Homebrews of the First Circle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZealousChristian24
    started a topic Homebrews of the First Circle?

Homebrews of the First Circle?

Something I was curious about. I've been looking, but I'm having trouble finding any Homebrew First Circles. I found two(both in a blog named Octipodial Preservation), but that's pretty much it for anything with stats. So, does anyone know where I can find some? Those which were on the Lost Wiki would be prized, especially if they're of Yozi without any canonically(like Qaf, Hegra, Theion). Here is a collection of sone that were apparently on the wiki: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?...t-Circle-Demon. Sorry for wasting your time!

• Tytalus
    replied
    Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

No. It's pretty hard. And I'm too tired to do so.

I'm hoping this doesn't fail like the previous forums.

Fair enough. IT's the kind of thing I used to do when I had more time. I might still try to sit down and do it, but wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be replicating someone else's work first.

Leave a comment:

• Accelerator
    replied
    Originally posted by Tytalus View Post
    Out of curiosity, has anyone compiled all the homebrew demons in this thread into one document?
    No. It's pretty hard. And I'm too tired to do so.

I'm hoping this doesn't fail like the previous forums.

Leave a comment:

• Tytalus
    replied
    Out of curiosity, has anyone compiled all the homebrew demons in this thread into one document?

Leave a comment:

• Accelerator
    replied
    https://forums.sufficientvelocity.co...0#post-2852788

Sanansaattaja, the Ladies of Obsidian Wings
    Demons of the First Circle
    Progeny of Viettelijä, Indulgent Soul of the 10th Soul of Adorjan
    (CLAMP Joke incoming)

Sanansaattaja are androgynous inhuman beauties of long limbs, impossible large eyes in all shades of crystal, radiant cascades of hair and fine angular features who are in fact perfectly capable of switching gender at will. What remains distinctive however is the Sanansaattaja's digit-grade legs ending in a five talon-ed feet of living obsidian, and the large powerful wings which give them their name. While not exceptional strong, Sanansaattaja are astonishingly agile and flexible, a feat matched only by the incredibly calculating and ruthless cunning the Ladies of Obsidian Wings.

Created to ensnare and entrap mortals in cascade of pleasant delights before showing them the mercy of Adorjan, the Ladies of Obsidian are ruthless falcons in constant search of prey. Prey they peruse with delightful dances, smouldering glances and whispered words of pleasures to come. Pleasure that can last for years as the Sanansaattaja hide their sadism, milking victims of resources, knowledge, favors and preferably worship before unleashing a sudden torrent of anguish and sadistic sexual torture on the flesh of their victims before hiding all evidence. Or revealing in it as an initiation activity within the inevitable cults they seek to establish in Creation.

Martial skill is often a secondary concern but a natural affinity for Archery leads to common assumption that those without a bow are relatively new. More importantly however is the Ladies is the realm of society as they move among the bureaucracies and societies of hell, putting their clever, twisted minds to good use promoting the cause of the Yozi's. Many a Sanansaattaja has clawed her way to understanding the basics of sorcery, the most obscure tea ceremony, or the most moving of poetry.

For Sanansaattaja naturally form together in Murders, claiming high towers flocking together in highly polite, elegant courts where one ill considered choice can send a Lady tumbling down the pecking order, or vaulted to leadership on the basis of a single dance. Woe onto those who attempt to interject themselves into the politics of a Murder without being a natural Citizen for the whole group will turn on outsiders with utter ruthlessness.

Obscurity 2/6 Apart from competing with the Neomah, the Ladies of Obsidan Wings are often called upon to be messengers as they can travel great distances each day. Additionally they can be called upon for training in a wide variety of skills, most often relying upon brokering deals with Murders to summon the individual with the required skill
    Last edited by Accelerator; 02-04-2021, 08:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Accelerator
    replied
    https://forums.sufficientvelocity.co...#post-13625015
    KAPLAN, THE TIGER GENERALS
    DEMON OF THE 1ST CIRCLE
    PROGENY OF THE TWILIGHT OF THE GODS

It is claimed, that one day the walls of hell shall be breached and its armies shall burst forth into Creation. That day shall herald a sword age that stains the seas with blood, and covers the land with the bodies of the faithful. The gates of heaven shall be broken open and all the stars pulled from the starry vault. So it is claimed by the lords and ladies of hell, and so it shall be.

The Kaplan were created for this war.

Eahc Kaplan looks like a tall human, strong of limb and bronzed skinned, with the wings of an eagle, the head of a lion, and the lower body of a tiger. Their body is like a trumpet, and strikes terror in those who hear it. In their backwards hands they hold a blade of frozen flame, and those struck by it are marked forever after as enemies of the Yozi. Such creatures are dealt aggravated damage by attacks from creatures of darkness and all with Essence sight know of their crime.

Sorcerers summon the Tiger Generals to lead their armies or personal guards. They also serve in a lesser capacity as investigators and judges. Their keen senses excel make them excellent at interrogations, allowing them to ferret out evidence and deceit, while the terror of their voices discourages deception.

Stats: Think slightly modified blood apes

Charms:
    Excellent-Senses: (Permanent)
    The Tiger-generals have sharp-eyes and keen minds, capable of cutting through the haze of deception and seeing the micro-tremors of a foe's fear. Roll double-9s for all rolls involving perception or noticing details and secrets.

Trumpet of Hell (10m, 1wp; simple, instant)
    The clarion-call of battle for the creators of the universe. Up to long-range, and includes in any forces obeying the demon in question. The clarion-call grants focus and strength to those following the demon, granting the friendly forces +2 in attack and defense rolls (this does not stack). And enemies who hear it gain a +1 difficulty to all rout checks for the rest of the scene. In social combat, roll... Frack it. Roll charisma + appearance vs target's Willpower. Success means that target not only now has a tie of fear towards you, but also has a -3 to penalty to all attempts to defy, hide, or out-talk you.

Marking blade (5m, 1wip)

Roll the Kaplan's essence (3) against the target's upon causing lethal damage. Success means that for 1 season all attacks from Creatures of darkness (demons, ghosts, dark gods) are aggravated.

Leave a comment:

• Accelerator
    replied
    Originally posted by MrFamiliar View Post
    This is fantastic. Thanks for taking the time.
    If you have any more 1st circle demons, please tell me.

I love making 1st circles, but I'm all out of ideas for homebrewing :-(

Leave a comment:

• MrFamiliar
    replied
    ARANY, THE FALSE HEROES
    Progeny of the Ebon Dragon
    Demons of the First Circle

This works, MrFamiliar ?
    This is fantastic. Thanks for taking the time.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    I need to probably rework the Gildempru for 3rd ed. But I imagine they would work best with serving an ambitious Alchemist while they themselves don't understand the concept of the scope of what happens when you can separate the components of wreckage you feed them and the like. But the exceptional ones that somehow survived service with Savants and the like could have such secrets.

Without 2nd Circles specifically cultivating them for labwork or industry they will probably wander into any work that allows them to taste interesting things.

Depending on how people handle having specific Unique Demons of the 1st Circle, I can see ones that develop charms and advance learning to do things as you say, but I would probably not have them create without any raw materials I would probably have the wiser ones learning more and more how to synthesize recipes by processing a wider arrange of items like maybe eating industrial runoff and tin grass and wine and distilling and recombining it into an already heated glass of maiden tea. Or a really seasoned one eating a rare poisonous shadow gecko and glass blown from time and cinnabar to create Anagathic pills.

With the wonders of Hellish Flora I would imagine making Modern Quality Steel something some Gildempru would learn to due based off the sheer metallurgical experience they would have processing various metal plants for Octavians Armory or the like.

Leave a comment:

• Accelerator
    replied
    Eldagusto I've got some thoughts on the Gildempru.

I know that you stated that they've got the stats of a First Age laboratory. That's unprecedented in the age of sorrows where you might be hard-pressed to find proper glassware for your alchemy lab. And also the sorry state of education and spread of technical knowledge of Creation (no internet, and most definitely very few great libraries) means that they don't know basic safety standards and simple alchemical solutions. You state that they're almost like Star Trek replicators, breaking down and recreating things from their base components, and capable of working just as well as any alchemy lab.

One thing. Can they make alchemy products? Or more accurately, can their innards carry out the equivalent of alchemy? Can they make soups which replace bloodloss, and pastes that stop bleeding? Can they make a hearty pastry that can give the eaters the equivalent of Wind-Fire and Valiant Warrior's Courage? Can they create maiden tea and anagathics, using their essence to substitute raw materials?

Can they serve as raw chemical industry, making paints, cleaning agents, catalysts, and everything else under the sun that requires complex chemical industries that Creation does not have? Can they make modern quality steel from raw ore? Are there Gildempru with recipes and alchemical agents from the first age, when they were used as research labs?

Leave a comment:

• evtrax
    replied
    And oh yeah. If it was me, I'll throw in a line about 'boots stomping on human faces'.
    I think i can work that in.

Leave a comment:

• Accelerator
    replied
    Originally posted by evtrax View Post
    yeah, will revise them later. those are great ideas.
    And oh yeah. If it was me, I'll throw in a line about 'boots stomping on human faces'.

Leave a comment:

• evtrax
    replied
    Excellent. Put the title in bold.

Also, I think you can also talk about how it introduces new forms of worship and obesiance to the Yozis, disguised as 'new rituals' and 'more sacrifices'. It is also much more active than any god, because it's a demon-tool based on cults, not a mere bureaucrat. That means much more faith and prayer, because its much more active and more unsubtle than most gods tend to be. It also tends to give bigger blessings. Things like health, glowing eyes, minor miracles, that's it. Most mortal onlookers don't actually know the miracles and blessings are demon-tainted, ala locust mana plague. Eventually, the cultists are so maddened and so misled by their influence that eventually they abandon all pretense and openly summon demons through thaumaturgy.

Also, you should add in that the Realm sometimes summons these through sorcerers, implanting them within certain communities, and when they finally 'go loud', use it as a pretext to invasion.
    yeah, will revise them later. those are great ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Accelerator
    replied
    Originally posted by evtrax View Post
    Jamei, i have no clue what those are.

ok, heres my take on the god eating dragon. will do the false exaltation overview later.

i hope Accelerator can make one to.

gardra and shang yang comes from this website, http://compendiumofthings.wikidot.co...ns-of-cecelyne

Aydahar, the heretical dragons
    Excellent. Put the title in bold.

Also, I think you can also talk about how it introduces new forms of worship and obesiance to the Yozis, disguised as 'new rituals' and 'more sacrifices'. It is also much more active than any god, because it's a demon-tool based on cults, not a mere bureaucrat. That means much more faith and prayer, because its much more active and more unsubtle than most gods tend to be. It also tends to give bigger blessings. Things like health, glowing eyes, minor miracles, that's it. Most mortal onlookers don't actually know the miracles and blessings are demon-tainted, ala locust mana plague. Eventually, the cultists are so maddened and so misled by their influence that eventually they abandon all pretense and openly summon demons through thaumaturgy.

Also, you should add in that the Realm sometimes summons these through sorcerers, implanting them within certain communities, and when they finally 'go loud', use it as a pretext to invasion.

Leave a comment:

• evtrax
    replied
    thank you Eldagusto

Leave a comment:

Working...
X