Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not 100% sure.

Initially, we all though it meant you could disguise your anima. Since that's what it says. So pretend your Solar anima was a DB anima. That seemed to fit with Sidereals pretending to be other things.

But we found that to be game-breaking, so we said "Nope, we've decided it means anima banner. So you can disguise your giant golden glowing Solar dragon as a giant glowing Solar bear. But not a water dragon surrounded by thrashing water."

I have no idea what the actual intent was. Anima and anima banner are not things which are clearly delineated, linguistically. If it says "disguise your anima", does that mean as a DB anima, or as having a different iconic expression of Solar-might (or whatever your Exalt type is)? Does it include disguising your caste mark? I don't know.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
      Disguise of the New Face basically follows all the same rules as Disguises do normally, which are on p.128. Except that a) you don't need props, make-ups, wigs, etc, b) it can disguise their mannerisms and anima (a terrible rule we house-ruled to mean anima banner, because this spell made being a Solar way too easy) as well, and c)you can use it boost your Appearance by more than 1 (but still max 5).
      Also, you can roll Int+Larceny (like normal) or Int+Craft (Fate).

As per normal disguises, changing your gender, body shape, or racial background, raises the difficulty by 1 (and so takes away 1 from the difficulty to see through the disguise).

Boosting your appearance, however, doesn't seem to raise the difficulty. So if your Appearance 2 sorcerer disguises themselves as an Appearance 5 beauty, that doesn't make it any more difficult. Obviously if someone sees through the disguise, they'll know you're not that good-looking, but I don't see that as any more of an issue than them realising you're a short pale-skinned man and not a tall black woman like your magic is showing you as.
      And here i was hoping to use it as plastic surgery

Comment

• Well, if it's good enough, no one will notice your Appearance 5 is fake.

For plastic surgery, you'll want Flesh-Resculpting Art and a bunch of XP. Plastic surgery blunts your ability to learn, you see.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
          Well, if it's good enough, no one will notice your Appearance 5 is fake.

For plastic surgery, you'll want Flesh-Resculpting Art and a bunch of XP. Plastic surgery blunts your ability to learn, you see.
          Goddamn it.

I'm writing a sorcerer in brockton bay for a fanfic. But i'm wondering about mundane methods of earning money.

So which is better for plastic surgery? Disguise of the new face, or Sesseljae doctors?

Comment

• Medicine Charms?

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

Goddamn it.

I'm writing a sorcerer in brockton bay for a fanfic. But i'm wondering about mundane methods of earning money.

So which is better for plastic surgery? Disguise of the new face, or Sesseljae doctors?
              Well considering the stomach bottle bugs just move through flesh like it were water they wouldn't be that good for plastic surgery as the skin wouldn't reshape. (Now a detox, poison treatment, and stomach pump center they're all over.) As Elfive suggests medicine charms, if we're avoiding using terrestrial workings, make the most sense. You'd still have to perform the surgery and stuff, but solar doctor would be able to make it heal faster. Or I guess depending on the kind you might be able to go with craft for the actual building and such, but I'd still say you'd want medicine on hand.

Comment

• I swear I remember reading a Solar Circle spell that lets a Solar borrow the godspear for a scene or so, but I can’t find it anywhere. Am I misremembering, or does this spell exist somewhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cytherea View Post
                  I swear I remember reading a Solar Circle spell that lets a Solar borrow the godspear for a scene or so, but I can’t find it anywhere. Am I misremembering, or does this spell exist somewhere?
                  I'm pretty sure there is no such spell, but I do remember that the Sun has a Charm to let other people use his spear.

Comment

• It's not really a charm. He just sort of... gives it to you.

Comment

• Where is natural missile in the books?
                      And how do i calculate the damage?

Comment

• What do you mean by natural missile?

Comment

• As I recall, Natural Missile was a mutation option in some of the homebrew mutation sets out there (TAW had it I think). I don't recall if it existed in any base systems, but if it did it was in 2e somewhere. Basically, it was your fill-in for "I can shoot spines from my body" and shit like that.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                          I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                            I don't recall if it existed in any base systems, but if it did it was in 2e somewhere.
                            Compass: Autochthonia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                              It's not really a charm. He just sort of... gives it to you.
                              But charmingly so!

But sexually.

Comment

• When a Solar exalts do they always instantly go full anima or is that something I think i mistakenly remember from past editions?

Comment

Working...
                                X