Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand-of-Omega
    replied
    Roll of Glorious Divinity II, page 46, briefly talks about the Warden, Indulgent, Defining, Messenger, Expressive, Reflective and Wisdom souls, which embody the Third Circle Demon's abilities to "protect, gratify, define, communicate, express, reflect or understand its own essential nature". It doesn't go much more into it than that, and several souls don't really seem to fit these roles, at least not in any straightforward way. In at least one case, Ligier has his Indulgent soul take up a permanent task of guarding a place that she's not really suited for and resents; this would seem to be a better job for his Warden soul, Sondok! Well, maybe this says something about how conflicted Ligier is about the issue at hand?

At any rate, it's not so hard and fast as it seems, you have a lot of leeway, including just ignoring it if you like!

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    In 2nd ed, each Third-Circle soul had 7 second-circle sub-souls, and these had titles, like Messenger soul, etc. These did specifically express certain facets of the Third-Circles' themes/personality/etc.
    I don't remember where it was explained, but I'd guess Scroll of Glorious Divinity 2. If not, then CoCD: Malfeas.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Darkstep
    replied
    Was there ever any description of what the "Herald" , "Messenger" , and other appellations of Yozi souls indicated? Is it a consistent sort of job description, or just a tendency to view the universe through a certain lens?

Leave a comment:

• The Unsung Hero
    replied
    This is the answer I just got:

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    I'd think the latter, although the text doesn't strictly preclude either option.
    So I guess "whatever works at your table"

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    I think I asked Vance before, and he said it just crashes you, and next turn if they hit you again they do damage. Ie they only do regular damage if you're already crashed when they hit you. And I think someone else asked later and got the same answer.

So the Battle Group takes you from 2i to -3i.

But I can't remember when that was, so I might have misremembered.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X