X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Accelerator
    • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Jen View Post
    How busted is it if I created a charm that let the Solar attune to multi Artifacts at discounted costs? Since I want my Eclipse to fight with 7 weapons, but the motes required is huuuuuge.
    Yeah... not really good.

One of the reasons why they made mote costs is to stop precisely that.

Comment

• armyofwhispers
      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Jen View Post
      How busted is it if I created a charm that let the Solar attune to multi Artifacts at discounted costs? Since I want my Eclipse to fight with 7 weapons, but the motes required is huuuuuge.
      Might be better in the "what breaks if...?" thread, but I digress.

I don't think anything is truly broken about it. In fact I seem to recall Vance talking about how the first 2-3 would need full attunement and then after that the requirement drops off from a balance standpoint. I think this was in the Ask the Devs thread but I'm not sure I'm afraid. Hard to search for that. Regardless, I think so long as they're paying full cost full evocations I think it's fine.

Hhmmmm... maybe declare that your character doesn't get the attunement bonus for any artifact that they aren't paying ful mote commitment? Avoids stacking those free bonuses that you get from multiple artifacts. I might structure it as after your second artifact it's free to attune to them but you don't get the attunment free stuff. This would include any free evocations that are supposed to be unlocked when you attune to an artifact.

Also probably require the same length of time to attune to the artifact that you normally would. Avoids people picking up an enemy's daiklaive mid fight and using their stuff. Unless you've got the appropriate larceny charms anyway

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Elfive
        • Jun 2014

There was an Ink Monkey's charm that allowed discounted attunement.

I think it would be possible to design a charm that allows this to a limited extent, perhaps only allowing [essence] discounted weapons or something.

Alternately you could build it off Summon the Loyal Steel and make a charm that can shift committed motes between weapons as you summon them from Elsewhere. I presume your Eclipse still possess only two hands, so the issue is more one of hot swapping than wielding them literally all at once.

Also in 3E attunement takes seconds. If an enemy is dead you can totally pick up their shit and fight with it. So that itself is not a concern for charms.
        Last edited by Elfive; 02-07-2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• armyofwhispers
          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
          Also in 3E attunement takes seconds. If an enemy is dead you can totally pick up their shit and fight with it. So that itself is not a concern for charms.
          Whoops! You're right, it does allow you to attune almost instantly.

However, unless you've got something that forces a living opponent to break their attunement you still can't attune to it until a full day has passed. So you still can't really hit someone with their own weapon mid fight. At least, I'm assuming you and your enemy can't both be attuned to the same weapon... I can't actually find anything in the core that specifically disallows that though.

I mean, I assume it has to be the case since the larceny charms that steal artifacts and allow you to attune to them call out that they first break the enemy's attunement. Why else would they spend word count on that if not for it being impossible to attune to otherwise.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• MoroseMorgan
            • Dec 2013

Is there any guidance on when you should use which attribute for craft rolls in 3e? I didn't see it in the craft rules section, or the craft trait section, and nothing in the charms.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Elfive
              • Jun 2014

Yeah, I think having two characters attuned to the same weapon is probably in the domain of Lunar bond shenanigans.

Or maybe a sworn kinship of dragonblooded...

Comment

• The MG
                • Nov 2013

Alternately you could build it off Summon the Loyal Steel and make a charm that can shift committed motes between weapons as you summon them from Elsewhere.
                This is the route I'd take as well, if absolutely necessary. Realistically, though, you could just keep your unattuned weapons Elsewhere and accept the cost of attuning and de-attuning them when necessary.

Comment

• Jen
                  • Nov 2013

Alternately you could build it off Summon the Loyal Steel and make a charm that can shift committed motes between weapons as you summon them from Elsewhere. I presume your Eclipse still possess only two hands, so the issue is more one of hot swapping than wielding them literally all at once.
                  He's indeed swapping weapons during battle so this is an amazing idea

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

• Matt the Bruins fan
                    • Jul 2014

It's basically a similar mechanic to switching from one Martial Arts form charm to another and conserving the motes already spent, so I don't think the system would break under huge advantages given if one allows it. You'd just lose the attunement bonus and ongoing Charms of any weapons that you shifted attunement away from in favor of another.

Comment

• Liquid_speaker
                      • Mar 2017

in 2.5, does prayer count as a charisma based social action?

Comment

• Korusef
                        • Nov 2013

Or just have an artifact that will have multiple modes as evocations.

Comment

• Epee102
                          • May 2016

Hey, so I was digging through Oramus souls, and I keep finding online references to "Remondin, Sixth Soul, the Misconstrued Counselor". Who... I can't find in Compass Malfeas or in the Roll of Divinity. any idea where he's from?

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                          Many Limbed Manual
                          Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                          San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                          My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Eric Minton
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                            Hey, so I was digging through Oramus souls, and I keep finding online references to "Remondin, Sixth Soul, the Misconstrued Counselor". Who... I can't find in Compass Malfeas or in the Roll of Divinity. any idea where he's from?
                            Progenitor of Janequin, Fortune's Fool, as per Compass of Celestial Directions: Malfeas.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Arian Dynas
                              • Mar 2014

So... is it possible to sail, say an open water ship from the dreaming sea up the rivers of the Scavenger Lands and out into the Inland sea?

Need some Tunes for your Exalted Game? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-exalted-tunes
                              Want some help managing your PCs? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...a-reincarnated

Comment

• Epee102
                                • May 2016

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

Progenitor of Janequin, Fortune's Fool, as per Compass of Celestial Directions: Malfeas.

Oh, its a name drop in the first line, derp. Thank you very much!

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                                Many Limbed Manual
                                Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                                San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                                My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Working...