X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dreamking89
    started a topic Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

I'm not sure if this was in the former forums, but I feel it should be made.

This is a forum for Exalted questions that won't necessarily take up an entire thread, but rather require one or two answers from fellow players. I imagine this would cover newbie questions on the rules, canon and whatnot, but given that Exalted is a pretty complex game I feel this is necessary.

I'll start: What's the point of the Socialize skill? Throughout my running of Exalted, I have never run across a situation where Socialize could be used where it couldn't be easily replaced by Presence. Does anyone else have this problem?

• Snakesandsuns
    replied
    How do charms that add to your appearance work?

I assume that this is a non-charm bonus that really only has an effect on the bonus dice on calculating bonus dice for social interaction. However I cannot find where in the book it talks about this at all.

Also how does it work with the Lunar excellency?

Leave a comment:

• armyofwhispers
    replied
    Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
    Can you poison a battle group? For example of if you attack with spring razor or the wood elemental bolt.
    I'd allow the poison to affect the BG, but unless it's something like Mists of Eventide, I think I'd only allow it to affect the BG for a 1-turn duration and I wouldn't impose a penalty to actions. It's just doesn't make sense to use something like Spring Razor and have it's poison affect the actions of 1000 separate people. However, poison makes sense as a valid reason as to why the BG is losing soldiers, which is why i think that it makes sense that it should have an effect on the BG, but once the poisoned people bugger off, it's not gonna do anything to the rest. Hence the duration of 1 turn only.

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    Originally posted by marin View Post
    Snip
    Thanks, I appreciate the page references. So the DB population has fallen slightly, but not massively, and the Battle of Futile Blood has been moved post-Empress. Which makes more sense.

Anyone know the population of Creation?
    Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 02-08-2019, 12:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Giving yourself bonus Attribute dots that last for a week? That's pretty damned potent, especially if you could pick Dexterity.

Consider for comparison the 2E spell that increased your Strength + Athletics pool, "Spirit of Might." Its duration was in turns.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-08-2019, 12:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• marin
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    How many Dragonblood are there? How many of those are part of the Realm?
    Approximately 10,000 Dynasts, 4000 outcastes who joined the Dynasty, 750 belonging to cadet Houses, 250 patricians, and if you count them as part of the Realm 2000 Prasadi, making approximately 15-17,000 Realm Dragonblooded.

In addition there are 3000 Lookshyans and 5000 outcastes, making for approximately 25,000 Dragonblooded total. (WFHW, p. 18)

What year did the Solars return?
    Nothing outright, but no Abyssal has been Exalted longer than five years, and the Solars' return was noted to be in the same timeframe as the Empress's disappearance, so roughly five years ago.

What year was the Empress last seen?
    Five years ago. (Ex3 core, p. 22)

What year was the Battle of Futile Blood?
    Three years ago. (WFHW, p. 66-67)

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    Hmmmmm...
    That's a long duration. For a Terrestrial spell, it seems very powerful, so it'd probably not add much.
    How would that fluff of burning out impurities work? Like, would it do damage to yourself?

I have some questions about numbers. Most of these I knew in 2nd ed, but some have changed in 3rd ed and I can't remember.

How many people (not spirits) are in Creation?
    How many Dragonblood are there? How many of those are part of the Realm?
    How many years were between the end of the Primordial War and the Usurpation? Or the end of the Primordial War and the Contagion?
    What year did the Solars return?
    What year was the Empress last seen?
    What year did the Bull invade?
    What year was the Battle of Futile Blood?

Leave a comment:

• Accelerator
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    What's it's duration?
    I assume it's Terrestrial.
    Is it for 3rd or 2nd edition?
    Either edition. Duration is one month. Or a week.

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    What's it's duration?
    I assume it's Terrestrial.
    Is it for 3rd or 2nd edition?

Leave a comment:

• Accelerator
    replied
    I'm thinking of a self-buffing spell for sorcery. Question. How much should it add? It adds dots to attributes and abilities. Impermanent. Does not count towards getting better charms. But helpful for any mortal. Meant to act as a call-out to the mythology of 'burning out impurities to make yourself stronger' and 'increase your own power through trials'.

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    Zebra-striped, actually (though in black and white it looks the same as tiger srtipes I guess).

Originally posted by Snakesandsuns View Post
    Can you poison a battle group? For example of if you attack with spring razor or the wood elemental bolt.
    Hmmm...

Technically, I think yes.

I guess this represents you poisoning a lot of members of the group, just like attacking them represents stabbing a lot of them.

If they take damage, instead of losing initiative until crashed like a hero, I guess they instead take Magnitude damage, representing some members dying of poison, falling unconscious, or at least being sick enough not to be able to fight any more.

Might be worth checking with the Devs, I'm not 100% sure, but that'd be my interpretation as ST.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post

They're called Djala. In 2E they were a crafted race that breeds true.
    Actually they are the descendants of an even smaller Crafted Race awakened miniature people. The Djala are the result of them Breeding with normal mortals after the twin Apocalypses of the Usurpation and Contagion/Balorian Crusade. Breeding with normal humans meant they lost their natural essence enlightenment and started averaging out at a taller height. They also have a related rival group of tiger striped folks. Their original ancestors were tiny and a essence enlightened because they were designed to be engineers and repairmen and they could have an easier time getting into small places to repair mystical machines and such like Warstriders or magical Dams.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    In my Chronicle one of the players expressed interest in getting a charm that lets you summon an armory if weapons as needed from elsewhere. Like I remember the Corebook have the summon one weapon from Elsewhere but did we ever get an expansion to put a bunch of weapons elsewhere and just summon different weapons all wllynilly? I remember 2.5 had a charm expanding the Elsewhere weapon charm to make it so you can summon a ton of weapons but did 3rd ed ever bring that back or are there plans too?

Basically what I’m saying is the PC wants to eventually be able to just summon a whole mess of weapons since he is a blacksmith.

Leave a comment:

• Snakesandsuns
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SamuraiMujuru
    replied
    Originally posted by Braininthejar View Post
    It is probably a very basic piece of info but somehow I keep missing it. Who are the panda-spotted southerners that keep popping up in official art?
    They're called Djala. In 2E they were a crafted race that breeds true.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X