X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoops! missed the 2.5E tag

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• I believe that rule is largely unchanged though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
        Heavy and cumbersome, I think.

so... a higher movement penalty? does the soak or hardness still apply?

I always imagined that part of the attuning to magic armor meant using essence to bind the plates and armor parts together, so they move with you supernaturally well - losing attunement would mean the armor would also stop working

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

• I mean, you've still got big plates of magical material getting in the way of people hitting you.

Comment

• Originally posted by webkilla View Post

so... a higher movement penalty? does the soak or hardness still apply?

I always imagined that part of the attuning to magic armor meant using essence to bind the plates and armor parts together, so they move with you supernaturally well - losing attunement would mean the armor would also stop working
            Wearing Artifact Armor without attunement is already covered by the attunement rules. it gives you a -5 penalty to Defense and to all actions.

And yes, soak and hardness still apply, as far as I remember.

Comment

• Which is 3e, but I see no reason not to apply to 2.5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                Which is 3e, but I see no reason not to apply to 2.5.
                Ah, dang, missed that also.

Comment

• Stands to reason. I mean, you're still inside a shell of nigh-indestructible material, even if you can no longer move any better than Ralphie's little brother in A Christmas Story while wearing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MorsRattus View Post
                    Is there anything that the rest of the party besides the ship captain can do during a Sail conflict, anyway?
                    If all the PCs are limited to one ship, they should probably be doing whatever it is that their position on the ship requires of them. The Twilight can reinforce the hull for impact if he's the carpenter, or act as a ship-to-ship weapon with his combat sorcery; the Dawn master of arms can use Immortal Commander's Presence to boost the ballista crew, or lead the marines in hailing arrows down on the other ship; the Zenith can act the part of disciplinarian and use Empowering Shout to boost relevant rolls, or if he's the drummer keeping the rowers' rhythm going, there's Performance Charms he can rock.

​Of course, if the PCs are each the captain of their own vessel, then they are less likely to get dogpiled by penalties from multiple ships, and the Sail Supernal PC can shine with Invincible Admiral Method.

Savvy?
                    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 06-06-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• What Ability does art (i.e. painting, tapestry etc) come under? I'd assume that magnificent calligraphy is Linguistics and sculpture Craft, but what about the other visual arts?

Comment

• I'd just say Craft (Art), to be honest.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
                          I'd assume that magnificent calligraphy is Linguistics
                          ​I can't recall the content, but there was definitely a sidebar in the Solar Linguistics Charms that had something to do with this.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​I can't recall the content, but there was definitely a sidebar in the Solar Linguistics Charms that had something to do with this.
                            Calligraphy itself (beautiful letters) is linguistics according to the sidebar, but I'd say that illuminating a manuscript may fall under craft.

Interestingly, creating a detailed instructional picture is linguistics. IE Ikea manuals would not be craft.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Do Familiars have a default intimacy of loyalty to their master, without the use of Spirit-Tied Pet?

Wisdom of the Ancient Sages (Homebrew sorcerous initiation based on anima) | Expanded spells & charm for Elemental summoning

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFamiliar View Post
                                Do Familiars have a default intimacy of loyalty to their master, without the use of Spirit-Tied Pet?
                                Not guaranteed. Some very well might, others might not. Note the description on Unbreakable Loyalty says it gains a defining tie if the familiar lacks such a tie. The main trick of the power is to then make it so that other forces cannot erode said intimacy.

Comment

Working...
                                X