No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I hear somebody talk about dropping a heavy thing on a character, I picture cutting the lines holding up construction or shipping equipment while they're standing in the right spot. An attack roll for that just feels a bit silly, when it's about 90% gravity. Even using the rules for siege engines... those projectiles are still not generally very big, and there are conceivable (if unlikely) scenarios in which one one might hit a person at a bum angle and cause minimal damage.

I was thinking of dropping a block like you would build a pyramid with. The kind of thing that would reduce a person to mush. I think that should be kept simple.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Does anyone know where I can find the old Neverborn materials Tobi/Wulf did? Traumas, stories of the Black Nadir Concordat, etc.

Comment

• I'm trying to write an predatory demon that is near impossible for mortals to detect. But not that hard for exalt.

How many dots in stealth should I give it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
          I'm trying to write an predatory demon that is near impossible for mortals to detect. But not that hard for exalt.

Why not give just give it some sort of stealth ability that doesn't work against magical detection methods? You know something like flawless pickpocketing technique except flipped to work on stealth checks.

Comment

I'm trying to write an predatory demon that is near impossible for mortals to detect. But not that hard for exalt.
            You mean like a dematerialized spirit?

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
            3, but give it Charms that improve its stealth attempts.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
              You mean like a dematerialized spirit?

3, but give it Charms that improve its stealth attempts.
              More like an invisible, predatory carpet that lures people to be alone in remote places and then ambushes them.

Comment

More like an invisible, predatory carpet that lures people to be alone in remote places and then ambushes them.
                So, unless no one in your group can interact with dematerialized beings, I think that TheCount's suggestion is a good one.
                Give it a few powers that it can use to lure people while dematerialized. Mortals will have an incredibly hard time finding it, but most Exalts can deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
                  So, unless no one in your group can interact with dematerialized beings, I think that TheCount's suggestion is a good one.
                  Give it a few powers that it can use to lure people while dematerialized. Mortals will have an incredibly hard time finding it, but most Exalts can deal with it.
                  Oh no. Not group. I'm writing a homebrew demon. I love writing them.

Comment

Oh no. Not group. I'm writing a homebrew demon. I love writing them.
                    In that case, yeah, go with some powers the demon can use while dematerialized.

Comment

• Non-brawl/MA grappling (ie: whips), how do they work?

I'm assuming Dex+Melee would be the attack roll and your normal melee damage would be the Savage. What would you use to control the grapple?

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

• Ok. So we've got exalted. And we know that they can pretty much be a super scientist and scholar. So what about in exalted modern, can they create scientific breakthroughs? Can they walk in, look at a lab, then design artificial wombs or nanites?

Comment

Ok. So we've got exalted. And we know that they can pretty much be a super scientist and scholar. So what about in exalted modern, can they create scientific breakthroughs?
                          Exalted Modern is still Creation, just with a modern veneer to it. It still has artifacts and manses and gods and demons, it just also has cell phones and laptops and traffic cameras.

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
                          Can they walk in, look at a lab, then design artificial wombs or nanites?
                          No moreso than in regular Exalted. So maybe as part of a sorcerous working, artifact, or Alchemical Charm, but definitely not as just something mundane.

Comment

Ok. So we've got exalted. And we know that they can pretty much be a super scientist and scholar. So what about in exalted modern, can they create scientific breakthroughs? Can they walk in, look at a lab, then design artificial wombs or nanites?
                            Seems like something that is not beyond the reach of a Twilight Caste, but certainly not at the drop of a hat.
                            I would assume a scientist would have Lore supernal. Depending on how the ST wants to handle things, Occult could also work, as could Craft. Each has systems to model "being smart" as a superpower.

Comment

• We're aware the forums aren't working as they should, and we're working on it.
                              Any idea when it will be repaired? It's still a bit wonky.

Comment

• Seems to me like it'd be best modelled as an artefact.

It's possible for a super-intelligent Exalted scientist-engineer, but a regular mortal isn't really going to feasibly make it.

And developing it is definitely going to take time (the time it takes to make an artefact).

My characters:
                                Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                                Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Working...
                                X