No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have another question: what is the lore around dowry in Exlated 3rd wedding?
    Is it used at all?
    If so, everywhere?
    Which family pays the dowry, the bride one or the husband one?
    It is something really important or something overlooked?

Comment

• That is going to vary a lot from culture to culture, to the point where your questions can't really be answered.

Comment

• 2e question: How would one go about designing a God-Blood with the shape of an animal? I feel like the character creation rules of God-Bloods assume a humanoid form; you can't add mutations to a humanoid and expect it to be a big spider, I don't think. At best you'd have a Lunar war form, but I'm interested in actually building a character that is a God-Blooded giant spider.

The Teller of Tales, and the Weaver of Dreams

Comment

• I'm putting together my very first campaign and as I iron out the details I'm more and more tempted to put up a dedicated thread for it so that I can solicit advice and critique from more experienced folks. Would such a thread be cool?

Comment

• That's fairly common on here.

Comment

• Has anyone homebrewed/converted some older supplements for Essence 4/5 Solar War for 3e? A lot of the trees are really sparse at the top but War is particularly bad - not a single charm past Essence 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black-Forest View Post
                Has anyone homebrewed/converted some older supplements for Essence 4/5 Solar War for 3e? A lot of the trees are really sparse at the top but War is particularly bad - not a single charm past Essence 3.

Idk if their from older supplements, but the exalted wiki has a large number of charms for war.
                http://exalted3e.wikidot.com/charms

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Has everybody abandoned the 2e ship to jump on the 3e one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Voyd211 View Post
                    Has everybody abandoned the 2e ship to jump on the 3e one?
                    Not everyone, but with 3e being the current edition the forum has adopted the rule that the assumption is any given question is about 3e unless specified as 2e. We still see 2e questions pop up here and there, so it's a valid discussion point. Just make sure you clarify that's what you're asking about.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                    I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Is it unusual for me to write the significance of various Backgrounds and Merits/Flaws in my character sheets? Usually, I write something like this when building my Exalted characters:

Artifact 3 (grand goremaul): While other Abyssals receive their weapons as gifts from their Deathlord patrons, the Custodian seized his from a fellow deathknight. The Dusk underestimated his intellect, and the First and Forsaken Lion now has an extra Exaltation to give out. The Custodian took the Dusk’s weapon, a soulsteel grand goremaul, as his own, and can wield it one-handed thanks to his mutations.

For context, this is a Daybreak-caste Abyssal. I write the Background, its rating, and then a short blurb explaining it. I don't usually bother doing this for Resources, though.

Comment

Is it unusual for me to write the significance of various Backgrounds and Merits/Flaws in my character sheets? Usually, I write something like this when building my Exalted characters:

Artifact 3 (grand goremaul): While other Abyssals receive their weapons as gifts from their Deathlord patrons, the Custodian seized his from a fellow deathknight. The Dusk underestimated his intellect, and the First and Forsaken Lion now has an extra Exaltation to give out. The Custodian took the Dusk’s weapon, a soulsteel grand goremaul, as his own, and can wield it one-handed thanks to his mutations.

For context, this is a Daybreak-caste Abyssal. I write the Background, its rating, and then a short blurb explaining it. I don't usually bother doing this for Resources, though.
                        Is the question whether it's weird to write a backstory for your merits? Then no. You do you, dude.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• The 2e book on the East mentions that some ata-beasts (sapient, talking animals) are heroic mortals. Are there any rules to building them as characters?

Comment

• I think the best you got is to stat them a bit like a beastman. IE a normal human pc with a bunch of merits and flaws depicting their animal nature.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                              I think the best you got is to stat them a bit like a beastman. IE a normal human pc with a bunch of merits and flaws depicting their animal nature.
                              Well, blast. Guess I'm not building Shelob. Or Shadow from Spider Riders.

Edit: BUT I DID IT ANYWAY AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                              Last edited by Voyd211; 12-06-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Is it unusual for me to write the significance of various Backgrounds and Merits/Flaws in my character sheets?
                                It is quite useful to have keynotes on your character's history and development written down somewhere for future reference. Where you find it most convenient to do so is up to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X