No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think one can assume that most familiars have some positive intimacy to their masters, because being a familiar probably reflects them having been raised by and lived with their master for a long time.
    I would certainly assume that any Familiar a PC bought at the start of the game has a Major or Defining intimacy of loyalty (might depend on the animal; a dog would probably have a Defining Intimacy, but a tiger might only have Major!).

But using a charm on an animal that makes them a Familiar (or the Twilight anima banner) doesn't automatically give them an intimacy. That's what Spirit-Tied Pet is for.
    So, for example, if you make your bound demon a Familiar with the Twilight anima, then they're already loyal (from being bound). But if you use it on your enemy's bound demon, well you can now summon it to you and so on, but that doesn't suddenly make it loyal to you. Though you can now target it with Spirit-Tied Pet to make it loyal (though that costs 2xp).
    I think. Not 100% sure.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
      But using a charm on an animal that makes them a Familiar (or the Twilight anima banner) doesn't automatically give them an intimacy.
      This is the specific situation I was looking at. It was an unbound elemental and without a default intimacy it is being pissy as fuck about being imprisoned and refusing to do as I say. Just wanted to make sure being a familiar didn't make it ok with me by default. Thanks.

Wisdom of the Ancient Sages (Homebrew sorcerous initiation based on anima) | Expanded spells & charm for Elemental summoning

Comment

• Yeah, I think you'll have to use Spirit-Tied Pet. Or social influence.

Can you make a feat of strength to destroy or lift something as a combat action? Or does that require a charm?

Comment

• Hi there, I have two questions:
          Is it possible to purchase/order the Dragon-Blooded PDF post-kickstarter?

And secondly can martial arts styles with an "empty hand" aspect (like snake and tiger) use their charms with a smash fist/cestus? For a punch and kick theme characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hyper Prime View Post
            Hi there, I have two questions:
            Is it possible to purchase/order the Dragon-Blooded PDF post-kickstarter?

And secondly can martial arts styles with an "empty hand" aspect (like snake and tiger) use their charms with a smash fist/cestus? For a punch and kick theme characters.
            To your first question, there is a pre-order button on the kickstarter page that links to the backerkit with various other purchase features if you're interested in that. Though should you wish to wait it will eventually be available on Drivethrurpg. Still worth checking out the Backerkit one to see if there are any things there that interest you.

I think the second has been asked before, but I'm not sure.

Comment

• Was there an artifact or hearthstone that allowed one to swim through land like it was water?
              I remember there were some that allowed you to walk on water or air but I can't seem to find one that does the above ability.

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                To your first question, there is a pre-order button on the kickstarter page that links to the backerkit with various other purchase features if you're interested in that. Though should you wish to wait it will eventually be available on Drivethrurpg. Still worth checking out the Backerkit one to see if there are any things there that interest you.

I think the second has been asked before, but I'm not sure.

The answer was 'no', because a smashfist isn't unarmed (Its a massive amount of metal on your hand).

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post

The answer was 'no', because a smashfist isn't unarmed (Its a massive amount of metal on your hand).
                  Yeah that sounded right.

Comment

• In 2nd ed, Sidereals could take the forms of:
                    specific humans (using mundane disguise or Disguise of the New Face)
                    unspecific humans (using resplendant destinies)
                    crows/ravens/rooks/etc (using the Feathered Cloak Trick power from the Sign of the Crow)
                    a ghostly, demonic or raksha-esque version of themselves (using Masque of the Uncanny)

Was there anything else they could disguise themselves as? Either by charms, astrology, greater signs or Terrestrial/Celestial sorcery?

Comment

• Also, can you do a Feat of Strength as a combat action (for example, to demolish something) in combat? Or does it need a dramatic action? Do you need a charm to do it as a combat action?

(I thought I already asked this, but I can't find it)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                        Also, can you do a Feat of Strength as a combat action (for example, to demolish something) in combat?
                        I don’t see why not for the ones that don’t specifically say they’re done “slowly,” though it’d be a miscellaneous action and therefore cost you a point of defense.

Comment

• here's a fun thought: (for 2.5)

the celestial water dragon style charm that disrupts ongoing charms on a target - how would that charm work on an alchemical?

I mean, all their 'charms' are constantly being fed essence via their installation cost. Would that charm disable all the charms an alchy has?

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

• Besides Ebon Shadow Style, what styles use fighting chains?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by webkilla View Post
                              here's a fun thought: (for 2.5)

the celestial water dragon style charm that disrupts ongoing charms on a target - how would that charm work on an alchemical?

I mean, all their 'charms' are constantly being fed essence via their installation cost. Would that charm disable all the charms an alchy has?
                              I'd be more concerned with effects that break attunement costs for artifacts, given that the alchemical charms are closer to artifacts than committed charms, after all.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
                                I'd be more concerned with effects that break attunement costs for artifacts, given that the alchemical charms are closer to artifacts than committed charms, after all.

good point - but that's a defensive charm that only works when attacked with artifact weapons, if you go by RAW. I could see that an alchemical fist augmented with an excellency and the megaton-piston hammer punching charm could stand to have those two disabled though...

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

Working...
                                X