allies within range for the scene, such as increased damage or MDV.

Comment

• another 2E question:

Both Craftsman Needs no Tools and Crack Mending Meditation supplement extended, dramatic actions yet have a duration of instant rather than scene length or until end of dramatic action. Does this mean that the only way to stack their effects is with a combo?

Also, each one allows the character to do essence x 3 ours work per hour.. So they are combo'd, does that allow the character to do essence x 6 hours work per hour?

Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

Comment

• The two are largely incompatible because if you're building something, you're generally not repairing it, and vice-versa.

Comment

The larceny charms in Exalted 2E say that they cannot be used to steal an attuned artifact. So then how DOES someone go about stealing an attuned artifact?
              Just don't use larceny charms.
              Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
              Table Turning Reversal in Black Claw Style can do it if they attack you.
              This is edition dependent. In EX3 the charm breaks attunement and allows a reflexive commitment to attune. In EX2 attuned weapons were not valid targets for the charm.

​Other than that, in either edition, attunement will end if the exalt is separated from the artefact for a full day, or can be made to drop the commitment.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                The two are largely incompatible because if you're building something, you're generally not repairing it, and vice-versa.
                What makes you say that?

"Craftsman needs no tools" is not exclusively for building things, it just says that you don't need any tools to do whatever craft task you're doing. And I imagine that repairing things requires some tools - especially if you're repairing something large like a smashed breastplate or some large artifact.
                Last edited by CapitanTypo; 07-12-2017, 07:25 AM.

Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                  Two questions. Is a Sidereal's anima banner like a Solar's? You know has inherent powers, can flair up and all that stuff. I can never remember.

What does a Sid's banner do?

I know that it hasn't been set down for 3rd, but I'm mostly operating under the assumption they have anima banners because I can't think why they wouldn't.
                  yes, they have inherent powers. The difference is that, one, they have no image. Its just light. though you can see the stars within their eyes.

Depends on their caste. For example, for Serenity, the anima powers gives boosts to performance.

If you want to use 2nd edition.

Comment

What makes you say that?

"Craftsman needs no tools" is not exclusively for building things, it just says that you don't need any tools to do whatever craft task you're doing. And I imagine that repairing things requires some tools - especially if you're repairing something large like a smashed breastplate or some large artifact.
                    Ex2 Craftsman Needs No Tools indeed supplemented any Craft Action, removing any need for tools and penalties for crafting without them, though you still required materials, as well as replacing each hour of normal work with (Essence x3) hours.

​Ex2 Crack-Mending Technique supplemented actions to repair an object, removing the need for materials (glue, nails, et cetera) to repair cracks and breaks, as well as replacing each hour of normal work with (Essence x3) hours.

​Both charms were denoted as Combo-Okay for when that mattered (prior to Ex2.5)

​In a Combo you would not need tools or materials to repair an object. However, I suspect that that the time boost would not stack.

Comment

• Does anybody have experience with writing custom rituals for Thaumaturgy in Ex3? I'm having real trouble comming up with effects (specific for my character: okkult cooking methods) that are convenient, weird but not powerful enough to be sorcery, charm or evocation territory but still powerful enough to make an experience investment worthwile.

Here a few ideas I had I'm not sure about:

- A ritual for food preservation.
                      - Ritualistic cooking -> classic buff food... But I don't know about balance since even 1 die can be a lot depending on the circumstances. So probably not a good idea?
                      - A ritual that requires something from the target to learn about the target's most desired food/taste. The thing would be consumed in the ritual and the desired food would not necessarily be something that the target knows about.

Am I totally of track with ideas like that?

Comment

• When is 1 die a large boost?

Seems small.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
                          When is 1 die a large boost?

Seems small.
                          When it's free.
                          When it doesn't count towards a charm-cap.
                          When you're mortal.
                          When you don't have other die-adder magic.
                          When you're evenly matched against a foe and 1 die would push you over them.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                          I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Just as The Unsung Hero said (it made me worry even more). What made me unsure was that with a 1 die bonus to things that require accurate movement a mundane weapon would turn into an artifact weapon where accuracy is concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                              Could I get a list of canonical references to the sunken continent in the West?
                              What I can think of off of the top of my head.
                              • MoEP: Infernals
                              • CoTD: the West
                              • CoCD: the Wyld
                              • Dreams of the First Age
                              Are you referring to Lintha, or the Lunar Protectorate controlled by that one Lunar whose name escapes me but spends all his time as an Orca?

Crunch isn't a hobby; it's a calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hexmeister Vic View Post
                                Are you referring to Lintha, or the Lunar Protectorate controlled by that one Lunar whose name escapes me but spends all his time as an Orca?
                                Neither; Lintha Ng Ooru is an island, and Luthe is a city. I'm talking about the continent that was out West and was broken and sunk by cataclysmic events either during the First Age or the Primordial War. Quite a few of the islands in the West are bits from said continent, sticking up out of the water.

Comment

Working...
                                X