Exalted: Ask the Developers thread on Rpg.net

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exalted: Ask the Developers thread on Rpg.net

Thought I would post the link for people.

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?...the-Developers

Admin edit: Fixed the link. Use the one above. The problem was the fault of the system, not the poster.

Last edited by Rose Bailey; 08-08-2014, 03:51 PM.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

As opposed to posting a link to the actual thread

And just as I've gotta go to work. Great.

Comment

Here's the correct link:

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        As opposed to posting a link to the actual thread

And just as I've gotta go to work. Great.
        Actually when I pasted the link, it was directly to the thread. Not my fault the forum software is screwed up. FYI this has been the second time I've had issues posting links and no reply last time on what was causing the issue.

Yep. Just tested it, it's not working properly even though the pasted url is correct.
        Last edited by TyrannicalRabbit; 08-07-2014, 10:53 PM.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post
          Actually when I pasted the link, it was directly to the thread. Not my fault the forum software is screwed up. FYI this has been the second time I've had issues posting links and no reply last time on what was causing the issue.

Yep. Just tested it, it's not working properly even though the pasted url is correct.
          You need to use the linking option in the advanced editor (the A button above the text field) to make links that go where you want them to.

Comment

Originally posted by The MG View Post
            You need to use the linking option in the advanced editor (the A button above the text field) to make links that go where you want them to.
            I did. It even shows the correct name and everything. But when the link posts. It posts as the generic link.

Comment

Let's try some things.

No, it seems to work out.

...And so does this. What browser/OS are you on?
              Last edited by The MG; 08-08-2014, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I don't have an account there so I can't comment. But what is this guy...

But I'm not a systems guy. The few times I wished I was able to take back my pledge were after some setting/"theme" comments. They are related to my second question earlier in this thread. Everything that had to do with how Mr. Grabowski would shape the new edition was... Less than positively received by me. I'm simply done with the forced "always dark, always tragedy" assumptions being hard-baked into the game/setting.
                ...referring to? I haven't heard anything about Exalted turning into NWoD.

Comment

Originally posted by The MG View Post
                  Let's try some things.

No, it seems to work out.

...And so does this. What browser/OS are you on?
                  There's appears to be some sort of issue. It's not even quoting correctly. We got a trouble thread on the issue. Had this problem happen before on an OT thread. No biggie but hopefully fixable soon.

Comment

Originally posted by HK-87 View Post

The "default" ending of Exalted is everyone argues and bickers and fights amongst themselves until proverbial black curtains. Course...the same people that complain about that never point out that the idea wasn't much more than a few throw away lines in the book so easily ignored and tossed aside that calling it a paper mache idea would be giving paper mache too much credit. It's there if people really want to flex their tragedy play muscles but that is about it.

Comment

But what is this guy referring to?
                      Histrionic hyperbole.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Nothing that I've seen, either. It would honestly seem to clash tremendously with the tone of, well, just about everything the EX3 team has said. They really seem to be playing up a tone of greater optimism, or at worst a sense that "change is coming: will it save the world or damn it all the quicker?" My first guess is he's referring to an old 1e quote of Grabowski's in which he mentioned a fondness for tragedy and how that was the assumed default. If the current development direction is going that way as something hard-coded, that would come as a bit of a surprise to me.

The EX3 What We Know Wiki, courtesy of Marin and JMobius
                        Nishkriya, the EX3 Freelancer Quotes Tracker, courtesy of Anathema and Moonwolf
                        The White Wolf Forum Archive, courtesy of The Dark Wizard and Sanctaphrax (see its Patreon)
                        Arrghus: There's also the Shepherd of the North Star, busily guiding the one thing in all the heavens that doesn't move.

Comment

I think that he may read the posts I make here and just assumes I'm a developer.

Have you ever read a Coik post before, man? lol
                          -Holden

Comment

Geez, there's still people who want an open developed Exalted =.=

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                              Geez, there's still people who want an open developed Exalted =.=
                              Correction - there are still people whining about how there was not open development. I don't think anyone who is actually paying attention believes there will be open development now, when the book is basically done.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X