No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Hundred Rivers is...really good. I'd definitely peg him as a 3-dot familiar. If I were to guess I'd go with Elfive, it's probably because while the familiar is awesome, it doesn't actually change how you use it if you had just a riding tiger or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by HighPriest View Post

Right, thanks! That's what I thought but couldn't find a source until you brought up desalination - remarkable how easy it is to search through PDFs for what you want with that sort of word.

Somewhat related question - does anyone know of a map of Creation out there that adds the new 3e locations to the 2e and 1e ones?
      The river as a note was a North-to-South one in 1e as well. It's talked about some in the original Scavenger Sons.

On the second point, probably not. The topology of Creation has changed such so that even some fo the older locations aren't where they use to be (pretty much everything North of the White Sea is completley rejiggered). I tend to think of the world of 3e Creation as kind of a reboot more than an add-on, so consider that a bit when looking at how the map interacts with material and such.

And stuff.
      My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• What Might does a Hobgoblin Battlegroup have? Is it 1 or 2?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aranfan View Post
          What Might does a Hobgoblin Battlegroup have? Is it 1 or 2?

1. Minor Fae such as them have Might 1, akin to beastfolk or godblooded, while BGs of spirits and raksha like Cataphracts or Loreleis would have Might 2

Comment

• When celestial sorcerous workings say 'the size of a city' what on earth do they mean? Do they mean cities like today, or cities in the bronze age. Because there's a hell of a difference in the size of a city like Ancient Athens, and Singapore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
              When celestial sorcerous workings say 'the size of a city' what on earth do they mean? Do they mean cities like today, or cities in the bronze age. Because there's a hell of a difference in the size of a city like Ancient Athens, and Singapore.
              They're not going to be for cities that don't exist in the setting, at a start.

I think you're safe assuming that it'll cover something in a range of sizes that will cover most cities in the Time of Tumult, with the possible exceptions of the very largest metropoli such as the Imperial City or Nexus.

I'm inclined to think they wouldn't be large enough to cover the very biggest cities that ever existed in the setting, such as Chiaroscuro at its height. I think it's meant to be an easy guideline rather than an in-character designation; that actual sorcerer characters have more precise measurements.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Yeah, some ancient cities like Rome were remarkably large, and Creation is a fantastical setting that may have slightly more grand cities than you’d expect, but I agree with Isator that the workings probably won’t cover an area that size. It might also depend on context of the working. If you’re conjuring a working for a relatively mild effect, or one that is naturally really large like a storm, it might be bigger than the circle normally allows, but if you want a working to encompass all of the sprawling behemoth that is Nexus that’s probably beyond the scope.

Comment

• Is there an official word on what broke the Jade Prison in 3e?
                  Last edited by Grod_the_giant; 10-18-2019, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grod_the_giant View Post
                    Is there an official word on what broke the Jade Prison in 3e?

Not yet, though I believe it has been said that it will be touched on in later books, probably a splat like Sidereals or Abyssals or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grod_the_giant View Post
                      Is there an official word on what broke the Jade Prison in 3e?

It is entirely possible in 3e that the jade prison was never broken, that the Sun just started making more solars.

But that would mean some stuff with Abyssals and Infernals would need to change, so probably the same "Deathlords and Yozi teamed up" as last time.

Comment

• Birdsong Over Blades (p. 306 in the DB book) can secretly convey deleterious Charm effects as long as they don't directly enhance the damage roll.

Thieves Fall Out (p. 422 in the compiled Lunars manuscript) forces two enemies to get in each other's way, such that the stylist starts gaining Initiative from each of them on their turns as long as they remain within close range of each other.

Does this mean that a martial artist who has actually learned both White Veil and Laughing Monster (a truly splendid asshole) could tag two people with this combo during a party or something, so that the martial artist starts stealing Initiative away from the two victims while no one else knows there's any kind of danger?

It feels like an abuse of the game mechanics, but it's not that hard to describe a scenario where it at least sort of makes sense: perhaps the martial artist is planning to assassinate one or both of this duo, so he sets them to arguing early in the party to make sure they're good and distracted when he finally makes his move. And the sidebar for Poison Outside of Combat means that there is precedent for having someone roll Join Battle if he happens to need Initiative despite not knowing he's in a fight.

So, is this idea doable?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
                          Birdsong Over Blades (p. 306 in the DB book) can secretly convey deleterious Charm effects as long as they don't directly enhance the damage roll.

Thieves Fall Out (p. 422 in the compiled Lunars manuscript) forces two enemies to get in each other's way, such that the stylist starts gaining Initiative from each of them on their turns as long as they remain within close range of each other.

Does this mean that a martial artist who has actually learned both White Veil and Laughing Monster (a truly splendid asshole) could tag two people with this combo during a party or something, so that the martial artist starts stealing Initiative away from the two victims while no one else knows there's any kind of danger?

So, is this idea doable?
                          I'd say yes, with the caveat that while no one else in the party might know a fight was happening, the victims definitely would (though they could certainly fail to recognize who was attacking them).

Originally posted by Jefepato
                          And the sidebar for Poison Outside of Combat means that there is precedent for having someone roll Join Battle if he happens to need Initiative despite not knowing he's in a fight.
                          I'd argue that the Poison Outside of Combat sidebar doesn't suggest that the poisoned person doesn't know she's been poisoned, just that she doesn't know who the poisoner is, necessarily. I would pretty much always run it so that someone who had to roll initiative due to poison was aware that something was wrong. I think that's pretty reasonable anyway - a poison fast-acting enough to kill you in seconds is probably going to have pretty noticeable symptoms. And it's better from a story perspective, anyway, I feel. Any character significant enough to roll initiative for upon being poisoned is significant enough to have a chance to react in some way.

Comment

• Few questions about performance :

How do you handle changing emotions of a group ? Say for example someone made an act to inspire fear in a group of people and just afterwards someone try to inspire them hope. Do you use overturning influence rules (I think it's the name for the +3 resolve if you've been convinced) ? Do you erase the past emotion inspired with the new roll ? Do the 2 coexist together ?

Also what kind of "prerequisite" do you expect of someone trying to do a Performance group roll in the first place ? I often have a player staying he does and speech and stuff upon arriving somewhere but most of the times it's not the time nor the place, or people wouldn't listen to him because he it's not appropriate, etc ... but I happen to have a hard time communicating about this to the player and fixing him clear goals and conditions he must met in order to do a speech/danse/whatever that has the consequences he is looking for

Comment

• I'd use overturning influence.

And without Charms like Respect Commanding Attitude, people are not going to sit and listen to some random stranger's performance.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• To be fair, that's gonna depend on the context. If there was a public announcement from a Dragon-Blooded or royalty or a Guild factor that one of the most talented musicians she'd found in her travels would be performing there that day, I expect some people would in fact sit and listen to this random stranger's performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X