Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
    Giving someone shaping defenses?
    Yes, giving the Casteless Lunar both a shaping defense and a caste.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
      I do wonder if a casteless lunar who knew how to apply tattoos could talk a non-lunar through applying them to themselves.
      I suppose that depends on whether or not one thinks that the important part is the actual pattern of the moonsilver ink (which this Edition has rendered more laissez-faire), or even has an underlying mystical element that the Lunars merely guard as proprietary, or if it's a holistic process in which every component is necessary and one of the key ones is the fellowship evoked by one Lunar guiding the initiation of another.

Whether or not one thinks the First Age Castes were the start or replacements for some War of the Gods Castes, a key incident provided in the backstory was that the conflict with the Solars actually brought the Lunars together for the first time. That being the foundation for the contemporary Silver Pact. It seems to me that a major element of the Castes is not merely that Lunars created them, but that they are sharing them. It's bringing the newbie into their larger world.

So you can't just do it to yourself, even with a proxy. I would propose that lacking tattoos is itself an obstacle to properly understanding the process anyway.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Well, presumably some Lunars worked it out originally despite not having them. I can see the value on keeping this as Lunar proprietary magic, of course.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crop Weaver View Post
          Favour Conferring Prana : Are the motes commited ?

Empowering Shout : if presence if supernal, does the Essence 4+ apply whichever Essence the character has ?
          Yes to both.

The rules for committed motes are on page 254.
          The rules for Supernals applying to Charm upgrades are on page 122. The definition of a Charm upgrade (the Essence 4+ effect) is on page 255.

Note that the motes for Empowering Shout are NOT committed.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by autXautY View Post
            Can you make a temporary major project slot for a project if you have spare slots?

In particular, could you make a temporary major project slot to fuse into a superior slot, so that you have a permanent slot free for any major projects you start in the interim, rather than have to create a new temporary slot for every major project you want to try while working on a superior project?
            No. The rules wording on page 240 is very clear: you can only make a new project slot if your extant slots are filled.

I'd house rule this to a "yes" though. Otherwise, nothing is stopping you from starting a major project to fill a slot, then buying a new slot to bundle into your superior project, then using Craftsman Needs No Tools to finish the major project. It's not even particularly twinky to do that because the game is always encouraging you to use Crafting to solve your problems -- I'm sure you can think up a major project that your character will genuinely want to complete whilst you build your artifact.

Comment

• Is Ma-Ha-Suchi's lack of sorcery an intentional 3E change, a statement of theme for his QC write-up, or an oversight do we think?

Comment

• He does not really strike me as a sorcerer. I think his description in Fangs at the Gate is focused on him as warrior and leader.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• I didn't even remember that he was a sorcerer in 2nd ed.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                    I didn't even remember that he was a sorcerer in 2nd ed.
                    Heh. My mistake. He was a Necromancer in 2E.

Comment

• Yeah, the skull sentries thing, I get it in its original context, but it's far from integral.

Comment

• My guess is that sorcery/necromancy were a more casual thing that it was assumed a lot of high-xp characters would pick up. Whereas in 3rd ed it is supposed to be more character-defining. And so, as it wasn't a significant part of his character, it was cut.

Comment

• He also lost his Direlance Corpse Drill.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                          Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

• Are the Hundred Kingdoms north of Vaneha, in that big plain? Or are they south? Where are they, exactly?

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                            Many Limbed Manual
                            Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                            San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                            My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                              Are the Hundred Kingdoms north of Vaneha, in that big plain? Or are they south? Where are they, exactly?
                              I think Hundred Kingdoms basically designates everything between the River Province and the forest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                                Are the Hundred Kingdoms north of Vaneha, in that big plain? Or are they south? Where are they, exactly?
                                I've placed the Hundred Kingdoms here for my Hundred Kingdoms campaign, based on this map of a previous edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X