Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
    There's a community of dragon blooded up there.

Dragon blooded do not have a 100% exaltation rate.

Ergo, yes. There are mortals living in Yu Shan.
    Which book is that in?

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
      Which book is that in?
      Dragon Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought. Page 126:
      Heaven's Dragons: When the Exalted threw down the enemies of the gods from their thrones in Heaven, not all returned to Creation. A small population of mortals and Dragon-Blooded, in the service of gods forgotten or absent, live on the periphery of Yu-Shan to this day. Dwelling in tight-knit extended families within tenements carved from subdivided palaces or divine slums teeming with unemployed gods, a few rise to prominence as freelance agents of Heaven, gaining employment in the celestial bureaucracy or carrying out the agendas of a divine patron. Some fall afoul of Heaven’s law, and are exiled to Creation, where they bitterly plot their return.

Comment

• To piggyback a bit on Heaven's Dragons, my guess is the community of mortals and DBs living there are probably afforded more legal rights and generally treated better than those were in previous editions.

And stuff.
        My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• That wouldn't be hard, as 2nd ed had DBs in Heaven considered lower than mortals; absolutely a good way of dealing with people connected to the world's largest and most powerful source of prayers, with a thousand trained god-fighters, as well as being the allies of the people running most of one of Heaven's main Bureaus.

I play...
          Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
          Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

• Suppose I am a lunar with Unchained Monster Death-Rage. How do I lose a fight?

Of course, I can be put in a cage or my opponents can flee and leave me dying, Putting aside similar scenarios, can I loose a fight where already put in that state?

I understand that the intended use is mostly that you don't loose your literally last battle which is cool from the narrative perspective, but the charm seems rather prone to some shenanigans, where I intentionally incapacitate myself early on (say, by setting a fire around in the middle of the fight), then fight in the "immortal mode", and use some regeneration while doing this. Then you are no more incapacitated (RAW you cannot put yourself in the negative range of health levels), but nothing in the text indicates that you need to stay incapacitated for this charm to remain active.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanic View Post
              Suppose I am a lunar with Unchained Monster Death-Rage. How do I lose a fight?

Of course, I can be put in a cage or my opponents can flee and leave me dying, Putting aside similar scenarios, can I loose a fight where already put in that state?

I understand that the intended use is mostly that you don't loose your literally last battle which is cool from the narrative perspective, but the charm seems rather prone to some shenanigans, where I intentionally incapacitate myself early on (say, by setting a fire around in the middle of the fight), then fight in the "immortal mode", and use some regeneration while doing this. Then you are no more incapacitated (RAW you cannot put yourself in the negative range of health levels), but nothing in the text indicates that you need to stay incapacitated for this charm to remain active.
              My reading is as follows:

You need to have RLF active.
              You need to be struck by a fatal blow.

So setting yourself on fire isn't going to cut it.

The Charm renders you immune to decisive damage. So arguably Environmental Hazards and Poison should by-pass it (but not Falling).

Enraged Ratel Persistence is a prerequisite, but unless it's active you can be talked down.

Ending RLF early ends your immunity AND Crashes you.

Grapple/Engage/Restrain.

Generally just construct the fight so you can't win by standing still and tanking everyone who comes at you.

But, yeah, it's an Essence 5 Charm. It's supposed to rock. Charms like this are how the Exalted managed to defeat the Enemies of The Gods.

Comment

• If I'm in the Form from one style (say, Snake Style), could I attack and use a Charm from another style (say, Tiger)? Assuming weapons and armor match.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grod_the_giant View Post
                  If I'm in the Form from one style (say, Snake Style), could I attack and use a Charm from another style (say, Tiger)? Assuming weapons and armor match.
                  Yes. See also "Mixing Styles" page 427 and "Martial Arts and Other Abilities" page 426.

Comment

• For my upcoming Lunar-focused game, I have a player who wants to be able to communicate telepathically. As far as Charms are concerned, the best I think he could do is highly communicative body-language. Any recommendations in the form of hearthstones, sorcery or artifacts?

Comment

• Suppose a Lunar uses Moon-in-Well Emanation to turn her reflection into a god, and then devours it to use God-Body Consumption.

Would this accomplish anything other than demonstrating that there is something seriously wrong with the Lunar in question? MiWE doesn't say anything about whether the reflection's Charms might have the Eclipse keyword.

It seems a little cheesy to generate your own spirit and then immediately nom it for power, but on the other hand, devouring your own reflection sounds like the kind of creepy eldritch shit that a scary witch might do...

Comment

• Originally posted by Reminiscent Oasis View Post
                        For my upcoming Lunar-focused game, I have a player who wants to be able to communicate telepathically. As far as Charms are concerned, the best I think he could do is highly communicative body-language. Any recommendations in the form of hearthstones, sorcery or artifacts?
                        Use a Celestial 2 Working to implant a telepathy gland in his brain?

Comment

For my upcoming Lunar-focused game, I have a player who wants to be able to communicate telepathically. As far as Charms are concerned, the best I think he could do is highly communicative body-language. Any recommendations in the form of hearthstones, sorcery or artifacts?
                          Can you be more specific? Is it like telepathy to anyone at any time, people they can see, people they've formed a bond with? Some of those effects might be higher essence than others, or even outside Lunar themes.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

Can you be more specific? Is it like telepathy to anyone at any time, people they can see, people they've formed a bond with? Some of those effects might be higher essence than others, or even outside Lunar themes.
                            My understanding of what he wants is to at least communicate to people visible to him, basically replacing normal communication. But if we go with the hearthstone or artifact route, then I could see evocations that upgrade the ability.

I'd agree with you that it seems out of theme for Lunars, so Charms are likely out of the question here. Moonsilver artifacts might be out of the question too, though it could fit in with the "subtle and insidious" qualities of the metal.

Comment

My understanding of what he wants is to at least communicate to people visible to him, basically replacing normal communication. But if we go with the hearthstone or artifact route, then I could see evocations that upgrade the ability.

I'd agree with you that it seems out of theme for Lunars, so Charms are likely out of the question here. Moonsilver artifacts might be out of the question too, though it could fit in with the "subtle and insidious" qualities of the metal.
                              Yeah, if it was like a Professor Xavier style ability to touch your temple and reach out to contact somebody that you know of but haven't even necessarily met and who's half a continent away then that's probably the territory of an elder charm or something if even that. Even if we're just saying replacing normal communication, it's not really a Lunar thing to be able to link minds like that.

A hearthstone though makes a lot of sense, so much so that I don't know if it wasn't one in previous editions. It probably fits as a permanent effect that they can cast their voice mentally as far as they could normally speak as a lesser hearthstone, with evocations if you want adding more. If you want it to go crazy adding like psychic attacks, defenses and stuff like that it might be better to model it in artifact form.

Comment

• Reminiscent Oasis This felt relevant to the current topic.
                                Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 01-20-2020, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X