Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
    So I’ve been thinking: Sorcerer. Stuck on a small island. Maybe banished. Maybe exiled. Maybe its his homeland.
    The distinction is important; I'd prefer something more tangible. Is this for a game, or just another one of your thought experiments?

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
    He wants to make it bigger. Make it stronger. Make it have more living space. How do you deal with this?
    How small are we talking, here? Can he cut a deal with the volcano-gods to expand the isle from the safety of a Cirrus Skiff, or is it one of those cartoony sandbars with a couple of coconut trees on it?

Comment

• Can you get the Essence 3+ re-buy of Ox-Stunning Blow at Essence 1 if you have Supernal Brawl?

Comment

• Originally posted by MegaZarak View Post
        Can you get the Essence 3+ re-buy of Ox-Stunning Blow at Essence 1 if you have Supernal Brawl?
        High-Essence repurchases are compatible with Supernal, but mind, any calculations in the Charm itself still treat your Essence as 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
          The distinction is important; I'd prefer something more tangible. Is this for a game, or just another one of your thought experiments?

How small are we talking, here? Can he cut a deal with the volcano-gods to expand the isle from the safety of a Cirrus Skiff, or is it one of those cartoony sandbars with a couple of coconut trees on it?
          Thought-experiment.

No. Not cartoony.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpharius View Post
            Just making sure this tracks but when two charms double the same value and are used together, the math is (value ×2)×2 rather than value + value + value right?
            I seem to recall seeing an answer from Robert Vance about something like this which stated that it was only the original value being doubled the second time, so value x3 rather than (value ×2)×2. I haven't been able to track it down, so I've no idea if that was a general rule or just the way two specific charms interact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post

I seem to recall seeing an answer from Robert Vance about something like this which stated that it was only the original value being doubled the second time, so value x3 rather than (value ×2)×2. I haven't been able to track it down, so I've no idea if that was a general rule or just the way two specific charms interact.
              I'll take it to the dev thread then later. Thanks

Comment

• Ok. You get a character. Melee 2. 3 dot Specialty in swords. 5 dots when wielding a blade.

He trains and gets up to melee 3. So.. what happens? Lose 1 dot of specialty? He gets 6 dots in Melee?

Comment

• What?

That's not how specialities work.

Assuming 2e, you'd just roll 6 dice when swording. melee would still be 3 for all other purposes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
                    Ok. You get a character. Melee 2. 3 dot Specialty in swords. 5 dots when wielding a blade.

He trains and gets up to melee 3. So.. what happens? Lose 1 dot of specialty? He gets 6 dots in Melee?
                    Specialties are considered seperate to your trait rating in all 3 editions of Exalted.
                    In 2nd edition you could have up to 3 that stacked allowing for Melee 5 (Swords +3) which would be 8 dice in combat (plus your Dexterity, of course)
                    In 3rd edition specialties no longer stack but aren't limited to 3, so you're only allowed Melee (Swords) for up to 6 dice, but it does mean you could get (Axes) without limiting your full potential with a sword.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                    Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

• Yeah, a specialty doesn't affect your actual dot rating at all; your mastery of just specifically swords won't let you qualify for Melee 5 Charms when your Melee is only 2.

Comment

• Im trying to find the new bemoths form hundred parade. What are their names?

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
                          Im trying to find the new bemoths form hundred parade. What are their names?
                          Just the ones I know specifically referred to as behemoths would be: Mahicara the Volcanic Earth-walker and Mata-Yadh.

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                            Just the ones I know specifically referred to as behemoths would be: Mahicara the Volcanic Earth-walker and Mata-Yadh.
                            Thank you.

Comment

• Ok, I have a question, I want to make a thread, and I kinda need some help articulating the issue.

The thing is, I like the bio-tech and biomechanical nature of Demons of the first circle. Issue is, while they're pretty darned awesome for their power in the bronze-age world of Exalted, sometimes when I compare them to the capability of, say, a sci-fi world like Eclipse phase or star wars, they seem rather.... lackluster in power and versatility. So I'm going to make a thread here, as well as on Rpg.net, about making demons in high sci-fi, as if they were from Heaven's Reach. So what must I watch out for? Or what must I discuss?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
                                Kaiju lunar vs Solar with the devil tower. Is there an advantage of one side vs the other? An vs DB with devil tower?
                                DBs can't pilot Karvara, as it won't accept a pilot without a Limit Track.

Comment

Working...
                                X