Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post
    Are there any artifact god kicking boots in any 3E material?

Would it be a stretch to say that a pair of Dragon bloods during the Shogunate were able to create boots that could walk on air?
    I can always have first age solar make them but it feels a bit cliche.
    http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...81#post1079481

That being said, air-walking boots sound awesome?

Comment

Would it be a stretch to say that a pair of Dragon bloods during the Shogunate were able to create boots that could walk on air?
      That doesn't sound like it should be higher than Artifact 3, which shouldn't be too hard for Dragon Blooded in the Age of Sorrows to make.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

That doesn't sound like it should be higher than Artifact 3, which shouldn't be too hard for Dragon Blooded in the Age of Sorrows to make.
        Ah. It’s just that the wings of the Raptor are four dot and I’m looking to give the boots some evocations based on leaping on air or on ground, I thought it might bump it up to four dot.
        I was ready to justify it involving the boots having some Unicorn parts in them, as their 2e version had the power to gallop on the air.

Comment

• In 2e there existed the Belt of Aerial Mobility as a 3 dot artifact (compare to Wings of the Raptor which back then also were 4 dot artifacts). Comparing the ability to the Shadowbelt from the 3e core I think is fair... so yeah 3 dots sound fine.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

Ah. It’s just that the wings of the Raptor are four dot and I’m looking to give the boots some evocations based on leaping on air or on ground, I thought it might bump it up to four dot.
            I was ready to justify it involving the boots having some Unicorn parts in them, as their 2e version had the power to gallop on the air.
            ​Well, that's ultimately up to you, depending on how powerful you'd want those Evocations to be. My instinct tells me that walking on air is consistent with other three-dot Artifacts.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Does it state how many years pass between the Usurpation and the opening of the Jade Prison?
              I want to figure out how many generations have passed in that time.

Comment

• The estimates I think tossed about but never confirmed are about 12 to 15 centuries.

And stuff.
                My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Roughly how many dragon-blooded would it make sense for there to be in Chiaroscuro? Like, on average, not just passing through.

The Truth Machine Chronicle - A first-time Exalted campaign.

Comment

• Is there a Martial Art that combines primarily swordplay with some Thrown-like shenanigans for distraction or utility? I'm trying to build as straight-trope of a ninja as I can get away with, and working up two Solar trees is an expensive disappointment or limits other areas.

Alternatively, does a Martial Art like Ebon Shadow work with the throwing of knives; knives being style weapons?

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

Does it state how many years pass between the Usurpation and the opening of the Jade Prison?
                      I want to figure out how many generations have passed in that time.
                      I think it's about 1200 years now. Minton has said the shogunate only lasted a few centuries, and that it was less than the length of the Scarlet Empress' reign.

Comment

• What happens to a grace forged for a mortal when the mortal dies?
                        I'm wondering whether a Fae-blood could have their graces passed on their family line as an heirloom after they die.

Is there a mutation that allows one to retain the strength/appearance of their youth without extending their lifespan?
                        Last edited by GrayWalker; 03-14-2018, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Darkstep View Post
                          Is there a Martial Art that combines primarily swordplay with some Thrown-like shenanigans for distraction or utility? I'm trying to build as straight-trope of a ninja as I can get away with, and working up two Solar trees is an expensive disappointment or limits other areas.

Alternatively, does a Martial Art like Ebon Shadow work with the throwing of knives; knives being style weapons?

"Ebon Shadow Weapons: Ebon Shadow style uses fighting
                          chains to deliver painful, lashing blows, or moves in close
                          to use unarmed attacks, sais, tiger claws, and knives to
                          deliver strikes to the jugular, solar plexus, and other weak
                          points of the body."

Emphasis mine.

As for alternative MAs, a quick look through ye ole scroll of the Monk doesn't yield anything exactly like what you are looking for.

RAW you don't have an option, but since those thrown attacks could only be augmented with Ebon Shadow charms, and you can't wear armor, it wouldn't be OP IMO to allow it. Ask your ST. It is also thematic AF.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• The devs have confirmed that ebon shadow doesn't work with thrown attacks.

Comment

What happens to a grace forged for a mortal when the mortal dies?
                              I'm wondering whether a Fae-blood could have their graces passed on their family line as an heirloom after they die.
                              Looking through GWM, Scroll of Heroes, and Errata, I don't see on official answer on what happens to forged graces of dead fae, let alone mortals.

There are fabled grace artifacts that don't necessarily mention who they were forged for/from, so it can be inferred that these explicit objects have some longevity separate from their origin. I personally would rule that they follow the same logic as Wyld Shaped items, that through interaction of some kind, these objects are maintained, but lost and forgotten graces dissociate into the nothingness.

Now, if you are looking for this inherited grace to also provide shaping capabilities, that has less support RAW, but sounds cool IMO so Golden Rule.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Thing I've been debating for a while and thought I'd ask.
                                I'm toying with creating a thread on the campaign I'm running with my group. Partially to share and more predominantly to be able to get help with advancing things and storylines in the campaign.
                                So what procedure is there for making a thread like that here? Like what things do I include in the starting post, what tags do I attach to the thread, etc.?

Comment

Working...
                                X