Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings and Salutations

I am not that experienced figuring out Charm synergies. I am looking at a tank like character so either Dodge or Resistance. The plan is to be a Dawn M/A using Snake form.

Is there any synergies I should be aware of with either Dodge or Resistance?

while (horse.state == dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Comment

• Take a look at Living Bonds Unburdened and Iron Skin Concentration, and consider what happens if you combine them with Unbowed Willow Meditation, Unbridled Shade Attitude, or Wound-Knitting Exercise.

Comment

1. 2 Solars (A and B) and an Abyssal (C) are Fighting.
        2. A and C both have the same initiative and thus act on the same tick.
        3. A decides to attack C to initiate a Clash to try to surpass C's amazingly huge Defense score.
        4. C decides to attack B because they don't WANT to deal with a Clash because his Defense score is amazingly huge.
        Do A and C end up Clashing or not?

It seems that if it's optional then why would a foe with a superior Defense ever opt in to it?

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
          3. A decides to attack C to initiate a Clash to try to surpass C's amazingly huge Defense score.
          4. C decides to attack B because they don't WANT to deal with a Clash because his Defense score is amazingly huge.

It seems that if it's optional then why would a foe with a superior Defense ever opt in to it?
          In that case, i would roll an opposed Dexterity test between the two combatants. Whoever wins "goes first", as it were, even though they have the same initiative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston123 View Post

In that case, i would roll an opposed Dexterity test between the two combatants. Whoever wins "goes first", as it were, even though they have the same initiative.
            But that didn't answer the question, do they Clash or does A have to deal with C's defense?

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
            I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

No. You don't clash unless you're attacking the person who's attacking you. And yes, it is kind of optional ish. If two people aren't locked in a duel to the death, nobody has charms to force clashes and one of them is actively avoiding a clash then they aren't going to clash each other.

Infernals - To Rule in Hell
              Simple Solar > Abyssal conversion rules
              3e Dragon Kings
              My martial arts

Comment

But that didn't answer the question, do they Clash or does A have to deal with C's defense?
                If A wins the dexterity test, they force a Clash on C. If C wins the dexterity test, they act before A, and can do whatever they want.

Its not exactly RAW, but it works pretty well in my games

Comment

• If you were going to make a Grand Canyon type place in the South. Where would you put it?

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
                    If you were going to make a Grand Canyon type place in the South. Where would you put it?

Exactly what do you mean by "a Grand Canyon type place"? Are you talking about simply the geographical feature, a very large canyon? Are you looking for something that matches the Grand Canyon in the modern day, when it's a significant tourist attraction and national park? Or do you want something like the Grand Canyon a few centuries ago, with the Native American cultures that lived in the area? Because all three of those have different answers.

Comment

• The Grand Canyon has a river in the bottom, right? So probably not in the middle of the desert.

Comment

• Originally posted by CharonFerryman View Post
                        3E question. Suppose an E4 Solar uses Wake the Sleeper and manages enough success to awaken even E5 Evocations, can they be used or must the Solar wait till he hits E5 for usage?
                        I guess this question got missed. Anyone with an answer?

Comment

• I'd say they stay banked until you hit essence 5.

Or you could have the charm awaken custom essence 4 evocations instead. That seems less meta. An artifact's evocations are supposed to be unique to the wielder in-game after all, so it makes more sense they'd get a bunch they could use.

Not many artifacts even have printed essence 5 evocations anyway.

Comment

• Kelly Pedersen Well, not necessarily touristy, closer to the Native American portion of the Timeline. I'm building a campaign off of Tomb of Dreams, and I wanted the River Spirits river to have become a large canyon now. I had the campaign set in the South, and not just so I could have the Tomb collapsing resemble the Cave of Wonders collapsing in Alladin.

Elfive Fun fact, the Grand Canyon is in a Cold Desert called the New Mexico/Arizona plateau and is straddled by the Mojave, Sonora, and Chihuahua deserts.
                            I was thinking the mountains and geography in the area between Kirighast and Chiaroscuro could have produced a river akin to the Colorado river, but I was curious if anyone else had any thoughts, or if there was a already a named canyon other than Munaxes.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                              I'd say they stay banked until you hit essence 5.

Or you could have the charm awaken custom essence 4 evocations instead. That seems less meta. An artifact's evocations are supposed to be unique to the wielder in-game after all, so it makes more sense they'd get a bunch they could use.

Not many artifacts even have printed essence 5 evocations anyway.

I guess I'll ask the Devs instead.

But thank you very much anyway.

Comment

• Where did all the Ink Monkeys stuff go?

When Heaven forbids Exigents, only forbidden gods will have Exigents. The Hanged Man wrote: Space. Pfft, whatever. I can kick Space's ass with a starting Dynast.

Comment

Working...
                                X