Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Eric.

Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post
    Does the Realm or any nation in the west have manses built in/on the ocean? A sort of floating station similar to an oil rig maybe?
    Not canonically, but with all those water demesnes, I don't see why not.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• In the modern world, we know what causes aging. Or at the very least, the extracellular damage. Tellomeres shortening. The cartilage and collagen, slowly wearing away and not being properly replaced. Cancer. Osteoarthritis. Weakening and thinning of skin.

So here's the question. If a Solar can regenerate limbs, heal damaged tissues, and repair crippling injuries... does that mean that he could improve quality of life for an elderly patient?

Comment

• Yes, with the right techniques I'd say so.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
          Yes, with the right techniques I'd say so.
          What do you think should be the maximum age limit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

What do you think should be the maximum age limit?

Immortality with strings attached is a thing, only non conditional immortality is vetoed.

So the sky is the limit, as long as there is a process involved with time and resources costs you deem appropriate to your chronicle.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post

Immortality with strings attached is a thing, only non conditional immortality is vetoed.

So the sky is the limit, as long as there is a process involved with time and resources costs you deem appropriate to your chronicle.
              How about 'Can undo the physical damage and deterioration from aging, but you need a solar exalted to do it. Or at least, it is very expensive'.

Because on one hand, we know what aging does. I'm sure as hell a solar that can repair broken bones, destroyed limbs, and missing organs can regenerate lost cartilage and remove the cancer and boost the ailing heart and organs.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if I want to make 'can return you to your youth' an easy thing.

Comment

• How experienced do you think the average low-level Dragonblood officer is? How about mid-ranked?

I'm thinking, as a rough rule of thumb, Essence 4 for the general, 3 for the 10 Dragonlords, 2 or 3 for their winglords, and 2 for the other Dragonblood officers. No Essence 1s, as they won't have got a job in the Legions yet)
                Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 09-10-2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                  I'm thinking, as a rough rule of thumb, Essence 4 for the general, 3 for the 10 Dragonlords, 2 or 3 for their winglords, and 2 for the other Dragonblood officers. Essence 1s, as they won't have got a job in the Legions yet)
                  That sounds about right to me. Exceptional circumstances might get an Essence 1 DB appointed as an officer (either a crazy prodigy who managed to graduate in record time, or someone who Exalted very late, after already undergoing a substantial amount of education, and thus being qualified for officer status without having the time to cultivate their Essence). But, by and large, what you've got sounds good. There are probably a few Essence 5 generals out there, but they're definitely the exception.

Comment

• Yeah, that sounds right, and that´s what I use in my current Legion Chronicle. The Dragonlord is Essence 3, the other officers are Essence 2. We don´t have an on-screen General, because they are a Dragon destined to a border, unimportant satrapy to avoid barbarians crossing Fluffy Pass and raiding more important satrapies south of the mountains, but the General, if she ever appears, would surely be Essence 4, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
                      How about 'Can undo the physical damage and deterioration from aging, but you need a solar exalted to do it. Or at least, it is very expensive'.

Because on one hand, we know what aging does. I'm sure as hell a solar that can repair broken bones, destroyed limbs, and missing organs can regenerate lost cartilage and remove the cancer and boost the ailing heart and organs.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if I want to make 'can return you to your youth' an easy thing.
                      Solars had "return a mortal to the prime of youth" as a Charm in 2E. (As did Spirits.)

(I don't think it's beyond the scope of a Working either.)

What I would do is make it harder to undo the damage as time goes on. Reach your 126th birthday? Sure. 150th? Getting tricky. 200th? Daily treatment territory. 1,000th? Even with Solar Medicine that's probably not going to happen.

I'd look at Age Staving Cordial and modern medicine (we can give you a knee replacement, but that'll need replacing in ten years with a bigger replacement; we can cut the cancer out but it might grow back) then go from there.

Certainly life can be extended and quality of life improved by medicine.

Don't forget the Immaculate Philosophy frowns on mortals unnaturally extending their lifespans.
                      Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                      How experienced do you think the average low-level Dragonblood officer is? How about mid-ranked?

I'm thinking, as a rough rule of thumb, Essence 4 for the general, 3 for the 10 Dragonlords, 2 or 3 for their winglords, and 2 for the other Dragonblood officers. Essence 1s, as they won't have got a job in the Legions yet)
                      Exactly the numbers I use.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
                        There are probably a few Essence 5 generals out there, but they're definitely the exception.
                        That was my thought. Maybe a few legions might have one, but not most. By the time they've reached Essence 5 (which most DBs never reach), they've probably retired.

Comment

• Do penalties apply directly for défense when they are not from an injury ? For example, does fighting blind (example given in the Core Book in the penalty to rolls chapter) give you -3 attack and defense ? Or is the malus a little less substantial to defense ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chausse View Post
                            Do penalties apply directly for défense when they are not from an injury ? For example, does fighting blind (example given in the Core Book in the penalty to rolls chapter) give you -3 attack and defense ? Or is the malus a little less substantial to defense ?
                            I think they generally apply to the static value.
                            Originally posted by Corebook page 188
                            Bonuses and penalties also occasionally affect a character’s static values. In these situations, the static value is simply raised or lowered by the amount specified.
                            Being Blind knocks 3 off your Parry.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Actually the developer said:
                              Originally posted by Therian
                              How does defense interact with blindness? If a character is rendered blind through a charm like Blinding Spark Distraction would their defense calculation be adjusted for the penalty? Or is that only to rolled actions?
                              Originally posted by Robert Vance
                              It doesn't penalize static values like your Defense.
                              I don't know why, it seems odd. Maybe it's a genre thing.
                              Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 09-11-2019, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chausse View Post
                                Do penalties apply directly for defense when they are not from an injury ?
                                There are many situations which apply penalties to defence; such as being subject to a surprise attack, taking a draw/ready action, being grappled, being hit by temporary physically crippling techniques, suffering from wounds, onslaught, blindness, dizziness, using artefact armour without attunement, ...

NB: The On Fivefold Bulwark Stance bluebox states that the Charms benefit of ignoring certain penalties to Parry Defence, does not apply to attacks that cripple the senses, such as blindness or dizziness. (Pg 349)
                                Last edited by Greyman; 09-11-2019, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X