No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, often wp is more of a restriction on charm spamming than a "cost" per se.

Also I think health level costs are common enough to go on the list. too.

Comment

• Originally posted by 99wattr89 View Post
      The resources you spend in combat on your charms are, at least usually, motes (m), sorcerous motes (sm), willpower (wp), initiative (i) and anima levels (a).

How do you folks value the various these relative to ordinary motes of Essence?

1wp is about 5m but it's also a limit on how much you can spam it. 1wp would be roughly equal or slightly inferior to 1hl, depending on how deep it would throw you into Wound Penalties and if you have ways to avoid said penalties. 1i is roughly equal to 1m and anima depends wildly on your build; a build that requires you to be at Bonfire to make use of its tricks will mean anima costs have high equivalents, while stealth builds actually BENEFIT from shedding anima. 1 sm is roughly equal to 1m.

Comment

• Which House or Dynast would the best candidate to send a Wyld Hunt after a circle of Solars operating around Whitewall?

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post
          Which House or Dynast would the best candidate to send a Wyld Hunt after a circle of Solars operating around Whitewall?
          Ledaal, maybe Tepet but whenever you want Anathema hunters go for Ledaal

Comment

• Sesus has a lot of northern Satrapies they took over from Tepet.

There's also the forces stationed at the Pinnacle of the Wyld Hunt in Pneuma.

My characters:
            Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
            Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
            Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

• I'm sure Vance said that, in this edition, Lunars can totally have beneficial magic cast on them, for example if they cast Invulnerable Skin of Bronze on themselves (unlike 2nd ed, where Lunar tats blocked all effects that altered their bodies except Lunar charms).

But all I can find in the book is on p.148, where it says "In addition to fixing the Lunar’s Caste, they render her immune to exposure to the Wyld and shaping magic that would alter solely her body, such as a demon’s petrifying gaze or a curse that turns men to swine."

I can't see anything about them only blocking things you don't want. (Or their own Lunar charms, but I think that's pretty obvious.)

I also notice that it says "alter solely her body" which would indicate that it doesn't affect stuff that changes her body and mind.

Is there another section or page that I've missed?

My characters:
              Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
              Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                I'm sure Vance said that, in this edition, Lunars can totally have beneficial magic cast on them, for example if they cast Invulnerable Skin of Bronze on themselves (unlike 2nd ed, where Lunar tats blocked all effects that altered their bodies except Lunar charms).

But all I can find in the book is on p.148, where it says "In addition to fixing the Lunar’s Caste, they render her immune to exposure to the Wyld and shaping magic that would alter solely her body, such as a demon’s petrifying gaze or a curse that turns men to swine."
                It's not as clear in 3e what counts as "shaping magic", but I think the intent is that it's magic that changes you in a fundamental or permanent way, not just anything that changes you at all. So Invulnerable Skin of Bronze wouldn't be shaping magic, and thus the tatoos wouldn't block it. A spell or sorcerous working that permanently changed just your arm to bronze would probably be blocked, however, and likewise one that changed your whole body into something fundamentally different, like transforming you to ice and leaving you vulnerable to melting, for instance.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                  Is there another section or page that I've missed?
                  The lexicon specifies that the tattoos protect a lunar against unwanted magical transformations. So it was clearly the intention, although that "unwanted" adjective is not included elsewhere.

Comment

• What is this Game of Divinity ? I see it mentionned on the forum enough, but there is only brief mention in the core Ex3 book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chausse View Post
                      What is this Game of Divinity ? I see it mentionned on the forum enough, but there is only brief mention in the core Ex3 book.
                      A divine game, in Heaven, that the greatest gods play. Its play is sublime, with every piece movement considered to be one of the most exquisite moments in the world.

No exalts are known to play or witness it, and the mere memory of playing it is enough to bring addiction.

Comment

• It's a game the Primordials used to play when they were relaxing in Heaven, in their Jade Pleasure Dome. It's some kind of utterly transcendant game.

After the Incarnae overthrew the Primordials, they claimed the delights of the Jade Pleasure Dome as part of their reward. The Unconquered Sun, Luna, the Maidens, and occasionally Gaia (and, long ago, Autocthon) play it, and occasionally allow other gods to take a few moves as a reward.

The problem is that, to those who are not Primordials, it's addictive. Once the Unconquered Sun turned his back on Creation (IIRC, shortly before the Usurpation), he retreated to the Dome, and just stayed in there most of the time, depressed and playing an addictive game. With no oversight from the King of Heaven, the Celestial City became corrupt.

My characters:

Comment

• How would you write out a demon's petrifying gaze (inspired by lunar book)?

Comment

• The Cockatrice monster from Hundred Devils Night Parade or the Gorgon Artifact from Arms of the Chosen would probably be able to help you there as they both have petrification mechanics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                              The Cockatrice monster from Hundred Devils Night Parade or the Gorgon Artifact from Arms of the Chosen would probably be able to help you there as they both have petrification mechanics.
                              Cockatrice?

Never heard of hundred devils night parade.

Comment

• They're extra monsters/NPCs released piece-meal which will eventually be condensed into a single book called Hundred Devils Night Parade

Here is the Cockatrice

Comment

Working...
                                X