Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frostav View Post
    I am so sorry for this question.

Is there any way a Sidereal with a serious axe to grind could risk his entire career and status to make a Heaven-wide announcement excoriating a fellow Sidereal in a way similar to that infamous part of Snapcube's Sonic Adventure 2 fandub?

I absolutely have to know this. I just have to.
    3E, we don't know enough about heaven.

Old Lore/Homebrew:

At the very least, the Games of Divinity are tied to heaven's sky. So if you broke into the Pleasure Dome and hacked the Games, I reckon you could skywrite your message.

A heaven wide PA system may or may not fit with one's image of heaven. It certainly fits mine.

Some kind of mass communication Sorcerous Working might see you right.

Or just an old school open letter to the fat, arrogant, anticharismatic, Creation-wide embarrassment. Slap each other in the press and don't print retractions.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jutlander View Post
      A person is attuned to a manse, has the hearthstone, and then leaves the place.

What options do other Essence-wielding beings have to A) attune themselves to the manse and B) sever someone else's tie to the manse so that it will produce a new hearthstone that they can claim for themselves.

I am sure I have read about this at one point, but I am equally sure that it will be faster for me to ask you guys.
      Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
      3E RAW:

A) Anyone can just turn up and attune to the manse. You have to be in it to block it.
      B) You can't.

Old Lore/Homebrew:

A) You could probably have a working or something to extend the powers of the Hearthstone to manse control.
      B) Disrupting the geomancy of the manse, or shattering the Hearthstone, or some niche sorcery might suffice.
      A: Indeed, as per the gold-box on page 161. A Demesne (or Manse) may have multiple attunements, but only one owner. The owner can automatically sense attempts to attune their Demesne from wherever they are. It they are present they may reflexively block such attempts. If they are not present they may, on later returning to that Demesne, attempt to sever any unwanted sub-attunements.

B: Well... Linked Hearthstones may be destroyed by damaging their manse, and a new one reforms when sufficient repairs are made. However, Steady Hearthstones are independent from their manse. Still the owner remains the owner until attunement fades; which never happens while they carry its functioning Hearthstone. Either way, they're going to be pissed off if you start messing around.

So, mostly: Take six hours to attune the manse, just wait until the owner tries to kick you out -- either immediately or after returning -- and then contest ownership ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Frostav View Post
        I am so sorry for this question.

Is there any way a Sidereal with a serious axe to grind could risk his entire career and status to make a Heaven-wide announcement excoriating a fellow Sidereal in a way similar to that infamous part of Snapcube's Sonic Adventure 2 fandub?

I absolutely have to know this. I just have to.
        Celestial level spell that projects your image for miles, not dissimilar to Commanding Presence of Fire. Or a mass sending spell, like Infallible Messenger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyman View Post

A: Indeed, as per the gold-box on page 161. A Demesne (or Manse) may have multiple attunements, but only one owner. The owner can automatically sense attempts to attune their Demesne from wherever they are. It they are present they may reflexively block such attempts. If they are not present they may, on later returning to that Demesne, attempt to sever any unwanted sub-attunements.

B: Well... Linked Hearthstones may be destroyed by damaging their manse, and a new one reforms when sufficient repairs are made. However, Steady Hearthstones are independent from their manse. Still the owner remains the owner until attunement fades; which never happens while they carry its functioning Hearthstone. Either way, they're going to be pissed off if you start messing around.

So, mostly: Take six hours to attune the manse, just wait until the owner tries to kick you out -- either immediately or after returning -- and then contest ownership ...
          Since someone placing a hearthstone in an attuned artifact "enjoys the benefits of standing within the manse", I'd argue they can contest and sever connections from a distance, as long as they hold the attuned artifact, though I'd concede it's a debatable reading.

Comment

• Originally posted by Braininthejar View Post
            Where do the people of Harborhead keep and graze all those cows of theirs? I remember there being huge grassy plains in Harborhead, but on the 3E map 80% of seems to be covered by lakes, leaving Kirigast on a small peninsula with mostly mountains around.
            Given that cattle raiding historically and mythologically was a major activity in Ireland, exactly how much land do you think Harborhead needs?

Comment

• Unlike solars, dragonblooded don't have excellencies by default, and have to buy them for each ability separately.
              But what about martial arts?
              Last edited by Braininthejar; 11-27-2020, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Unlike solars, dragonblooded don't have excellencies by default, and have to buy them for each ability separately.
                But what about martial arts?
                The brawl excellency can be used to boost martial arts attacks/parry.

Comment

Unlike solars, dragonblooded don't have excellencies by default, and have to buy them for each ability separately.
                  Actually you get five Excellencies for free.

He/him

Comment

• Now, there are feats of strength for things like punching through walls, or breaking down doors.
                    Are there any rules for using artifact weapons instead, such as slashing through a barred gate to break the bar, or cutting down a mast during a boarding action?

Comment

Now, there are feats of strength for things like punching through walls, or breaking down doors.
                      Are there any rules for using artifact weapons instead, such as slashing through a barred gate to break the bar, or cutting down a mast during a boarding action?
                      As per page 229 an appropriate tool adds +1 success to a feat of demolition, such as an axe to chop down a door, and an artifact weapon adds two.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

As per page 229 an appropriate tool adds +1 success to a feat of demolition, such as an axe to chop down a door, and an artifact weapon adds two.
                        But it's still a strength + ability roll... So my flimsy sword master won't be using his rhomphaia like a lightsaber unless the DM allows it as part of a stunt...

Comment

But it's still a strength + ability roll... So my flimsy sword master won't be using his rhomphaia like a lightsaber unless the DM allows it as part of a stunt...
                          Correct. If you want a character to smash through stone pillars and slash solid iron fortress gates in half, you need to have strength to do so, and you probably want athletics too.

If you actually have a beamklave or some other kind of artifact like that you might be able to start getting evocations that help that, but for balance reasons they shouldn't just let you skip to what a dedicated Solar demolisher can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

Correct. If you want a character to smash through stone pillars and slash solid iron fortress gates in half, you need to have strength to do so, and you probably want athletics too.

If you actually have a beamklave or some other kind of artifact like that you might be able to start getting evocations that help that, but for balance reasons they shouldn't just let you skip to what a dedicated Solar demolisher can do.
                            Well, a void point stylist with an artifact rhompaia.

As usual with starting characters, personal charms took priority over evocations, though I will be working on it in the future.(I was thinking some split second spectral blades, to give me a poor man's white reaper effects against group of enemies)

Also, your avatar makes you look perpetually expasperated with having to answer questions.

Comment

Oh it's a very good weapon, and it does actually help with feats of demolition, giving +2 non-charm successes, but smashing pillars requires superhuman strength, simply put. Specifically Strength 7 and 13 successes on a feat of demolition.

You might think "well that's shitty, busting up pillars is really cool and I want to be able to do that" but think of it from the other way too, somebody who bought 5 strength, and a charm that boosts strength, and charms that let them get those required successes, and you don't have any of that but you still get to do all the cool stuff they specifically paid to be able to do.

It happens a lot in Exalted actually. Like for instance you'd figure every ninja could just run across the tops of reeds by a lakeside, but without Feather Foot Style, 2 prerequisite charms and 3 motes, you can only do it as a relatively inconsequential stunt. Again, partially because it totally robs the guy who spent all those resources to be able to do that of doing his cool thing.

Originally posted by Braininthejar View Post
                              Also, your avatar makes you look perpetually expasperated with having to answer questions.
                              Well I'm not, there's just a shortage of cartoon monkey doctors on the internet and my own art skills aren't yet at the point where I'm comfortable making my own. Maybe I should change it though.

Comment

Where do the people of Harborhead keep and graze all those cows of theirs? I remember there being huge grassy plains in Harborhead, but on the 3E map 80% of seems to be covered by lakes, leaving Kirigast on a small peninsula with mostly mountains around.
                                If I estimate the size of Harborhead conservatively to something confined on the left by the top part of that crescent of mountains and the right by that one big mountain, without even adding those two land masses forking out into the water, I end up with something about the size of Hungary, which I think is a respectable size.

Still, it might be extended into those land masses and over the mountains, giving it a good deal more. Mountains have valleys in between them, and that can make for decent pasture. Personally, I'd be inclined to confine them a bit and give some of the neighbouring land to alternative people for them to have relations and hostility with.

The lakes should not be within the scope of Harborhead at all, it's far too large and interesting a part of the map to homogenize.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                                Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X