Well, that seems harsh.
    That's actually part of the original rules

Dead But Not Gone: Ghosts
    Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
    Masters of the Industrial Elements
    Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
    ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

Is there anything in particular that happens right off the bat if a ghost finds themself without any passions/fetters?

Comment

On the one hand I want to read this in full right now to see if it gives me ideas for the city I am writing now, on the other hand I really want to finish this...

Bits and pieces of Exalted setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyeudo View Post
          That's actually part of the original rules

Well, that seems harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by PlotVitalNPC View Post
            Is there anything in particular that happens right off the bat if a ghost finds themself without any passions/fetters?
            Lethe and reincarnation, as those are the things holding a soul out of actually doing so as a ghost.

Comment

One enjoyable read I found here, thanks!

A little question: how do Grave Goods behave after being designated to new rightful owner? I mean, do they keep regenerative ties to panoply for new ovner, are they affected by grave-robers looting corpse of its original owner, etc.

Ghost-Trapping Shroud (2, Attribute, 3, one hour) - was this "free-for-all" attribute intentional?

Blending the Streams of Essence
              Cost: 4m; Mins: Lore 2, Essence 2;
              Type: Simple
              Keywords: Combo-OK, Touch
              Duration: Instant
              Prerequisite Charms: Blending the Streams of
              Essence

- seems to have mistake in prereq. charm

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Lethe and reincarnation, as those are the things holding a soul out of actually doing so as a ghost.
                From a story standpoint, yeah.
                What I see in the thing itself is just that they'd lack a virtue-alike, lack the means to heal agg, and be more vulnerable than normal to Lethe.

Comment

Originally posted by PlotVitalNPC View Post
                  Other than the mechanical things you already mentioned above? The ghost will have a very hard time regaining Willpower, which will greatly restrict him in using his more potent Charms.

Originally posted by Omicron View Post
                  On the one hand I want to read this in full right now to see if it gives me ideas for the city I am writing now, on the other hand I really want to finish this...
                  I've read your city finally and I don't think these rules will change anything about your city. These are fairly backwards compatible.

Originally posted by God_of_Awesome View Post
                  Well, that seems harsh.
                  Considering that simple failure sends you to Lethe, which is essentially permanent character death, Oblivion is only slightly more screwed than normal.

Originally posted by Overbound View Post
                  One enjoyable read I found here, thanks!

A little question: how do Grave Goods behave after being designated to new rightful owner? I mean, do they keep regenerative ties to panoply for new ovner, are they affected by grave-robers looting corpse of its original owner, etc.

Ghost-Trapping Shroud (2, Attribute, 3, one hour) - was this "free-for-all" attribute intentional?

Blending the Streams of Essence
                  Cost: 4m; Mins: Lore 2, Essence 2;
                  Type: Simple
                  Keywords: Combo-OK, Touch
                  Duration: Instant
                  Prerequisite Charms: Blending the Streams of
                  Essence

- seems to have mistake in prereq. charm
                  If you give a grave good to another ghost, it's as though the new owner was the one with whom the item was originally buried. If I didn't call this out well enough in the rules, I'll have to make that more clear. This would mean that a grave robber removing the original from the grave would cause the grave good to disappear.

Ghost-Trapping Shroud is meant to be based on Manipulation. Thanks for catching those typos for me. I'll get that those fixed in the next version.

Dead But Not Gone: Ghosts
                  Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
                  Masters of the Industrial Elements
                  Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
                  ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

Working...
                  X