Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post

This may be what you mean:
    I pulled that off rpg.net, from here, but I'm reasonably sure I remember the same map being posted here on the Onyx Path forums, I assume by the same person.

Thanks!
    That was the first draft, but that post gave me enough to find the thread, and the followup here-

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...74#post1202674

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

How about if, say, a person swings a sword at you?
      In an action adventure game why would a gun be any different than any other weapon in the ways armor interacts with damage?

And stuff.
      My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

Ah, interesting. Or should I say, annoying.

I've always pictured Crying Women as demons who stood right behind their victims, while immaterial, subtly using their charms to inflame their ambition to new heights. An entire council of ambitious men, all of them destroying their country in their attempts to one up another. All of them have a Crying Woman stalking them, and none of them knew......

This sucks.

Another one. Bullets. Major, or Minor project? Do what is referred to as major or minor project change when in different tech levels?

They CAN affect the material world when dematerialized, but not through touch or such. For example, a Storm Mother could shoot lightning into a material ship and its crew while dematerialized, but she couldn't directly attack them unless she had a Charm that allowed her to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alistair View Post

They CAN affect the material world when dematerialized, but not through touch or such. For example, a Storm Mother could shoot lightning into a material ship and its crew while dematerialized, but she couldn't directly attack them unless she had a Charm that allowed her to.
          Ah. The world has become so much cooler.

Comment

• Why would crying women need to be immaterial to do their work? It’s not like most people recognize one as a demon on sight.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
              Why would crying women need to be immaterial to do their work? It’s not like most people recognize one as a demon on sight.

It's still a subtler way to do things. And, more importantly, explicitly allowed.

Comment

Why would crying women need to be immaterial to do their work? It’s not like most people recognize one as a demon on sight.
                Oh please. They look scary. Burn. And some other shit.

The first thing people will do is shout: "Demon!"

Comment

• I'll be honest, it's a creepy mask that walks on perpetually destroyed-and-generated legs. Even if a courtier or petitioner doesn't recognise exactly what it is, it's clearly a freaky spirit that's not a well known local god, and people will ask questions if you bring it to meetings.

My characters:
                  Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                  Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
                  Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

• "Each chrysogona appears to be a gnarled homunculus of dried or petrified wood between one and two yards long to which is attached a tragedy mask. Extending from the wooden trunk are, on average, 10 stick-like fingers, though the true number fluctuates as the creature moves."

Oh, Yeeaah. That is the kind of permanent guest that causes gossip. Not something you want seen unless you don't mind being associated with the occult (which is as likely as not).

Although in Ex2 there was the Subtle Whisper charm: "Despite all contrary evidence, Chrysogona appear quite trustworthy." Still... that does not disguise their bizarre appearance.

Comment

• Some thing to ask.

Is it overpowered, if I have a demon or servitor that can carry out multiple basic and major projects, at the same time? I'm thinking of writing up a nanite swarm in Exalted, and I'm wondering if its ok to have it be able to build things. And how powerful and how fast it should be.

Comment

Is it overpowered, if I have a demon or servitor that can carry out multiple basic and major projects, at the same time?
                        You can already carry out as many basic and major projects as the ST deems reasonable.

Comment

• Don't you need to use Slots for major projects?

I mean, our group never bothers with them, but then we never do two major projects at the same time (charms mean they're quick enough that it just isn't necessary). But I believe that is their purpose.
                          Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 06-09-2019, 11:11 AM.

My characters:
                          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
                          Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

You can already carry out as many basic and major projects as the ST deems reasonable.
                            Sure thing then.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                              Don't you need to use Slots for major projects?
                              Derp, you're right. Still, considering how easy it is to get an arbitrary number of project slots with Charms, "what the ST deems reasonable" seems to be the smaller number.

Comment

• Yeah, our Twilight had like 13 or something, and he never needed them.

Even the basic thing is three at the same time, and I don't think there's a lot of time when you're doing more than 3 big projects at the same time in any way that makes sense. Certainly I've not seen it come up in games, and never felt my Lunar needs more than her base slots for her crafting. She can craft all day, producing plenty of herbal concoctions and ointments; she just does them one at a time.

Maybe if you're the head smith of a workshop, and various underlings are doing the grunt work under your instruction? Not sure if you could roll or the underlings; maybe it's reasonable to say you can make as many rolls as your slots, and the others are underlings' rolls.

My characters:

Comment

Working...
                                X