No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, I could also see it going the other way and not working at all, because it relies on charms working in a totally different way to how Alchie's ones do.

Comment

• Can someone explain what exactly makes An-Teng's Disenfranchised such, because I really don't understand. Are they just the children born unlawfully (e.g. out of wedlock, as a result of an affair etc)? Criminals? Something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
        Can someone explain what exactly makes An-Teng's Disenfranchised such, because I really don't understand. Are they just the children born unlawfully (e.g. out of wedlock, as a result of an affair etc)? Criminals? Something else?
        Yes, that's it. The misbegotten are tengenese expelled from their extended family for causing various forms of 'disgrace' insufficient to be cleansed by ritual suicide or 'honor' killing. But also the decendents of the expelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyman View Post
          Yes, that's it. The misbegotten are tengenese expelled from their extended family for causing various forms of 'disgrace' insufficient to be cleansed by ritual suicide or 'honor' killing. But also the decendents of the expelled.
          Ah, thanks. I think I got confused with the Realm's disenfranchised.

Comment

• A second question: are there any good martial art styles in 3e intended for use with bows, homebrew or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
              A second question: are there any good martial art styles in 3e intended for use with bows, homebrew or not?
              only wood dragon style so far of the 'cannon' ones

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiikragg View Post

only wood dragon style so far of the 'cannon' ones
                And Wood Dragon still can't be used with ranged attacks, it just lets you treat the bow as a staff for close-combat.

Comment

• When and where was the idea of a garrison and accompanying commander for a satrapy introduced? Ctrl-fing Exalted: The Dragon Blooded shows that the word isn't even used once. I'm trying to beef up on my understanding of satrapial workings for my DB game, and find the finer points somewhat elusive.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
                    When and where was the idea of a garrison and accompanying commander for a satrapy introduced? Ctrl-fing Exalted: The Dragon Blooded shows that the word isn't even used once. I'm trying to beef up on my understanding of satrapial workings for my DB game, and find the finer points somewhat elusive.
                    Blood And Salt mentions imperial garrisons. It does not explicitly tie them together with satrapies, but where else is the Realm going to put them; and where else does it need them?

If you appoint a satrap to administer trade and the collection of tribute, she is going to need some form of military support, and that requires troops to be garrisoned and commanded.

Comment

• Is the pound used to weight silver and jade based on anything or is it purely "in universe"?

there is no 64 pound talent that I have found in any historical measurement sistem that used pounds, minae, obols, even shekels where I looked in The Book that mentions them most

so I couldn't convert it to anything Imperial, Troy or metric or compare them to coins of similar worth when they were at their widest use

Comment

• I don't know, but I don't see any reason to assume it's not a pound as in the imperial measurement.

Although 64 pounds is pretty heavy.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyman View Post
                          Blood And Salt mentions imperial garrisons. It does not explicitly tie them together with satrapies, but where else is the Realm going to put them; and where else does it need them?

If you appoint a satrap to administer trade and the collection of tribute, she is going to need some form of military support, and that requires troops to be garrisoned and commanded.

Yeah, in E: tDB is just says that Satraps manage their own paramilitary forces usually. Does Blood and Salt mention the Garrison Commander being appointed by the Empress and the practice of them being from a separate house from the Satrap, or is that new to this edition? I was also hoping that wherever it was mentioned would shed more light on how they are staffed. When I asked around in the Dev thread, Eric said that the Garrisons and their troops are separate from the Legions.

I checked Scav Sons, but from what I could see, the word Satrap wasn't used at all, and Harborhead and Varang merely had alliances with the Realm. I think it was House of the Bull God where Harborhead having a bit more of a boot on its neck was introduced.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post

Yeah, in E: tDB is just says that Satraps manage their own paramilitary forces usually. Does Blood and Salt mention the Garrison Commander being appointed by the Empress and the practice of them being from a separate house from the Satrap, or is that new to this edition?
                            I'm not sure, but it definitely sounds familiar to me. But I might be confusing it with them having 4 advisors from different houses.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                              I'm not sure, but it definitely sounds familiar to me. But I might be confusing it with them having 4 advisors from different houses.

Oh man, where was that from? I didn't see it in the 1e DB book, which was stop number 1 on my magical mystery tour.

Comment

• Hmmm... 2nd ed I think? I don't remember exactly where.

Comment

Working...
                                X