No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft 5, Attribute 5, Specialty, full excellency, 1-point stunt, willpower, Flawless Handiwork Method, and Supreme Masterwork focus combine to give around 99.56% chance of success.
    I say around because I calculated as if Flawless Handiwork Method rerolled 1s, not 10s.
    If you only need 1 artifact/story, Bright-Forging Prana better than Supreme Masterwork Focus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Braininthejar View Post
      quick acting poisons do initiative damage in combat, and real damage in crash (usually lethal)

What happens if someone gets bitten by a snake outside of a fight (any situation where stepping on a viper would be considered an environmental hazard)
      Per the devs, you roll Join Battle.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
        F
        Are you happy to just make one/story? Or do you want to make several a story? Also, what's your essence? And how many silver and gold points are on your sheet?
        Essence 3, Yes one per story is more than sufficient as I doubt I’ll find enough magic materials for more anyway. I’m not sure how much xp I got let’s assume it’s sufficient as I done lots of crafting.
        Also thanks to everyone helping as well I’ll make a note of the charms when I get back from work.
        Last edited by Beast of Bitter Oblivion; 03-13-2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• I agree with autXautY. Flawless Handiwork Method+Bright-Forging Prana is your best bet.

Flawless Handiwork isn't very good; you just get an extra dice for each 10 you roll. But it's a prereq.

Then get Bright-Forging Prana, which 1/story lets you count as having 3 other Craft charms for one project.

For those 3, I'd choose Experiential Conjuring of True Void and Supreme Masterwork Focus x2.

Spend 25 motes, 2 wp (one for a charm, one for an auto-success), and 5 gold points. Do a stunt.

Then, on each roll (it's 10 gold points per roll), you'll roll 30 dice with double 8s, with an extra dice for each 10, and +2 successes.

On average, that's 24-ish successes per roll. Take away 4 because it's difficulty 5, that's 20 successes. You need 75 for a daiklaive, so it'll probably take 4 rolls. That'll cost 40 gold points (plus the 5 you originally spent to make the artefact.

Also you'll need 3 weeks working on it, but you only have to work on it for some hours every day, so you can do some other stuff. Ie adventure around a bit while still crafting in the evenings or something.

My characters:
          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Do Lunars currently have a Charm to overcome Miniscule Scale’s damage limitation? I.e. Can you Ant-Man?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
              Do Lunars currently have a Charm to overcome Miniscule Scale’s damage limitation? I.e. Can you Ant-Man?
              There do not appear to be any in the previews. You can Ant-Man with Tyrant Mouse Dominion, but you don't get to have the advantages without the drawbacks. [Against non-Minuscule foes, your withering attack's base damage cannot exceed (Strength) and you cannot deal damage on decisive attacks (only covey afflictions such as poison).]

Now then, Supreme God-Beast Unleashed lets tiny or minusule familiars damage larger creatures with withering attacks and grapple them as though they were the same size. So Ant-Man can have Rover the ant deal ... ah ... hopefully ants will make an appearance in the final product.
              Last edited by Greyman; 03-14-2019, 05:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                Per the devs, you roll Join Battle.

So... if you step on a cobra and get bitten, you just need to cut its head off before you run out of initiative, and you'll be unharmed?

Comment

• No, that would be a decisive attack. You need to do withering to keep your initiative up.

Comment

• So just confirming a thing that popped into my head a while back. General canonical starting year for exalted roughly RY 768. So the Great Contagion would have stopped being a thing mortals had first hand experience with ,as a rule as opposed to anomolies, around 700 years back right?

Comment

• I would say so, yes.
                      Though ghosts who died in the Contagion would last much longer, and might tell people about it.

My characters:
                      Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                      Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Originally posted by Braininthejar View Post

So... if you step on a cobra and get bitten, you just need to cut its head off before you run out of initiative, and you'll be unharmed?
                        I'm actually a little bit unclear; the sidebar in What Fire Has Wrought says that being poisoned outside of combat calls for rolling Join Battle to have an Initiative pool to whittle down, and that's your starting Initiative if a fight starts, but not what happens when it ends.

My instincts say that if you end the fight before the poison's duration elapses, you keep your Initiative, and it's going to keep wearing you down until it either elapses, or you crash and start taking damage.

In that case... well, if fighting an important opponent, ending with a decisive attack can be a bad idea because of the reset to base (which I could square is the increased circulation from battle adrenaline helping it along), but a lone cobra might often be sufficient to be a trivial opponent and thus not need to use Initiative for an attack. Still, you're going to have to wait the poison out, if not apply treatment.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Would it be an interesting and fruitful topic of discussion if I open up a thread on how Exalted would interact with universes like Xeelee or The Culture?

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
                            Would it be an interesting and fruitful topic of discussion if I open up a thread on how Exalted would interact with universes like Xeelee or The Culture?
                            There was already a The Culture vs. Exalted thread some time back.

I don't recall it being particularly fruitful.

Comment

• Arguably, a big thing is that with any crossover, you kind of have to set ground rules with hwo they interact and such. And one issue wiht things like The Culture series is that there's actual debate as to whether like, it works in the context of some views of economics, the ability to plan socieites, and so on. Exalted, especially 3e, draws a lot on views that may well make something like the Culture impossible as written.

So that has to be taken into account. What rules are we even playing by? And due to the nature of crossovers, not everyone can really ever be left satisfied by the compromises made.

Which is why well, such things are yeah, not very fruitful.

And stuff.
                              My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
                                Arguably, a big thing is that with any crossover, you kind of have to set ground rules with hwo they interact and such. And one issue wiht things like The Culture series is that there's actual debate as to whether like, it works in the context of some views of economics, the ability to plan socieites, and so on. Exalted, especially 3e, draws a lot on views that may well make something like the Culture impossible as written.

So that has to be taken into account. What rules are we even playing by? And due to the nature of crossovers, not everyone can really ever be left satisfied by the compromises made.

Which is why well, such things are yeah, not very fruitful.
                                Damn. Ah hell, I already have my thoughts written out. Should I post it, titling it as 'what might happen if Exalted were to meet a sci fi setting'?

Comment

Working...
                                X