Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chosen of the Galaxy! (a.k.a GotG/ Exalted)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chosen of the Galaxy! (a.k.a GotG/ Exalted)

(spoilers should be inside spoiler tags, in the case it wasn't clear :P)

so, I just saw today the movie, and I've started to think how could the characters in the movie work as Exalts. This is what I've had in mind-

Peter Quill- a Night Caste Solar
    Drax- a Dawn Caste or a Slayer. I think the later works better for him.
    Gamora- she may work as a Lunar, but I think she is better as a Scourge
    Rocket Raccoon- a Lunar? a beastman? a Relic Race from the First Age?
    Groot- Wood Elemental.
    The Collector- a Twilight, maybe? or maybe just an obsessive god with the portfolio of History
    Yondu- ammm.. an Outcast Dragon Blooded maybe? Or maybe an Exigent of some kind?
    Nebula- maybe she has an alchemical aesthetics, but I think she is better as an Infernal, either a Scourge or a Fiend.
    Ronan- I think Abyssal, but could also work as Malefactor
    Thanos- yozi, I believe. Maybe a jotun of one of the existing yozi (the ED, for example)

what do you think?

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Peter, Drax, Gamora, and Rocket are all heroic mortals. Peter may be a godblood but if he is he doesn't know anything about using his essence. Rocket is a racoon beastman. Groot is a wood elemental. Seems pretty straightforward. Half the point of the movie was them being a bizarre team of unlikely heroes, which works better for Exalted purpose if they don't have shards of cosmic power and indelible proof of epic heroism lodged in their souls.

Alternatively they could be Heaven's Reach characters in which case half the team has cybernetic implants that are functionally identical to HR exaltations.

Comment

Peter is pretty solidly a Night, Drax and Gamora are Infernals, Rocket is a beastmen and Groot is a Wood Elemental. The Collector is a very crazy god, and Thanos is a definite Deathlord.

Comment

Peter is a Night, Gamora is a Dusk, Groot is a wood elemental, Rocket is a No Moon beastman, Drax is a Slayer, Ronan is an outcaste Earth Aspect, Nebula is a Day, and Thanos is a Deathlord.

Also, can we talk about that after-credits scene? I can't do spoilers on my phone, but Jesus Christ what the fuck was up with that?

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

Marvel's next reboot confirmed.

Comment

I went to the movie with my sister (who only knows Marvel from the movies), and she didn't understood why I've started to laugh when the after credit showed up :P

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

I do not expect the post-credit to be an indication that we will get a film centered on the character, but I kind of hope that the character will at least have a cameo or two in some of the coming Marvel movies.

Loch Ness monsters. On vacation. On a pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                I went to the movie with my sister (who only knows Marvel from the movies), and she didn't understood why I've started to laugh when the after credit showed up :P
                I would wonder why you were laughing, too, considering how it's less funny and more goddamn terrifying.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by HK-87 View Post
                  Peter, Drax, Gamora, and Rocket are all heroic mortals. Peter may be a godblood but if he is he doesn't know anything about using his essence. Rocket is a racoon beastman. Groot is a wood elemental. Seems pretty straightforward. Half the point of the movie was them being a bizarre team of unlikely heroes, which works better for Exalted purpose if they don't have shards of cosmic power and indelible proof of epic heroism lodged in their souls.

Alternatively they could be Heaven's Reach characters in which case half the team has cybernetic implants that are functionally identical to HR exaltations.
                  If anything else, i might at most make Drax, Gamora Lintha as a riff on their skin colors, if that.

Comment

Originally posted by MrInsecure View Post
                    I would wonder why you were laughing, too, considering how it's less funny and more goddamn terrifying.
                    I think it's a plot by Thanos. What could make people yearn for the sweet release of Death more than suffering through a remake of that movie?

Comment

Also, can we talk about that after-credits scene? I can't do spoilers on my phone, but Jesus Christ what the fuck was up with that?
                      It was amazing, is what was up with that. XD

"The true object of all human life is play. Earth is a task garden; heaven is a playground." -G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post

I think it's a plot by Thanos. What could make people yearn for the sweet release of Death more than suffering through a remake of that movie?
                        Okay, I'm at a computer today, so let's talk about this.

Howard the Duck. Howard the Duck. HOWARD THE MOTHERFUCKING DUCK.

I know it's based off a comic book that's technically in the Marvel Universe. I know that it's mostly the result of George Lucas' incompetence, and he won't have anything to do with it if they do remake it. But the only people who will get that joke are people who have seen that movie, and I don't think I'm at the point where I'm ready to forgive it. If they want to do a Howard the Duck movie, they're going to have to show it's in the hands of someone competent, someone who can do the dry humor and metacommentary necessary for the character.

And for God's sakes, keep Lucas the hell away from the Marvel Universe.

Comment

It was the ugliest creature in the movie, I can tell you that.

I was expecting the Russian cosmonaught dog to reveal it could talk... and then Marvel through a REAL curveball into my face.

Man, I barely remember anything about that movie, but I've heard how much people hate it.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                            I was expecting the Russian cosmonaught dog to reveal it could talk...
                            That's what I was expecting, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                              It was the ugliest creature in the movie, I can tell you that.

I was expecting the Russian cosmonaught dog to reveal it could talk... and then Marvel through a REAL curveball into my face.

Man, I barely remember anything about that movie, but I've heard how much people hate it.
                              Let the Nostalgia Critic explain:
                              Last edited by MrInsecure; 08-03-2014, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X