Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Braininthejar View Post
    Is there any way to ask the authors what they meant? there is an 'ask the devs' topic up there but I don't know if it works like that.
    There is, I asked about this on it, lets see what he says. And for future reference, you can ask there if you want.

    Just remember that the Devs answer there on their own free time, so they are not under any obligation to answer to your satisfaction, or even answer at all.

    Comment


    • Does a Dragon Blooded with Shaping Hand style enhanced Stone Carving Fingers need a separate use to Grind grain, mix dough, and bake bread?

      or think theyd all qualify as part of the same process?


      Comment


      • Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
        Does a Dragon Blooded with Shaping Hand style enhanced Stone Carving Fingers need a separate use to Grind grain, mix dough, and bake bread?

        or think theyd all qualify as part of the same process?
        They're all a part of the same process unless you're like, mass producing flour for sale and then afterwards using some of the leftovers to make bread or something.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Braininthejar View Post
          Is there any way to ask the authors what they meant? there is an 'ask the devs' topic up there but I don't know if it works like that.

          Hey Brain, Vance answered on the Dev thread and my first interpretation was correct.

          It adds to the damage, not the attack roll.

          So it is still not great, but the intent is that you dish out the most damage you can while you have that unblockable/undodgeable advantage.

          I would rather have it be optional, but RAW, these are the breaks.

          Comment


          • Edit: Found answer, ignore.
            Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 10-30-2020, 05:28 AM.


            STing Bronze Age Exalted

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
              Does a Dragon Blooded with Shaping Hand style enhanced Stone Carving Fingers need a separate use to Grind grain, mix dough, and bake bread?

              or think theyd all qualify as part of the same process?

              I have a vague sensibility that says flour is an end product separate from bread (dough is only an intermediary stage), but it's such a low-stakes thing that I would curb that feeling and just let appropriate magic cover the whole process of grain to bread.


              I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

              Comment


              • Nothing but Shadows. - Does the hiding bonus work on one opponent, or all opponents with lower initiative, or do you have to pay for each one separately?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post


                  Hey Brain, Vance answered on the Dev thread and my first interpretation was correct.

                  It adds to the damage, not the attack roll.

                  So it is still not great, but the intent is that you dish out the most damage you can while you have that unblockable/undodgeable advantage.

                  I would rather have it be optional, but RAW, these are the breaks.

                  Makes sense - it's a capstone ability, so the idea is for it to be a fight ender. So, does it add damage dice or damage successes?

                  Comment


                  • Looks like I'll be asking more questions about martial arts. Ebon Shadow Form - does the character gain the initiative point his enemy loses?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Braininthejar View Post
                      Looks like I'll be asking more questions about martial arts. Ebon Shadow Form - does the character gain the initiative point his enemy loses?
                      No, any initiative points lost due to a charm effect aren’t awarded to the character unless they specifically say so.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Braininthejar View Post


                        Makes sense - it's a capstone ability, so the idea is for it to be a fight ender. So, does it add damage dice or damage successes?
                        Since it says it adds to the pool, I believe it adds dice, not successes.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Braininthejar View Post
                          Nothing but Shadows. - Does the hiding bonus work on one opponent, or all opponents with lower initiative, or do you have to pay for each one separately?

                          "When the martial artist takes a Stealth action in combat, she may use Nothing But Shadows to apply a penalty equal to (higher of 3 or her Essence) to the opposed roll of any enemy with a lower Initiative than her, to a maximum of -5."

                          Stealth in combat is your roll opposed by any opponent who is there. So the Charm, with one use, affects all adversaries (with a lower Initiative) opposing your attempt.

                          Comment


                          • Why does dragon Soul Emergance give only one superior slot but GodForge within gives 2 legendary slots? Doesnt feel right.


                            with legendary slots being a lot more valuable in particular.


                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                              Why does dragon Soul Emergance give only one superior slot but GodForge within gives 2 legendary slots? Doesnt feel right.


                              with legendary slots being a lot more valuable in particular.
                              Probably because one is Essence 2 and the other Essence 4.

                              Comment


                              • How well do you need to know someone to send them an Infallible Messanger? Would a secondhand description work?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X