No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Love gods could be either under the Bureau of Heaven, Humanity, or Destiny. I don't think it's written up, so I think it's up to you.

I'd probably put some in each so they can have bureaucratic battles.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Could someone clarify the wording on the Voice of the Night Bird MA charm? The mastery bonus for Dollars states that it's an artefact weapon, does this mean that the Solar needs to commit essence for attunement? Also, when taking a flurry action with a Performance influence, are the penalties ignored for just influence roll, or does the Exalted ignore all of the usual flurry penalties?

Comment

• It's not actually an artifact weapon, it just has the stats of one.

Comment

• Is the Light Armor Buff Jacket just accidently missing the silent tag that the Medium Armor Reinforced Buff Jacket has? Seems odd that the lighter version that is made of leather and has no mention of metal makes noise when the heavier version which has metal reinforcing doesn't. To me they should both be silent, or at least reversed.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightsSorrow View Post
            Could someone clarify the wording on the Voice of the Night Bird MA charm? The mastery bonus for Dollars states that it's an artefact weapon, does this mean that the Solar needs to commit essence for attunement? Also, when taking a flurry action with a Performance influence, are the penalties ignored for just influence roll, or does the Exalted ignore all of the usual flurry penalties?

It just has the stats of an artifact weapon, it doesn't create one that requires attunement. A "kiai" is a shout, btw - not a physical thing.

Comment

• Where was that story in 1st edition? The one in which a character picked an apple from a tree during famine, then before his eyes, the apple regenerated itself? Cause that tree was some kind of 'traveller's staff'?

Comment

• I can't for the life of me remember so I might as well ask here. Does any book specify what lies beyond the borders of the underworld? Like the place you would normally enter the wyld?

Comment

• Originally posted by xoff00 View Post

It just has the stats of an artifact weapon, it doesn't create one that requires attunement. A "kiai" is a shout, btw - not a physical thing.
                  My reading is that the -1 mobility penalty of the Reinforced Buff Jacket doesn't apply to stealth rolls. The base buff jacket has no penalty, so it has no need of silent.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Scion with Shield of Knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Lionmanguy View Post
                    I can't for the life of me remember so I might as well ask here. Does any book specify what lies beyond the borders of the underworld? Like the place you would normally enter the wyld?
                    Afik, [Ex2] does not exactly say. The Compasses of Celestial Directions indicate that the Wyld and Underworld have no connection. Wyld Pockets and the like don't exist in the Underworld (but no mention of what does). And when the Balorian conquest dissolved the edges of Creation into the Wyld, it is said that their reflection in the Underworld simply disappeared.

​So, while there is no explicit mention, I'd say that where Creation does not exist to be reflected, there is just no there in the Underworld for anything to be. What happens if you try to enter not-there (or how you might even do so) is up to you.

​[Ex3] is much more explicit that everything in the Underworld that flows away from Creation, travels through the Labyrinth and into Oblivion.

Comment

• In either 2nd or 1st edition I vaguely remember there was mention of animal kings who could control others of their ilk. Could anyone point me to these entries or just tell me if I am remembering things wrong? Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                        In either 2nd or 1st edition I vaguely remember there was mention of animal kings who could control others of their ilk. Could anyone point me to these entries or just tell me if I am remembering things wrong? Thanks in advance
                        The only thing I remember similar to that was the book on An Teng (South West corner of the map), which had special masks that gave people the ability to call up armies of animals. This was either in Savage Seas, COTD: South or COTD: West.

Comment

• Originally posted by Citadel97501 View Post
                          This was either in Savage Seas, COTD: South or COTD: West.
                          CoTD: South and Blood and Salt.

Comment

• In which book was the maidens little sister mentioned? And what was her name?

Comment

• Originally posted by light-hero View Post
                              In which book was the maidens little sister mentioned? And what was her name?
                              Manual Of Exalted Power: Sidereals page 88. She is one of the optional identities of Oversight. Her name is ... Little Sister.
                              Last edited by Greyman; 02-14-2018, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                                In either 2nd or 1st edition I vaguely remember there was mention of animal kings who could control others of their ilk. Could anyone point me to these entries or just tell me if I am remembering things wrong? Thanks in advance

You may be thinking of the "animal avatars", a set of gods whose portfolios were each defined as a whole species of animal (as opposed to individual animals or herds/groups within the species). Significant examples definitely included the Mammoth Avatar, who gets mentioned pretty extensively in Compass of Terrestrial Directions: The North, and a writeup with stats in Books of Sorcery 4: Roll of Glorious Divinity (pp. 56-58).

Comment

Working...
                                X