No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had some clarification questions about Battle-groups?

-OK another thing that will might come up for this next game is decisive damage and battle-groups? I understand the auto level of damage per 4 damage base but do the BG's get soak and then compare the auto levels damage and roll?

Option 1:
    I assume they do not get soak and you compare this as normal?
    Example:
    For example a single use of Flight of the Brilliant Raptor if at Initiative 11 and willpower 9 would on average route a size 5 elite troop. 20 decisive dice = 5 auto health levels + an average of 8 more for 13 magnitude damage. Very powerful but kind of logical as its not exactly easy to hit with this attack.

Option 2:
    Soak applies as if it were a withering attack, then add the left over health levels per every 4 dice. This may be supported by the sentence at the end of the 1st paragraph which states for every 4 dice rolled.
    Example: an average of 5 dice for 2 successes, and 1 auto damage = 3 magnitude lost against a Size 5 Elite Troop unit. This seems very weak for something that normally resets you to 3 initiative.

Comment

• Soak only ever applies to withering attacks. Decisive attacks get to ignore it and instead have to worry about Hardness + reset to base Initiative. Option 1 is the correct interpretation (though keep in mind that they don't immediately rout, they get a rout check).

Glorious Solar Kitten

Comment

• Is there an official or unofficial Exalted twitter hashtag?

The Truth Machine Chronicle - A first-time Exalted campaign.

Comment

• Originally posted by VioletDreamer View Post

Vance said it doesn't penalize your Defense awhile ago, I think the penalty for the flaw is a -3 to dice rolls though. I hope that helps!
          Yes, it is coincidentally the same penalty as for fighting in darkness (Blind flaw: Ex3,p. 168).
          If you really want to address attacking blind person:
          1. The first attack should be surprise most of the time.
          2. Additionally you can give bonus dice to the attackers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Socratease View Post
            Is there an official or unofficial Exalted twitter hashtag?
            Neither that I'm aware of. If you try to search via #exalted you'll end up with a lot of religious posts, in my experience. @Ex3 used to be pretty big when the book came out, but no one maintained that.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
            I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Maybe I just overlooked something because the core is enormous, but there's something that's always confused me.

Charms (like Stubborn Boar Defense) have the Prerequisite Charms of "None, or any 3 Bureaucracy, Presence, or War charms*" (*to use Stubborn Boar Defense as an example again) have no additional explanation for the varied prerequisites. Is there a mechanical benefit/imperative for taking the listed charms from other trees, or is that just a holdover from earlier design concepts or something?

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Scion with Shield of Knowledge

Comment

• It's because of the Bridge keyword. If you use the prerequisites from other abilities and those abilities are themselves all favoured of caste you can buy the charm at favoured/caste cost even if Integrity is not a Caste/Favoured ability.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Flinty View Post
                  It's because of the Bridge keyword. If you use the prerequisites from other abilities and those abilities are themselves all favoured of caste you can buy the charm at favoured/caste cost even if Integrity is not a Caste/Favoured ability.

Ohhhhh, okay, that's really cool.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Scion with Shield of Knowledge

Comment

• Would the song Old Church Choir be a good song for a gospel singer Zenith to perform? Whenever that particular character crosses my mind, this songs follows her.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yOEviTLJOqo

The Teller of Tales, and the Weaver of Dreams

Behold! My 2e characters.

Comment

• You might need to change the lyrics a bit.

Like, what's a church?

Comment

• in 2.5 do you get any bonuses for being above the ability minimums for crafting an artifact?

Comment

• Originally posted by Liquid_speaker View Post
                          in 2.5 do you get any bonuses for being above the ability minimums for crafting an artifact?
                          Nope, you have more dice that's it.

Comment

• 3E question. Suppose an E4 Solar uses Wake the Sleeper and manages enough success to awaken even E5 Evocations, can they be used or must the Solar wait till he hits E5 for usage?

Comment

• Two related questions, that came up in our game this weekend.

1 - Am I correct in saying that extra successes from the strike roll of a Decisive attack are lost, and confer no extra benefit down the line?

2 - At the climax of the battle, one of our players wanted to use a social approach Decisively. Her Solar leapt at the crashed God-Blooded antagonist, kicked him down, and held the point of a nocked and drawn arrow at his throat, to convince him to stop and listen. I modeled that as a Dex+Presence "attack" and assigned a difficulty as if a Gambit when it came time to rolling the Initiative dice. Question: am I reasonably close to correct in handling it this way?

As a bit of background to both 1 and 2, the particular God-Blooded antagonist had a defining intimacy toward his love, a young runaway Dynast, whom he thought was going to be attacked by the Circle. Before the combat, a combination of crummy rolls and high resolve+intimacy kept him from seeing reason. Our Solar's goal for the fight was to get him to talk without having to harm him.

I made a guess at using Dex+Presence, so the Solar could use the social-related Excellency she wanted to use, coupled with Dex because it was a rather pointedly kinetic method of communication.

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

• 1) By default, yes. There are a few charms that can pick them up and do things with them.

2) Yeah, sure. A bit weird but that's the sort of improvised stuff gambits are for.

Comment

Working...
                                X