No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the highest level of sorcery an Infernal can learn?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grod_the_giant View Post
      What's the highest level of sorcery an Infernal can learn?
      In 2E, Solar/Adamant Circle, with a third purchase of Sorcerous Enlightenment of (Yozi) at Essence 5+.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
        Ideas how to earn silver XP? If I know Craft Artifact Or even Craft Weapons and Armor?

You can't have just Craft (Artifacts), the system requires you to have another "mundane" Craft Ability to base it off of. So, assuming that's Craft (Weapons) or Craft (Armor), you get silver craft xp by completing basic projects that meet at least one of the three craft goals. With Craft (Weapons), for example, you could make a knife or an axe or a cheap sword (I'd rate all of those as basic projects). Let's say you're in a village that's about to get attacked by an invading army, and you're trying to help defend it. Each weapon you make probably supports your goal, since it's helping the people defend themselves, and that's a goal you have right now. So you meet that reward. If, when you give a villager a weapon, they develop a positive intimacy towards you, because you're helping them out, or they're impressed at your skill, or whatever, that's another goal you meet. And if you're supporting one of your own intimacies, that's the third goal - you could choose to develop an intimacy to the village, say you're emotionally invested in it. Or you could have a Principle on your sheet already, something like "A finely-made weapon is a piece of art", or a Tie of "Crafting (Love)". That way, you'll practically always meet the "uphold an intimacy" craft goal.

The key to using pretty much any Craft Ability is to work out what constitutes a basic or major project with it (make sure you're on the same page with the ST about this), and then look for opportunities to make those things in the game. It's the ABCs: Always Be Crafting. If you do that, you should have a good chunk of craft xp pretty quickly.

Interested in chatting with other Exalted fans online? Join us on the Exalted Discord server!

Comment

• Question about Anima Flux, specifically Fire. The Anima Flux write up states at Bonfire level the DB rolls one die of Withering damage against all Non-DB. Fire states it deals (Higher of Essence or 3) damage to characters without hardness instead of one die.

Based on wording on other charms, am I correct that since it states "Deals X damage" rather than "Rolls X damage dice" does the Fire anima always do 3i/3L?

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

• I play it as three dice (stopped by Hardness 1, DBs immune).

Three levels is... nasty. Like, even if that is the rule, I would suggest house-ruling that.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• I would assume it's the same type unless specified otherwise.

Like, it doesn't say levels, so the assumption should be that it's more of the same.

And also yeah, levels would be OP.

Comment

• Mantis form:- "If she attempts to block an attack but is hit by it, she adds (Parry) natural soak against withering damage or gains Hardness (Parry/2, rounded up) against decisive damage."

Is this your base parry; your parry at the moment you were hit by the attack (including charm, onslaught, stunt); or your base parry, but you can buff it with charms? I assume you can't parry with the form-weapon of another M.A. (or if you do you can't proc this charm), and all Mantis Style form weapons are light, so we don't need to worry about the +1 from medium weapons, but does specialty count? Do I include Specialty (Crane Style) if I parried with an unarmed Crane Style parry?

Comment

• How susceptable would Cathak Draegoth be to an offer of flowing mind Prana? Just thought of him when I looked over the charm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                    Mantis form:- "If she attempts to block an attack but is hit by it, she adds (Parry) natural soak against withering damage or gains Hardness (Parry/2, rounded up) against decisive damage."

Is this your base parry; your parry at the moment you were hit by the attack (including charm, onslaught, stunt); or your base parry, but you can buff it with charms? I assume you can't parry with the form-weapon of another M.A. (or if you do you can't proc this charm), and all Mantis Style form weapons are light, so we don't need to worry about the +1 from medium weapons, but does specialty count? Do I include Specialty (Crane Style) if I parried with an unarmed Crane Style parry?
                    Pretty sure it's whatever Parry value you actually applied to try and block the attack.

So if you had Parry 6 and spent four motes to go up to Parry 8, but they roll 9 successes to hit you then you apply 8 extra Natural Soak or 4 Hardness.

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                    How susceptable would Cathak Draegoth be to an offer of flowing mind Prana? Just thought of him when I looked over the charm.
                    Who?

(Book/page/edition would be helpful here.)

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post

Who?

(Book/page/edition would be helpful here.)

He's in the Exalted Comic in the edition dragon blooded book the Terrestial directions west book And return of the scarlet empress book hes a bit of a fuck up

Comment

• I'm going to go ahead and assume you mean Cathak Drogath (who beats up his Patrician tutor then turns the Five Metal Shrike on his childhood lover).

I'd say "pretty susceptible". His 2E arc was all about a vicious Dynast siding with the Anathema to murder his childhood sweetheart... so... a Solar Lore Charm that Instills Anathema Intimacies seems a sensible way of getting there.
                        Last edited by JohnDoe244; 11-19-2020, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Thats him sorry for the mispelling.

Comment

• A person is attuned to a manse, has the hearthstone, and then leaves the place.

What options do other Essence-wielding beings have to A) attune themselves to the manse and B) sever someone else's tie to the manse so that it will produce a new hearthstone that they can claim for themselves.

I am sure I have read about this at one point, but I am equally sure that it will be faster for me to ask you guys.

Loch Ness monsters. On vacation. On a pillow.

My wife is on Spotify!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jutlander View Post
                              A person is attuned to a manse, has the hearthstone, and then leaves the place.

What options do other Essence-wielding beings have to A) attune themselves to the manse and B) sever someone else's tie to the manse so that it will produce a new hearthstone that they can claim for themselves.

I am sure I have read about this at one point, but I am equally sure that it will be faster for me to ask you guys.
                              3E RAW:

A) Anyone can just turn up and attune to the manse. You have to be in it to block it.
                              B) You can't.

Old Lore/Homebrew:

A) You could probably have a working or something to extend the powers of the Hearthstone to manse control.
                              B) Disrupting the geomancy of the manse, or shattering the Hearthstone, or some niche sorcery might suffice.

Comment

• I am so sorry for this question.

Is there any way a Sidereal with a serious axe to grind could risk his entire career and status to make a Heaven-wide announcement excoriating a fellow Sidereal in a way similar to that infamous part of Snapcube's Sonic Adventure 2 fandub?

I absolutely have to know this. I just have to.

Comment

Working...
                                X