No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, they meant (essence) mutations of decent value. So maybe about three times that many dots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
      Yeah, they meant (essence) mutations of decent value. So maybe about three times that many dots.
      Yeah, if I ran I would either go with 3x Essence dots of mutations or go with the 1-3 dots takes up one mutation slot, and 4-5 dots takes up two slots option that my ST used. Both tend to equate roughly to the same results. For example, my Survival Supernal Solar started with SBV for his Simhatta familiar, and I used two slots on the full version of wings, and one slot on extra limbs (for extra wings that provide enhanced balance to give the flurry bonus). That would equate to 8 dots which is right around the 9 dots that using 3x Essence dots would allow.

Comment

• Got it, thanks.
        Last edited by JohnDoe244; 09-06-2019, 09:59 AM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
          Can anyone link me to the Simhata statline from the 3E Playtest documents?
          I would if I had it. I and my ST ended up just creating are own stats for one by using a blend of the Great Cat and Horse QCs in the book.

Comment

• Originally posted by ikeulhu View Post

I would if I had it. I and my ST ended up just creating are own stats for one by using a blend of the Great Cat and Horse QCs in the book.
            Yeah that's basically what I was planning on until I got it.

Comment

• With a 4 dot Quickdraw in Thrown, do you think it's legitimate to make the attack first (at -1) THEN flurry the Draw/Ready action?

Likewise, if I have Quickdraw (Thrown) and Flurry a Draw/Ready to get out a Javelin, then I make a Melee attack with that Javelin, then obviously the Melee attack takes the full -3 Flurry Penalty but do I take the defence penalty from Draw/Ready?
              Last edited by JohnDoe244; 09-06-2019, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                I'm not sure I understand the question.
                If you look at a Solar with something that grants essence sight, you see that their Solar essence is bright as the Sun/golden yellow. Lunars are more silver. Dragonblooded are more elemental to their element. What about Sidereals?

Comment

With a 4 dot Quickdraw in Thrown, do you think it's legitimate to make the attack first (at -1) THEN flurry the Draw/Ready action?

Likewise, if I have Quickdraw (Thrown) and Flurry a Draw/Ready to get out a Javelin, then I make a Melee attack with that Javelin, then obviously the Melee attack takes the full -3 Flurry Penalty but do I take the defence penalty from Draw/Ready?
                  I would say it’s both within the spirit and the letter to flurry he attack and a draw in either order. Just as long as you’re drawing the same ability weapon.

For the second you don’t take the defence penalty for drawing, but you do for the flurry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post

If you look at a Solar with something that grants essence sight, you see that their Solar essence…
                    Do you? It’s admittedly been a while, but I thought the main thing Essence sight did was negate penalties to vision from fog, darkness, et cetera.

Comment

• What charms or effects do we mean in this case by "Essence Sight"?

My characters:
                      Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                      Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
                      Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                        What charms or effects do we mean in this case by "Essence Sight"?
                        Essence Sight is a mechanical term defined in Wonders of the Lost Age.

Originally posted by Books of Sorcery Vol 1, Page 85
                        ESSENCE SIGHT

Artifact lenses that provide Essence sight (such as those in suits of dragon armor) convert patterns and flows of Essence into visual data without needing actual illumination. This type of Essence sight can pierce darkness, fog, smoke, precipitation, light underbrush and all other visual obstructions up to solid barriers an inch thick. Objects appear in surreal hues through the lenses, but otherwise appear exactly as they are, meaning there is no loss of sensory information. Only Essence-charged visual obstructions, such as those created with spells or Charms, can obstruct Essence sight, and then only if they do not simply create or summon a mundane phenomenon.
                        So I'm guessing not that.
                        Last edited by JohnDoe244; 09-06-2019, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• I know, but I assumed Uknown Darklord was talking about something more like All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight or Measure the Wind, because as you say, that's something quite different.

My characters:
                          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
                          Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                            I know, but I assumed Uknown Darklord was talking about something more like All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight or Measure the Wind, because as you say, that's something quite different.
                            AESS and MtW don't do that either.
                            Lunars get AESS.
                            Alchemicals get Essence Sight.
                            Sids "hear" Essence.
                            Deebs get nothing.
                            Moutain Folk visors give Essence Sight.

Hellscry Chakra... kinda works like that? I guess.
                            And there's a third eye mutant in The Wyld (IIRC) with three levels that might work like that?

Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post

If you look at a Solar with something that grants essence sight, you see that their Solar essence is bright as the Sun/golden yellow. Lunars are more silver. Dragonblooded are more elemental to their element. What about Sidereals?
                            My guess is Sid Essence looks like a stary sky. Or a rainbow. I like the idea of a shimmering rainbow.
                            Last edited by JohnDoe244; 09-06-2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

With a 4 dot Quickdraw in Thrown, do you think it's legitimate to make the attack first (at -1) THEN flurry the Draw/Ready action?

The gist I get with Thrown weapons as a note is that a "set" of them is one weapon. Rather than trying to throw every single javelin, you probably have put them in a quiver or something to let you readily use each one as you do, and the Draw/Ready action is more for like if you wanted to unsheath the throwing knives on your belt after having opened up the latch or shifted your javelin bundle to be more usable.

And stuff.
                              My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

AESS and MtW don't do that either.
                                Lunars get AESS.
                                Alchemicals get Essence Sight.
                                Sids "hear" Essence.
                                Deebs get nothing.
                                Moutain Folk visors give Essence Sight.

Hellscry Chakra... kinda works like that? I guess.
                                And there's a third eye mutant in The Wyld (IIRC) with three levels that might work like that?

My guess is Sid Essence looks like a stary sky. Or a rainbow. I like the idea of a shimmering rainbow.
                                Which edition matters, as always. All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight in 3e actually doens't reveal Exalted nature. It detects sorcery, the use of Evocations, presence of dematerialized spirits, boundries to supernatural areas like shadowlands or spirit sanctums and so on. Burning Eye of the Deliverer helps the Solar pierce magical disguises, but doesn't in itself reveal Exalted nature as I gather. Sorcerer's Burning Chakra helps the Exalt determine the nature of spirits, and Spirit-Drawing Oculus is what lets the Solar see Charms in more detail. But notably they don't have a "Glance at guy, read aura like they were vampire with Auspice" with other Exalts.

Scent of Midnight Dweomers seems to be basically All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight with a bit harder mechanics, but with smell instead of sight, and seems more focused on geomancy than it is on Evocations. They can also track magic, light things up, find flaws in a person. But again no real "see Exalt as Exalt" aura thing.

In any case, Sidereal animas probably hint at things. Probably not as bright, but much more vibrantly colored since they often base on primary colors plus yellow and violet. THere is also likely starlight, sparkles, prismatic, or rainbow sheen stuff. Audibly it probably has the sound of thousands of small objects ala stardust, and scentwise I kind of see it being very mcuh depending on what aspect of Fate is at work, dust of the road, the sea, perfumes, battlefield smoke, dusty libraries, or graveyards, along with many other things. But be in mind that these are probably things Exalts in general in 3e don't seem to do much with. Human be human more or less.

And stuff.
                                My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

Working...
                                X