No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I was kind of inspired by the game Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun and had an idea for a Solar saboteur/assassin who invents and uses an arquebus, based heavily on the character Takuma. I've cleared it with my ST, but my issue is that I'm unsure as to whether he should be Night-caste sniper with Archery supernal and a few charms and about 3-4 dots in Craft: Gunsmithing, or whether I should double on the 'invention' angle with a Twilight. Ideas? Thoughts?

Comment

• Use the sniper idea. Arquebus isn't totally impossible for creation. But snipers are cool

Comment

• I'm not familiar with the source material, but is this Takuma more known for creating the arquebus, or using it? Do they tinker with other things?

Were you planning on using the Firewand stats for it?

edit: FYI, Unless you have houserules in place, Night's can't supernal Archery.
        Last edited by MoroseMorgan; 04-05-2018, 11:46 AM.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• The shard of ice that apparently is pierced through a Wanasaan's heart after their sorcerous initiation, I read that right in that it is an actual thing that exists and isn't metaphorical?

Comment

• I might have missed this somewhere, but do the rules cover how to use Medicine/Sorcery to change how someone else looks a la plastic surgery?

I don't mean illusions, I mean actively resculpting someone's physical features.

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
              I might have missed this somewhere, but do the rules cover how to use Medicine/Sorcery to change how someone else looks a la plastic surgery?

I don't mean illusions, I mean actively resculpting someone's physical features.
              Not explicitly spelled out in the rules, but it has come up on the board before. (God only knows where, but it was a discussion.) Sorcery can probably just fall under a terrestrial working if you're only going for cosmetic alterations not outside of normal human anatomy.

Medicine I don't recall I think someone suggested just checks, and there might have been a joke about using craft, but I don't recall the medicine portion of the discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                Not explicitly spelled out in the rules, but it has come up on the board before. (God only knows where, but it was a discussion.) Sorcery can probably just fall under a terrestrial working if you're only going for cosmetic alterations not outside of normal human anatomy.

Medicine I don't recall I think someone suggested just checks, and there might have been a joke about using craft, but I don't recall the medicine portion of the discussion.
                Huh. So one can take the blood of the Heavenly Brides, and then use it to make their lover insanely beautiful?

Interesting.

Comment

• So if I have an armor that let the wearer attack like Sonic the Hedgehog i.e Curve into a ball and the opponent with your body, should I roll Dex+Brawl or Dex+Melee to attack?

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Jen View Post
                    So if I have an armor that let the wearer attack like Sonic the Hedgehog i.e Curve into a ball and the opponent with your body, should I roll Dex+Brawl or Dex+Melee to attack?
                    I'd make it Brawl, unless it's explicitly about....rolling up with your sword and hitting them?

But sexually.

Comment

• Oh, it's because the method of attack is so orthodox that I don't know what Abilities to roll with.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

• I'd definitely say Brawl, you are attacking with your body.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• If you're not sure what an attack should be, it's probably brawl.

Comment

• If I'm hidden in combat having used Stealth, and I'm in close range of an enemy (who can't see me because I'm stealthed, but does know I'm around as the fights continued a while), do I need to disengage to move away?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                              If I'm hidden in combat having used Stealth, and I'm in close range of an enemy (who can't see me because I'm stealthed, but does know I'm around as the fights continued a while), do I need to disengage to move away?

I would say no

‚Äč
                              Originally posted by Jen View Post
                              Oh, it's because the method of attack is so orthodox that I don't know what Abilities to roll with.

Maybe Dex+athletics? But ya, brawl at least sounds more plausible than melee for this

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

• I have a feeling that a Dev once said that you could use charms like Leaping Tiger and Thunderbolt Attack Prana to attack people at range even if you were already next to someone else. So, while fighting one set of guys, you could spring to attack another set without needing a Disengage roll. That because the charm moved you, it ignored the need for Disengage. Am I remembering that right, or not at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X