Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post

It's why it was errata'd out. In 2e the only way really is ti find the Solar's Flaw of Invulrnability and exploit it.
    Ah. So... the only way to deal with a solar that has invested deeply in melee is to either use poison, or a surprise attack?

Comment

• No, in 2e all perfect defenses had a virtue-based situation where they didn't apply.

Comment

• If I have 2 initiative and a Battle Group damages me for 5, do I end up at 0 initiative and 3 damage, or do I end up at -3 initiative and I only get damage on the next attack after I'm crashed?

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
          If I have 2 initiative and a Battle Group damages me for 5, do I end up at 0 initiative and 3 damage, or do I end up at -3 initiative and I only get damage on the next attack after I'm crashed?

The book says "Any damage the battle group inflicts against a target that has fallen into Initiative Crash ... is instead applied directly to the target’s Health Track as bashing or lethal damage". I've interpreted that to mean that any extra damage that would take you below 0 init would be turned into damage instead, because you're in crash immediately when you hit 0 init. So, by that interpretation, you'd be at 0 init and 3 damage. However, I don't know if that's ever been clarified by the devs or anyone, so you might want to ask them.

Comment

• I think I asked Vance before, and he said it just crashes you, and next turn if they hit you again they do damage. Ie they only do regular damage if you're already crashed when they hit you. And I think someone else asked later and got the same answer.

So the Battle Group takes you from 2i to -3i.

But I can't remember when that was, so I might have misremembered.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• This is the answer I just got:

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              I'd think the latter, although the text doesn't strictly preclude either option.
              So I guess "whatever works at your table"

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
              I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Was there ever any description of what the "Herald" , "Messenger" , and other appellations of Yozi souls indicated? Is it a consistent sort of job description, or just a tendency to view the universe through a certain lens?

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

• In 2nd ed, each Third-Circle soul had 7 second-circle sub-souls, and these had titles, like Messenger soul, etc. These did specifically express certain facets of the Third-Circles' themes/personality/etc.
                  I don't remember where it was explained, but I'd guess Scroll of Glorious Divinity 2. If not, then CoCD: Malfeas.

Comment

• Roll of Glorious Divinity II, page 46, briefly talks about the Warden, Indulgent, Defining, Messenger, Expressive, Reflective and Wisdom souls, which embody the Third Circle Demon's abilities to "protect, gratify, define, communicate, express, reflect or understand its own essential nature". It doesn't go much more into it than that, and several souls don't really seem to fit these roles, at least not in any straightforward way. In at least one case, Ligier has his Indulgent soul take up a permanent task of guarding a place that she's not really suited for and resents; this would seem to be a better job for his Warden soul, Sondok! Well, maybe this says something about how conflicted Ligier is about the issue at hand?

At any rate, it's not so hard and fast as it seems, you have a lot of leeway, including just ignoring it if you like!

Comment

• Sounds pretty indulgent to me.

Comment

• Games of Divinity talked on the souls as to having kind of focus, but not having specific titles. It was a bit looser on things:

The demons of the Third Circle, like their superiors, have multiple souls. Typically, a Third Circle demon has seven, defining her ability to protect, gratify, define, communicate, express, reflect and understand her own essential nature. ...
                        So the roles are there, but them needing to have titles and such every time the same isn't. This is more or less all said on them in the book.

And stuff.
                        My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Originally posted by Hand-of-Omega View Post
                          In at least one case, Ligier has his Indulgent soul take up a permanent task of guarding a place that she's not really suited for and resents; this would seem to be a better job for his Warden soul, Sondok! Well, maybe this says something about how conflicted Ligier is about the issue at hand?
                          What, Berengiere?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque
                            So the roles are there, but them needing to have titles and such every time the same isn't. This is more or less all said on them in the book.
                            Um, Games of Divinity absolutely lists those Soul roles as titles in each write-up of all of its Second Circle Demons...Unless you mean something else?

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

What, Berengiere?

Yeah, Ber--Berenstein---Y'know what, I'm just gonna call her "Berniece". Seriously, tho, the text talks about how Ligier commanded her to watch over a slain Fetich's tomb, and how much she hates the job, so much that she gratefully leaps at any summonings as a chance to get away from it. Not sure how that says "indulgent", but I'm willing to learn!

In fact, this issue of demon's souls looks like it's possibly derailing two threads, which means it needs a thread of its own. Look for it, in Exalted forums now!

Comment

• Anyone got some interesting ideas for the totem animal of a Lunar water-sorcerer? Fish are the obvious ones, turtles, octopi, whales. Any unusual or interesting ideas? Or particularly cool, or, more importantly, mythically associated fish?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                                Anyone got some interesting ideas for the totem animal of a Lunar water-sorcerer?
                                Well, one thing to consider would be some of the aquatic arthropods - a water strider, for example, literally walks on water. What could be more magical than that? Or a fisher spider!

Comment

Working...
                                X