No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a Radeken (a Madling Hellstorm, demon of the First Circle and progeny of the Vitriolic Dragon of Kimbery) actually like, and where can I find infomation/stats for one?

Comment

• They're in 2e Compass: Malfeas.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Does anyone know how long Onyx Path's recent kickstarters have run for?
        They use a model whereby they start the kickstarter when the book is actually pretty much done. So I assume that, rather than it running until they have enough money/it's finished, they run it for a set time? Or do they just wait for a certain amount of money?

Obviously, I'm wondering how long it's likely to be between the Dragonblood Kickstarter being released at the end of the month, and the book actually being published.

Comment

• Is there a vector map of Creation? Not merely a huge pixel count one, but vector so they can be zoomed to arbitrary scale? Editable with layers would be great, but not strictly necessary.

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
            Does anyone know how long Onyx Path's recent kickstarters have run for?
            ​They tend to be for around a month.

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz
            Or do they just wait for a certain amount of money?
            ​I don't think you can do that on Kickstarter.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Obviously, I'm wondering how long it's likely to be between the Dragonblood Kickstarter being released at the end of the month, and the book actually being published.
              No real connection on that score. The only KS stretch goal that might impact when the book comes out is a bump to the art budget.

As of current time, expected time for the actual book is somewhere in the order of months, given it's in Art Direction.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​They tend to be for around a month.
                Okay, thanks.

​I don't think you can do that on Kickstarter.
                Sure, I don't know how it works.

No real connection on that score. The only KS stretch goal that might impact when the book comes out is a bump to the art budget.
                Oh, so they don't come out straight after the Kickstarter finishes?

Comment

Oh, so they don't come out straight after the Kickstarter finishes?
                  Nope. Onyx Path don't work like that. The PDF is released to the backers at some point after the KS finishes - it's never been immediately afterwards, so far, more along the line of months/years - then there's a couple of months while it gets errata'd, then it gets a public release.

DB's going to be on the quicker end of that spectrum.

While we wait, we'll have the preview text, which'll be released in chunks to backers over the KS (about a quarter of the chapters each week).

Comment

• Well, the preview text is good enough to run games from at least, just not so pretty. So, as fluff is earlier in the book than charms, I guess the charms will be later in April than the fluff.

I think we've got a game halfway through April, so I wonder if our PCs'll be ambushed by a group of Air-aspect Ninjas using only air-aspect charms...

But I don't think you could really convert PCs until you had all of it, since the last quarter probably still includes some charms (though maybe just Martial Arts).

Anyway, that's nice to hear, thanks.

Comment

• Although there have been a few Kickstarters that released the whole text at once. That might have only been for corebooks of new lines, though.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                        Although there have been a few Kickstarters that released the whole text at once. That might have only been for corebooks of new lines, though.
                        It wasn't; sourcebook KSes like Lore of the Clans and Book of the Wyrm 20 also had full text releases.

Since they got James in to oversee the Kickstarters, however, they've been breaking the text up into chunks.

Comment

• Do you think one can have Sorcerous potential/ritual as an innate ability to a character?
                          A few of the sorcerous initiations require contracting with a higher being to derive that power, but it leaves me to wonder where they got their own Sorcerous ability and whether it was innate to them.

I think for instance a demon blooded of Mara could probably have the abilities of the Bargain with Mara shaping ritual as an innate merit but they seemed to put a certain emphasis on the difficulty of a mortal to tap into the sorcerous power, so I'm left wondering if it would be against the spirit of the setting to have it be possible to inherit.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post
                            Do you think one can have Sorcerous potential/ritual as an innate ability to a character?
                            "Not yet."

We don't exactly have it quantified, which elements are necessary for someone to awaken into the world of sorcery; but the process of becoming a sorcerer - whether it's granted via demonic pacts, elemental benefaction, having the doors of your soul blasted open by the Wyld, or discovering the alchemical mixtures to let you shape Essence - is always transformative.

It's somewhat akin to asking if a caterpillar can fly.

In the case of your Demon-Blooded, I'd say that they might have an easier time enlightening themselves into sorcery, and wouldn't necessarily need to make a pact with Mara to achieve the Shaping ritual, but until they do, they have no more knack for sorcery than the farmer down the road.
                            Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 03-11-2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post

I think for instance a demon blooded of Mara could probably have the abilities of the Bargain with Mara shaping ritual as an innate merit but they seemed to put a certain emphasis on the difficulty of a mortal to tap into the sorcerous power, so I'm left wondering if it would be against the spirit of the setting to have it be possible to inherit.
                              ​I feel as though they could have some powers to steal souls and control darkness, but wouldn't be able to cast spells through it unless they found an actual initiation.

Comment

• Are there any artifact god kicking boots in any 3E material?

Would it be a stretch to say that a pair of Dragon bloods during the Shogunate were able to create boots that could walk on air?
                                I can always have first age solar make them but it feels a bit cliche.

Comment

Working...
                                X