X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dreamking89
    started a topic Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

I'm not sure if this was in the former forums, but I feel it should be made.

This is a forum for Exalted questions that won't necessarily take up an entire thread, but rather require one or two answers from fellow players. I imagine this would cover newbie questions on the rules, canon and whatnot, but given that Exalted is a pretty complex game I feel this is necessary.

I'll start: What's the point of the Socialize skill? Throughout my running of Exalted, I have never run across a situation where Socialize could be used where it couldn't be easily replaced by Presence. Does anyone else have this problem?

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
    Are there stats for any canon god-blooded suitable as a 1 dot Ally?

I was thinking of using Mist (Corebook page 502), but his stats are comparable to the Young Dynast (clearly a 3 dot ally).

The Wyld Barbarians sidebar on page 500 suggests adding supernatural merits to a mortal template. That seems like it probably works for god blooded.

I was also considering using the Snakefolk Merchant stats.
    Fivefold Masks and Lies?

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe244
    replied
    Originally posted by Chausse View Post
    I'm really bad at this because I would consider a large part of what makes the worth of an Ally is precisely his supernatural "heritage", usually before his abilities or attributes. (I wouldn't say they do not matter but definitively less than his power and potential to grow)
    I know, right?

We're half a dozen sessions in and I've yet to need stats for Allies -- "God-Blooded" has been enough.

But I'm going to need stats, and I have no idea where to peg them. (Except "lower than a Young Dynast").

Leave a comment:

• Chausse
    replied
    I'm really bad at this because I would consider a large part of what makes the worth of an Ally is precisely his supernatural "heritage", usually before his abilities or attributes. (I wouldn't say they do not matter but definitively less than his power and potential to grow)

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe244
    replied
    Are there stats for any canon god-blooded suitable as a 1 dot Ally?

I was thinking of using Mist (Corebook page 502), but his stats are comparable to the Young Dynast (clearly a 3 dot ally).

The Wyld Barbarians sidebar on page 500 suggests adding supernatural merits to a mortal template. That seems like it probably works for god blooded.

I was also considering using the Snakefolk Merchant stats.

Leave a comment:

• Tymeaus Jalynsfein
    replied
    Yes Indeed... That makes sense

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by Tymeaus Jalynsfein View Post
    Yeah, not intended usage, but works in a Pinch
    I get that, I do.

​The other day, my sister wanted to make a cherry crisp crumble, but we didn't have any cherries. But we did have some Granny Smith and Pink Lady apples. And the end result was an excellent dessert that I might've consumed the entirety of if I didn't have to share it with two other people.

​I still wouldn't call it cherry crisp crumble, though, nor serve it to someone who asked for cherry crisp crumble (at least, not without an explanation that this won't be exactly what they asked for).

Leave a comment:

• Tymeaus Jalynsfein
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    It is a nice Charm. I'm just saying, using it to hear the prayers of your cult is, ah, not necessarily its intended use, even if you can kinda-sorta make it to work that way a little.

Yeah, not intended usage, but works in a Pinch

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Indeed... It does have some requirements to use, but it is still really, really nice. One of the Nights in our campaign is looking to pick it up here soon. He is almost to Essence 4.
    It is a nice Charm. I'm just saying, using it to hear the prayers of your cult is, ah, not necessarily its intended use, even if you can kinda-sorta make it to work that way a little.

Leave a comment:

• Tymeaus Jalynsfein
    replied
    Indeed... It does have some requirements to use, but it is still really, really nice. One of the Nights in our campaign is looking to pick it up here soon. He is almost to Essence 4.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    There is an Awareness Charm that allows the Solar [NVM... TheCountAlucard already pulled that piece of information]......
    Right, but once again...

​1) It's Essence 4,
    2) It has several prerequisite Awareness Charms,
    ​3) It's not free, hearing even a single supplicant takes a three-mote expenditure,
    ​4) You have to have an Intimacy of at least Major intensity for the speaker.

Leave a comment:

• Tymeaus Jalynsfein
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    "People or things similar to those already referred to."

Though likened to gods often, the Exalted are not gods.

There is an Awareness Charm that allows the Solar [NVM... TheCountAlucard already pulled that piece of information]......

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Dedicated Unerring Ear. It's also Awareness 5, Essence 4, and costs 3m every time you use it, and only works when they're directly addressing you.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; Yesterday, 03:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe244
    replied
    Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
    A thing I've been wondering. I hear that gods hear their cults as a constant drone... a background noise. What about Exalts? Do they hear the cult? Or is it just a buzz? Can they develop a charm to parse through and sift through the prayers sent to them?
    As mentioned GSPs had a Charm to do that.

There was also an Artifact that let you hear prayers.

Solars already have a 3E charm that lets them hear someone they have a Major Positive Intimacy for in Awareness (forget the name).

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
    Well, for me, the words 'ilk' are used when you really hate the things it referred to.
    I'm assuming you encounter the word mostly on the Internet, a place not known for being overwhelmingly positive. Let me assure you, "ilk" doesn't have to describe a bad or hated thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X