Sulumor's Shiny New Wardrobe: Fixing Past Edition Fashion Disaster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hand-of-Omega View Post

I don't see it, either, other than a note about them being unattractive by Southern standards (and vice versa). Granted, they don't practice any sort of "civilized" hygiene, and actively scrub themselves with sand baths, which can't be good for the skin, but the only actual flaw they have is Sun-Seared.

If I had to guess, it's fanon, brought on by a combo of the sig picture and the note in Sulumor's write up that states that her beauty came from her Agata Coadjutor. Given that the Dune People are the (otherwise unaltered) descendents of the slaves who were concubines for visiting Exalts, it really doesn't make sense for them to be ugly, with a capital W...
    Exalted: the Lunars also notes that they're quite fit, trim and muscular from their, ah, high-protein diet. Maybe the people of the South don't like athletic women?

Comment

Dune people obviously lack the Booty.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
        Dune people obviously lack the Booty.
        Well, seeing as how the Booty among civilized people makes them lick their chops for a very different reason than most people of the South, it's kind of understandable.

Comment

In the immortal words of Tracy Jordan, "Tell her, her butt looks like an apple and you want to take a bite."

He/him

Comment

Frankly I think it would be funny if Su's getup was due to her knowing that people consider certain bits proper to cover and other bits proper to leave exposed but can never remember which bits are which because she's new to the whole clothing thing.

The wimple is actually a skirt. Nobody ever bothered to correct her when she put it on wrong.

Comment

The wimple is actually a skirt. Nobody ever bothered to correct her when she put it on wrong.
              Wouldn't that make her actually pants-on-head stupid?

Comment

New life's goal: Make an Eclipse based on Sir Mix-a-Lot, and rewrite the lyrics of "Baby Got Back" to fit Creation!

(Feel free to beat me to the latter, if you got the Mad Skillz!)

Comment

Originally posted by The Revenge of TV Head View Post

What practical purpose does clothing serve when you can make yourself bulletproof, feel no changes in temperature or moisture and have the body of a goddamn swimsuit model?
                  Conveying an image or an affiliation is something; stuff in the manner of uniforms or regalia.

I think in terms of clothing, the term "practical" also refers to the idea that the clothes won't get in the way, get caught or tangled, or fall away at inopportune times.

Although even then, I'm pretty all for the idea of Exalts who adopt clothing that would be impractical for anybody else as a way of showing off their superior agility or strength. The Thousand Correct Actions refers to the idea that Dragon Blooded officers are permitted to dress in basically any manner they wish, and I do like the idea that this leads to some Dynastic commanders in the legions who dress rather distinctively, even outlandishly, for the sake of standing out or indulging their fashion sense or retaining the apparel of some other affiliation (such as wearing a gi), and it doesn't really affect their combat performance or undermine their safety from rear command positions.

But not to use as an excuse for weird fetish gear.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Ugh, those eastern hairstyles are abominable.

Check my Exalted homebrew!

Comment

Originally posted by Synapse View Post
                      Ugh, those eastern hairstyles are abominable.
                      Hey, I take offense to that ! (Even though I'm not Chinese)

Anyway, about Anja Silverclaw, if she appear again then I hope they choose the design in the No-Moon Caste description instead of the Sex Kitty fur-bikini in Scroll of Exalted.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

That wasn't a fur-bikini. She was just furry and in a regular bikini. Not the same thing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post

Hey, I take offense to that ! (Even though I'm not Chinese)

Anyway, about Anja Silverclaw, if she appear again then I hope they choose the design in the No-Moon Caste description instead of the Sex Kitty fur-bikini in Scroll of Exalted.
                          Different tastes. Your suggestion of hairstyles for the empress is, to me, a long gallery of how to make me wince in displeasure
                          I also saw a general tendency in the posts here to cover women up more and cover men up less.
                          I call bullshit on it, just like I call bullshit on any other such broad tendency. Make it *regional*. Westerners and deep easterners are scantily clad when it's hot and humid, and more covered during winter.. Southerners are overly dressed because the sun and sand are bad mofos. Unless they're partying.

Check my Exalted homebrew!

Comment

We're trying to get them at approximately the same level of skimpy. Because modesty is for mortals.

Comment

We're trying to get them at approximately the same level of skimpy. Because modesty is for mortals.
                              Or Exalts who enjoy covering clothing.

Bits and pieces of Exalted setting.

Comment

That's not modesty. It's fashion.

Comment

Working...
                                X