Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    Fair enough

if their own children exalt do they sell them to the great houses then?

since their patricians now?

Another thing how to judge how likely a NPC is to spend WP to resist social influence

Its Pretty certain he doesnt want his intimacys eroded.
    Sell them how?

Generally speaking if this house of Outcasts were attempting the Patrician thing then attempting to create ties with one of the Great Houses is a pretty expected move. The kids, both exalted and unexalted, would be pushed towards achieving as much as possible and doing as well as possible in order to make themselves more appealing for things like marriage prospects or just elevation and hiring by a Great House that could lead to benefits for the patrician house they came from.

As for spending willpower to resist social influence, that probably depends on the circumstances and the intimacies being targeted. Defining intimacies are more likely to be met with the person staunchly refusing to let them be eroded and contradicted than a minor one. And of course the way done will factor in as well, I can see a merchant being far more willing to spend willpower to resist social influence in a negotiation than the same merchant would if it was just conversation outside of work.

Comment

Fair enough

if their own children exalt do they sell them to the great houses then?

since their patricians now?

Another thing how to judge how likely a NPC is to spend WP to resist social influence

Its Pretty certain he doesnt want his intimacys eroded.
      I don't know what you mean by 'outcaste household'.

Do you mean Cadet Houses?

If a family of outcastes is granted cadet house status they become dynasts, not patricians.

Outcastes that join the patriciate, and have children that Exalt, have options for their children but "selling" is not the best word for it. If any Great House is interested they can make marriage offers, in exchange for influence and resources (that the patrician refuse at their own risk). But some try to keep their Exalted children in their own household and grow from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
        As for spending willpower to resist social influence, that probably depends on the circumstances and the intimacies being targeted. Defining intimacies are more likely to be met with the person staunchly refusing to let them be eroded and contradicted than a minor one. And of course the way done will factor in as well, I can see a merchant being far more willing to spend willpower to resist social influence in a negotiation than the same merchant would if it was just conversation outside of work.
        Those are all guidelines I tend to use, yeah. Additionally, I try to remember that the average person is only going to recover 1 point of wp every day (from having a good sleep), and thus probably won't want to exert the mental effort that spending a wp represents more than once a day - anything more will lead to exhaustion over the course of a few days. So when it comes to an NPC spending a wp, I generally ask myself "is this likely the most stressful/extreme thing this person is likely to encounter today?" Because if it's not, they probably won't spend the wp here, instead banking it for later.

Of course, the most crucial guideline for "should this character spend wp" is "will doing so make this scene more interesting and fun for the players?" A minor NPC should never spend wp to resist if that would just drag out the scene, or merely to frustrate the players. As a general rule, for any NPC who I don't expect to appear in later scenes, I won't ever bother to spend wp to resist influence, because ultimately it doesn't matter.

Interested in chatting with other Exalted fans online? Join us on the Exalted Discord server!

Comment

• Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post

If a family of outcastes is granted cadet house status they become dynasts, not patricians.

Outcastes that join the patriciate, and have children that Exalt, have options for their children but "selling" is not the best word for it. If any Great House is interested they can make marriage offers, in exchange for influence and resources (that the patrician refuse at their own risk). But some try to keep their Exalted children in their own household and grow from there.
          They mean outcastes that get adopted into the patriciate and form households around themselves (WFHW, p. 103)

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post

They mean outcastes that get adopted into the patriciate and form households around themselves (WFHW, p. 103)
            Ah ok, hadn't remembered this was addressed in this particular way.

But anyways, that was what my last paragraph was about.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post

Sell them by letting them be adopted into the great houses.

Oh on the Willpower thing is it safe to say being a known Anathema greatly incrreases odds of willpower being spent?
              Last edited by Prince of the Night; 11-02-2020, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Oh on the Willpower thing is it safe to say being a known Anathema greatly incrreases odds of willpower being spent?
                If they're someone with an Intimacy against Anathema, or towards something like the Immaculate Philosophy, or someone with a clear interest in not allowing Anathema to flourish, like most Realm and many Threshold Dragon-blooded, yes, probably. But there are plenty of places in Creation where none of those necessarily apply, so it's going to depend on where you are.

Interested in chatting with other Exalted fans online? Join us on the Exalted Discord server!

Comment

• Just thought Celestial bliss trick a dragon blooded will work far harder to resist if they know its an anathema trying to lead them astray if they think the person offering them sex is mortal and "Why not their really attractive" They probaly just want the blood of the dragons in their bloodline.

Comment

Just thought Celestial bliss trick a dragon blooded will work far harder to resist if they know its an anathema trying to lead them astray if they think the person offering them sex is mortal and "Why not their really attractive" They probaly just want the blood of the dragons in their bloodline.
                    Yeah it pretty much depends on their stance on anathema in general, the prospective bed partner in particular, and probably what they try to tell them. "That was awesome, you were great, we should do this more again some time." is probably gonna be a harder thing for most to decide they must struggle to refute than, "You know if you kill your boss and take their position it'll be fine, you're way better suited to it."

Not counting that some might be reticent to knowingly sleeping with anathema more on the potential issues if it gets out to certain parties, or just you know giving them access your uncovered vitals.

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                      just you know giving them access your uncovered vitals.
                      Invulnerable Skin of Bronze FTW.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Just want hard to decide how to decide how often people will exhaust themselve struggling against mental influence

Comment

• Is there any limit on stuff like bureau rectifying method and Speed the Wheels?

Can you hit an entire government with 'Bureau rectifying method' to weed out corruption, or is it limited to specific departments?

Can Speed the Wheels enhance the purge and reorganisation of the department of transportation so you can finally start building roads quickly, or is it something that can only get you permits and licenses faster?

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
                            Can you hit an entire government with 'Bureau rectifying method' to weed out corruption, or is it limited to specific departments?
                            It's probably limited to a single bureau. So you couldn't just slap it on the entire empire, but you could hit an entire ministry with it.

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
                            Can Speed the Wheels enhance the purge and reorganisation of the department of transportation so you can finally start building roads quickly, or is it something that can only get you permits and licenses faster?
                            Speed the Wheels enhances a single bureaucratic function. So it wouldn't do the whole reorganization for you, but if, for example, you wanted to know the the amount and sources of revenue from each region, so you could compare them. You put in that request and use Speed the Wheels to get the information that's spread across 3 buildings, possibly in different cities, that normally take hours or days to even find once you get permission to access the records, and you do it in mere seconds.

Then you say "Waaait a second here, Jin Li is posting that his region is losing money like a sieve, in spite of him getting the most support from Central, and being in charge of one of the most historically profitable areas. What's this? His salary got quintupled last year? Oh he's fired, he's so fired." Then you go kick him out, possibly literally with kung-fu, and you've solved a major issue with the organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

Speed the Wheels enhances a single bureaucratic function. So it wouldn't do the whole reorganization for you, but if, for example, you wanted to know the the amount and sources of revenue from each region, so you could compare them. You put in that request and use Speed the Wheels to get the information that's spread across 3 buildings, possibly in different cities, that normally take hours or days to even find once you get permission to access the records, and you do it in mere seconds.

Then you say "Waaait a second here, Jin Li is posting that his region is losing money like a sieve, in spite of him getting the most support from Central, and being in charge of one of the most historically profitable areas. What's this? His salary got quintupled last year? Oh he's fired, he's so fired." Then you go kick him out, possibly literally with kung-fu, and you've solved a major issue with the organization.
                              Which is exactly how the Adventure Seeds Bureaucracy "system" is supposed to work.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• A RAW vs RAI question. Righteous devil style. If you get a reflexive aim out of cloud of ebon devils and shoot a guy on the same turn, can you reflexively enter righteous devil form, or are you thwarted by the "after taking an aim action on her previous turn" wording?

Comment

Working...
                                X