No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read "singular nature" as meaning something whose powers follow a very specific and somewhat narrow theme. Something along the lines of Mist the Eternal Revolutionary.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
      Um, if you were the storyteller....

Would you allow the creation of first circle demon equivalents using terrestrial circle sorcery? Basically a weak race of servitors?
      I think that's called Summon Elemental.

But outright creating a permanent race of them should probably be a step higher than the one needed to merely summon a preexisting one, so my gut says it would be a Celestial working.

Which you can do with terrestrial circle sorcery, so technically yes, I guess.
      Last edited by Elfive; 10-04-2017, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post

I think that's called Summon Elemental.

But outright creating a permanent race of them should probably be a step higher than the one needed to merely summon a preexisting one, so my gut says it would be a Celestial working.

Which you can do with terrestrial circle sorcery, so technically yes, I guess.
        What if it doesn't reproduce itself?

Can that count as a terrestrial working?

Comment

• Ok, looking at the examples, creating a single being equivalent to a second circle demon is Celestial Ambition 3. Obviously summoning one is ambition 1 or a spell.

From this it seems logical that creating a single first circle demon equivalent from scratch would be Terrestrial ambition 3.

Comment

• Accelerator, there is a thread specifically for "what level is a working": http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...make-judgments

Comment

• Well this is more about figuring out what would be good guidelines for a specific level, Solar Ambition 3.

So far the most useful idea has been that it should have a specific and possibly narrow theme, thank you Isator Levi.

Comment

• Is there a major city in the south known to use slavery as a punishment for criminal offences

Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

Comment

• Originally posted by CapitanTypo View Post
                  Is there a major city in the south known to use slavery as a punishment for criminal offences
                  Probably most of them?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post

Probably most of them?
                    Well... that makes THAT plot point easier.

Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

Comment

• Not Paragon.

But other than that, yeah, it's going to be most of them. They'll vary as to what crimes are punished with slavery, and how that slavery works (it might be slavery for a set number of years, or until their family buys them out, or permanent), but something slavery-related is going to be common.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• What are the known souls of Szoreny, and where are they detailed?

But sexually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ellis View Post
                          What are the known souls of Szoreny, and where are they detailed?
                          Malfeas. Celestial directions.

Iirc, there is 1 which is basically a silver mercury river, and another that is a mirror dimension

Comment

• Originally posted by Ellis View Post
                            What are the known souls of Szoreny, and where are they detailed?
                            Well, Kagami, the City of Mirrors (Fetich Soul) and Bostvade, the Quicksilver Highway (Second Soul) are detailed in Compass of Celestial Directions: Malfeas.

Comment

• So we all know that Sorcery sucks against exalted. Any exalted with combat experience can defend against it easily.

But what about people like ordinary mortals with bows, arrows, and guns? How about them?

Comment

• Is it possible to banish a Glorious Solar Saber with Summoning the Loyal Steel?

There are times where this would be useful, because it lets you put it away in such a manner that you can re-summon it reflexively without spending any willpower or essence, as long as you do so in the same scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X