Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Sorry, blargh. Yeah, then Wits + Sail seems good, since 3e used exactly that stat pair.
    Thank you!

DrLoveMonkey - "On the other hand having a warhammer that's basically a steel beer keg on the end of a seven foot pole is fucking awesome."

Comment

• Did the "Morning Star Guide" artifact ever get printed in 2e? I saw it while skimming a 1e book, and couldn't help but wonder why I didn't recall seeing it in 2e…

Comment

• Can anyone remember approximately how long it took for Dragonblood to go from First Draft to Kickstarter?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
          Can anyone remember approximately how long it took for Dragonblood to go from First Draft to Kickstarter?
          Three years, almost exactly; it entered the Monday Meeting project list March 30th 2015, and went to KS March 27th 2018.

Keep in mind there was a delay in production, so it shouldn't be taken as standard for a fatsplat.

EDIT: Looking a little more closely, from 2015 to 2017, it went from First Draft to Second Draft. When Eric and Robert took over, it got knocked back to First Draft by April 3rd 2017, but hit KS within a year.
          Last edited by marin; 06-02-2018, 07:55 AM.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Yeah, that's probably a bit difficult to judge from.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ketrus View Post

Page 191.

You compare hardness to the damage pool, not to the successes rolled. Thunderbolt Attack Prana does not help you bypass hardness, it simply makes it hurt twice as bad when you do. In general, if you're fighting an opponent with Hardness 8, you need 9 initiative in order to hurt them with a decisive attack, and no effect that adds damage successes (including TAP) changes that.

(Edit: mind you, I still seriously consider taking Thunderbolt Attack Prana on every Solar I put together. Both of its prerequisites are good, and it lets almost anyone smash through a battle group's magnitude with only middling init. That's a neat trick no matter how you look at it.)
              tks for clarification, i never understood this one i guess. its gona be a game changer around the table

Comment

• Do we know how Lunar Tattoos work in this edition?
                Do they still have antibody manipulation effects from anything the Lunar themselves doesn't do?

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post
                  Do we know how Lunar Tattoos work in this edition? Do they still have antibody manipulation effects from anything the Lunar themselves doesn't do?
                  The shape change immunity had nothing to do with antibodies, and tattoos didn't protect from disease or crippling injury or such.

Well, as far as I recall from "ask the devs" discussions, Moonsilver Tattoos fix castes and the intent is for them to also immunise against imposed transformations -- which unlike previous editions will not include wanted effects such as, for instance, their own casting of Invulnerable Skin of Bronze, or Wood Dragon Claws, spells.
                  ref: MoEP:Lunars pg129-130. Wild Taint and Tattoos

PS: Chimerism is completely overhauled in Ex3, being a chosen hybridisation of spirit forms rather than a symptom of wyld taint.
                  Last edited by Greyman; 06-04-2018, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                    Did the "Morning Star Guide" artifact ever get printed in 2e? I saw it while skimming a 1e book, and couldn't help but wonder why I didn't recall seeing it in 2e…
                    To the best of my knowledge, its only appearance was in Exalted: the Abyssals, p. 257.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post
                      Do they still have antibody manipulation effects from anything the Lunar themselves doesn't do?
                      ​What in the Sam Hain...?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Yeah I phrased that rather poorly. I mean anti-shaping effects. I mean it stopped them from doing things like participating in the Unity of Closed Fist Spell.
                        I'm sorry I phrased that poorly or misunderstood their effect.

Comment

• They can let through any effect they want. Because only casteless lunars getting to UOTCF was lame.

Comment

• I think the protection from shaping effects you might want to be able to affect you was a byproduct of the lunars being wyld-tainted and writers not wanting solars to be able to punch the goat out of Ma-Ha-Suchi

All of that is currently on fire and is on it's way into the void so no, we don't need moonsilver tattoo overreach in this edition.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Quick 2.5 question:

there are a number of charms and whatnot that can forcibly de-attune artifact weapons and armor.

are there are rules on someone wearing artifact armor getting that armor de-attuned while they're wearing it? Does it just fall off? Does it become heavy and cumbersome? Does it become fragile? Does it lock up?

like, just 'normal' magical material artifact armor - like super-heavy plate and such

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

• Heavy and cumbersome, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X