No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In this day and age the average Terrestrial exalt can live up to 300 years. Some have lived to 500 without the use of sorcery. The Scarlet Empress is over 700 years old. How old could first age dragon blood live to?

Comment

• About 300, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post
        In this day and age the average Terrestrial exalt can live up to 300 years. Some have lived to 500 without the use of sorcery. The Scarlet Empress is over 700 years old. How old could first age dragon blood live to?
        Given that we've been shown how big and varied Creation is, and how the First Age wasn't just a single uninterrupted period of miraculous advancement, I can only imagine it's varied as much as human longevity has over five thousand years of our history.

Comment

• How locked in are the Neverborn to being near the Mouth of the Void? Are their city tombs immovable? Or could the Mask of Winters bring over Juggernaut to Stygia, raise one of the Neverborn tombs onto Juggernaut and have it march off with a Neverborn on its back?

Comment

How locked in are the Neverborn to being near the Mouth of the Void? Are their city tombs immovable? Or could the Mask of Winters bring over Juggernaut to Stygia, raise one of the Neverborn tombs onto Juggernaut and have it march off with a Neverborn on its back?
            Insofar as the Neverborn can be said to want anything, leaving the Mouth does not appear to be one of those things; they have been there since the Primordials fell, and there has been no indication that they, or anything that might speak for them, actively desire that they be moved.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post

Insofar as the Neverborn can be said to want anything, leaving the Mouth does not appear to be one of those things; they have been there since the Primordials fell, and there has been no indication that they, or anything that might speak for them, actively desire that they be moved.

I don't think that answers my question. My question is not if they the desire to be moved. But rather if they can be moved. Now maybe the ability to be moved is tied into the desire to be moved, but I don't think that is what you are saying.

Comment

• If there's no actual mouth of oblivion in 3e the neverborn might be scattered around the underworld.

Comment

I don't think that answers my question. My question is not if they the desire to be moved. But rather if they can be moved. Now maybe the ability to be moved is tied into the desire to be moved, but I don't think that is what you are saying.
                  At least in 2e, their will was absolute at the Mouth - nothing entered or left save at their wish. If you go with that, then they're not moving unless they want to. And why they'd want to is another matter altogether.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                    If there's no actual mouth of oblivion in 3e the neverborn might be scattered around the underworld.

If that is the case then I cannot wait to run a campaign where a Deathlord decides to try and drag one of the neverborn tombs out into Creation. And then heads for the wyld.

Comment

• There was no Well of the Void until the Neverborn. They create the Underworld from their dreams. Their city-tombs (which are way too big to fit on Juggernaut, and what would it stand on?) create geography, so moving them would reshape the Underworld so that the Mouth is still beneath them.
                      But that's not quite the same as moving them being impossible...

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                        If there's no actual mouth of oblivion in 3e the neverborn might be scattered around the underworld.
                        Ex3 tones down the representation of Neverborn (and Yozi) in text, but does quotes that "(Ghosts) whisper that the Deathlords have sworn themselves to dead gods rotting forever at the heart of a vast Labyrinth which winds beneath the Underworld, at the point where all rivers of oblivion converge." (pg 115.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord
                          If that is the case then I cannot wait to run a campaign where a Deathlord decides to try and drag one of the neverborn tombs out into Creation. And then heads for the wyld.

Yes you can. Absolutely you can.

It's not a game rules thing in the sense of a change that messes up how other things function, and no element of the setting is sacrosanct in the face of what players and Storytellers want to do with it.

I would argue that the default tone of the books themselves shouldn't be written about such grandiose plots, but only along the principle articulated by Lea of "it's easier to scale this stuff up than down". If you've got a fun idea in mind that your group is up for, run with it.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Just making sure this tracks but when two charms double the same value and are used together, the math is (value ×2)×2 rather than value + value + value right?

Comment

• I don't think that's addressed in the rules for 3rd ed, but in 2nd ed, two doubles would be 3x, not 4x.

Are there any particular charms you're thinking of?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• So I’ve been thinking: Sorcerer. Stuck on a small island. Maybe banished. Maybe exiled. Maybe its his homeland. He wants to make it bigger. Make it stronger. Make it have more living space. How do you deal with this? Mass-summoning of earth elementals, so as to drag sediment and soil out of the water, and then solidify it into solid rock, raising new shores onto the island? Some kind of water elemental, transmuting water into earth? Digging into the water, into the ground, to get magma and lava seams, so that they would solidify into solid rock?

Comment

Working...
                                X