Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
    Subtlety just means they retract when you're not using them. Actual TK is more the province of charms.
    I agree. Telekinetic invisible arms literally was an (Infernal) charm in 2nd ed.

It might also be reasonable as a spell.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• The actual Subtlety Merit wouldn't make them invisible, but I wouldn't find invisible, extending arms to be beyond the scope of Merits, if a fairly highly priced one.

​It might compete with certain supernatural powers to do the same or similar thing, but so does the Wings Merit, and that works out decently.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Two questions on Archery charms that have been bothering me...

How does Arrow Storm Technique actually work, in terms of damage? Do you apply your initiative as a regular decisive attack on the primary target and then divide that same number up between the attacks on extra targets, effectively doubling it? Or do you include the initial decisive attack in the extras and divide your initiative evenly between all of them?

When you pay for duplicate arrows with Rain of Feathered Death, does it also copy any charms that modify those attacks? Or do you have to pay to apply the charms to each attack individually?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aretii View Post

I would say no without a special Merit (like some sort of giant octopus monster). It's not really doable unless you're significantly larger than your foes, as anyone who has been mobbed by children can attest. Grappling is all about using leverage to restrict your opponent's movements, and it's hard to be simultaneously leveraged against multiple active things.

Stunt should be enough. As an inspiration take all those Jackie Chan movies where he bundles multiple opponents together using their clothes, belts, ladders and other things laying around.

Comment

• Anyone know where Sidereal Arcane Fate is talked about in first edition?

Comment

• Is it not in the sidereal book?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                I agree. Telekinetic invisible arms literally was an (Infernal) charm in 2nd ed.

It might also be reasonable as a spell.
                A combination of dance of the smoke cobras and guardian of the flame?

Comment

• Does anyone know of any effects (in 2nd or 3rd edition) that could block a sorcerer from using spells for a period of time? I have an NPC with the azure chariot spell, but I’d really like to do a plot with them that the chariot would entirely negate. Any ideas? Something necromantic would be especially appropriate for what I have in mind, but I’m open to any suggestions.

Comment

• I think Zelator's capstone from Arms of the Chosen might do something like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cytherea View Post
                      Does anyone know of any effects (in 2nd or 3rd edition) that could block a sorcerer from using spells for a period of time? I have an NPC with the azure chariot spell, but I’d really like to do a plot with them that the chariot would entirely negate. Any ideas? Something necromantic would be especially appropriate for what I have in mind, but I’m open to any suggestions.
                      In the White and Black Treatise it specifically calls out the fact that the Chariot can only be cast during daylight hours and the 2E core says it can only be cast while the sun is in the sky. Perhaps a necromantic working to blot out the sun in a given area?

Given that it doesn't exist in 3E, are you playing a 3E game or 2E?

As for a blanket cannot cast spells, I know of nothing in either edition that would lock down sorcery entirely, with good damn reason. The exception being those manacles in 2E that drain motes forever, though that wouldn't stop a character in 3E from casting spells since they're not using normal motes any more.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• The sorcerer in question could have a Flaw tied to their particular way of shaping sorcery which could inhibit it. Like if they require a special resource to smoke in their pipe as part of a shaping ritual, or their hands have to be free, or they have to maintain their ascetic lifestyle to cast spells at all (Vegan superpowers?!) Every sorcerer is unique!

Comment

• Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
                          In the White and Black Treatise it specifically calls out the fact that the Chariot can only be cast during daylight hours and the 2E core says it can only be cast while the sun is in the sky. Perhaps a necromantic working to blot out the sun in a given area?

Given that it doesn't exist in 3E, are you playing a 3E game or 2E?

As for a blanket cannot cast spells, I know of nothing in either edition that would lock down sorcery entirely, with good damn reason. The exception being those manacles in 2E that drain motes forever, though that wouldn't stop a character in 3E from casting spells since they're not using normal motes any more.
                          I'm running a game in 2E, but I'm happy to steal ideas I like from 3E and port them over in one way or another. I definitely like your idea of an unnatural night! Thank you, that works perfectly.

Comment

• Why are the stats for the daiklave and reaper daiklave the same? I know it is the same for slashing sword and straight sword, but why have to identical weapons? Why not give straight sword the piercing instead of balanced?

Comment

• Because they wanted katanas to be identical to western swords, but if they didn't specifically put in something that would count as a katana everyone would be all "hey, where are the katanas?"

Also martial arts distinguish between them.

Comment

• How busted is it if I created a charm that let the Solar attune to multi Artifacts at discounted costs? Since I want my Eclipse to fight with 7 weapons, but the motes required is huuuuuge.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Working...
                                X