X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It counts as 5, so no.

My characters:
    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
    Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post

But not Essence 7 effects like Heaven Thunder Hammer's maximum effect, correct?
      Also there is no essence 7 effect. That's referring to successes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
        Also there is no essence 7 effect. That's referring to successes.
        Ah I can see that. Given the charm previously maxed out at 5, and the prior sentence, I assume Essence.

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
        Many Limbed Manual
        Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
        San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
        My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Are there any Charm upgrades or repurchases that require more than Essence 5?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post
            Are there any Charm upgrades or repurchases that require more than Essence 5?
            Yes. Shadow-Crossing Leap Technique has an essence 6+ effect. That seems to be it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
              As I just noted over in the Headcanon thread, a Lunar can always spend 1 mote to "Make her Tell apparent to all onlookers for as long as she desires." The way I read that, the duration is indefinite (and since this isn't a charm, that's not a committed mote or anything), and they can selectively choose which onlookers to stop making their Tell obvious to.
              I just wanted to note, after Epitome asked about this in the Ask the Devs thread (thanks, Epitome!), they clarified that revealing your Tell is an all-or-nothing thing, so this suggestion doesn't work. Lunars can still reveal their Tell to one another, and then look for it later, but they have to make the roll, no making it obvious to each other but not everyone else.

Comment

• Not without a charm, anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                  Not without a charm, anyway.
                  Of course, yeah. Though it's kind of weak as a charm effect by itself, which is why (I imagine) Epitome suggested it as a minor ritual all Lunars can do instead, over in the headcanon thread.

Comment

• Can a wyld zone inside of creation contain a waypoint to the deep wyld?

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post
                      Can a wyld zone inside of creation contain a waypoint to the deep wyld?
                      No. Wyld pockets are isolated wyld zones.

However, they may contain waypoints that are the equivalent of the Deep Wyld.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post
                        Can a wyld zone inside of creation contain a waypoint to the deep wyld?
                        (Assuming 2e here, since 3e hasn't come out with any solid rules on the Wyld yet): I'd say yes, but it would be pretty rare. Mostly, waypoints seem to connect with other waypoints at a similar "level", and you have to travel through several to move "out" or "in". So the waypoints in a Wyld pocket will probably connect to other Bordermarch waypoints, and then you'll have to move through a few of those in order to get to Middlemarch waypoints, and do the same in turn to get to Deep Marches ones. But I do believe that waypoints in Wyld pockets connect to the Wyld at large - that's one of the tricks Lunars use to move around Creation faster, for instance.

Comment

• Had a player pull out Stalking Cat Movement Meditation at game last night, and that charm as written seems extremely vague and kinda ridiculous. It reads to me like that intimidation counts as a successful Intimidate action, but then it's a scene long and would just be constantly pushing the opponents. Was there every any clarification to how exactly this charm works?

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                            Had a player pull out Stalking Cat Movement Meditation at game last night, and that charm as written seems extremely vague and kinda ridiculous. It reads to me like that intimidation counts as a successful Intimidate action, but then it's a scene long and would just be constantly pushing the opponents. Was there every any clarification to how exactly this charm works?
                            It's not a Threaten action. All it does is extend the distance at which opponents need to disengage from the user from close range to short (and apply a minor penalty against surprise attacks). It does not interact with the social system.

Comment

• Originally posted by The MG View Post
                              It's not a Threaten action. All it does is extend the distance at which opponents need to disengage from the user from close range to short (and apply a minor penalty against surprise attacks). It does not interact with the social system.
                              Oooooooh, that makes WAY more sense. Thanks! I saw the "must" and it read like they automatically try to flee.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

• It would obviously take a lot of blood and honey, but would a ritualized version of the Rune of Sweet Passage enacted by several necromancers be a potential way to invert the properties of a section of Traveler's Road so that anyone who dies on that section becomes a ghost instead of going to lethe?

Like if they tried this on a section between the crescent moon statues or an even smaller section?

Comment

Working...
                                X