Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by devaking View Post
    looking for a simple answer to this question:

his Voice of the Night Bird, from the Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style, able to use throw charms since it counts has a thrown weapon for rule purpose?
    Sure. Voice of the Night Bird is a Permanent charm, which grants a weapon with the Thrown tag.

It's kind've a long way to go for not much payoff, since you need Brawl 1, a 4-dot merit and MA 2 just to get there, and you still can't actually combo any Nightingale charms with Thrown ones, but I can't see why it'd be invalid.

If you want to triple-down on the sneakiness of Thrown by not carrying a weapon at all, and wandering the land as a zither-playing assassin? Go ahead.

Comment

• Have they said if Lunars are dissonant with soulsteel/orichalcum/jade/starmetal, or just neutral? I thought they were dissonant, but the playtesters said DBT makes you dissonant, implying you're not normally. But I'm not sure if this has been answered or not.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
        Have they said if Lunars are dissonant with soulsteel/orichalcum/jade/starmetal, or just neutral? I thought they were dissonant, but the playtesters said DBT makes you dissonant, implying you're not normally. But I'm not sure if this has been answered or not.
        Page 17 of Arms of the Chosen states they are Resonant with Moonsilver, and Neutral with all the others.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Duh, should have looked there. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by devaking View Post
            looking for a simple answer to this question:

his Voice of the Night Bird, from the Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style, able to use throw charms since it counts has a thrown weapon for rule purpose?
            I think someone else said yes, but I'm pretty sure the answer is no: it uses Martial Arts and not Thrown, so you can't use Thrown Charms. There is precedent in that I asked the same question about the Burning Name and one of the devs (Vance) said no.

But sexually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ellis View Post
              I think someone else said yes, but I'm pretty sure the answer is no: it uses Martial Arts and not Thrown, so you can't use Thrown Charms. There is precedent in that I asked the same question about the Burning Name and one of the devs (Vance) said no.
              Indeed, it says so, although the relevant line is split over a column break. "A kiai has the traits of a mundane light weapon with the bashing and thrown (short) tags, save she rolls its attacks with Martial Arts (Silver-Voiced Nightingale style) rather than Thrown."

Comment

• Ah, so it does! So no, no combos with Thrown. Or much of anything, really, since "magically potent shouts" aren't form weapons for any other style.

Comment

• I know there's the tongue in cheek "There is no White Veil society" write-ups in the various incarnations of the martial art, but did the group ever get any fleshing out in other books?

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Scion with Shield of Knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                    I know there's the tongue in cheek "There is no White Veil society" write-ups in the various incarnations of the martial art, but did the group ever get any fleshing out in other books?
                    Nope. As far as we know, it may in fact be true that there is no White Veil Society. The fact that there is a White Veil Style and some folks think it was made by the Terrestrial Illuminati doesn't mean it actually was.

It sure doesn't sound like House Iselsi pulling deniable shenanigans!

Comment

• Wow. Now I wonder what conspiracy theorists there are in Creation.

Comment

• I doubt there are all that many, because people don't find the idea that their lives are being secretly manipulated by unseen forces particularly compelling or novel. Most people already accept that.

They're called "gods", and that's why we regularly bribe them.

But if you haven't accepted that there are things way above your pay grade and you should stop worrying about them? There's a lot of stuff to worry about. Just roll on the random conspiracy tables!

SUBJECT:

1: The leader of a Dragonblooded house. Roll 1d12 on the Dragonblooded House Table. 12 is a Heretical Crit - They're all in on it together.
                        2: The Guild
                        3: The nearest neighboring ruler.
                        4: The Scarlet Empress.
                        5: The Emissary.
                        6: The local barbarian leader.
                        7: The Mouth of Peace.
                        8: The Leader of the White Veil Society.

MODIFIER:

1: Serves
                        2: Is controlling
                        3: Is actually
                        4: Is plotting with.
                        5: Is imprisoned by.
                        6: Is having a torrid affair with.

TWIST:

1: The leader of a Dragonblooded house. Roll again. Only reroll matches if you feel like it!
                        2: A demon
                        3: A ghost
                        4: A rogue god.
                        5: A raksha.
                        6: Lunar Anathema.
                        7: An agent of the All-Seeing Eye.
                        8: The leader of the White Veil Society.
                        Last edited by Amayad; 09-15-2018, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• My Night Caste told the other players that there was a secret kind of Exalt you've never heard of, called Sidereals, who secretly control the Realm and the Immaculate Order, and were actually behind the Usurpation (the Dragonblood were the troops, sure, but Sidereals were really behind it). In fact, they even made the Immaculate Philosophy up to convince people to kill Solars, the Immaculate Dragons never actually inspired the texts at all. Also, no-one knows about Sidereals because they have magic that makes everyone forget about them. Except him (and his friends), because he'd discovered the secret. Also, you can't find their base because they live in Heaven. Also, they're behind the alliance between Ahlat and the Realm which is encircling the PCs.

Of course, he was high on hallucinogenic flowers, so everyone dismissed him. They could believe that there were Chosen of the Maidens, but these Sidereals being behind the Realm, Immaculate Order, and the Dragonblood's revolution that overthrew the Solars? That's just ridiculous.
                          Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 09-15-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Excuse me, but is there anyone willing to help me extract out the old demons from the white wolf forums, if its possible? Or at least, send me a link or a guide.

Comment

• Quick one.
                              What happens To an abyssal after it dies? How would another abyssal coming To ils funerals act? Ils trying To pass under the radar To wake a sleeping behemot and kill all mortal in the state. With the purpose of creating a second moving citadel for the mask of winter

Comment

• In 2nd ed, most Abyssals became ghosts, some went into Oblivion (it was a WP roll).

What ability would you use for mining?
                                I was thinking Athletics and a bit of Craft (Construction) or maybe (Engineering)? Not sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X