X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyeudo
    started a topic Ghosts: A Revision [PEACH]

Ghosts: A Revision [PEACH]

I've been working on a revision of ghosts for a while. I found the basic rules clunky, overcosted, and impractical for PC characters, so I rewrote almost all of the Charms, most of the Backgrounds, added a whole collection of cool toys for ghosts to play with, and a bundle of thaumaturgy on top of it. If you read all the way to the end of the "Let's talk about ghosts" thread, you may have seen the early draft of this, but here's the completed work. I hope you find this one step closer to a more gameable Underworld.

Please let me know if you find anything wonky. This hasn't yet been playtested, so I expect effect costs will still be very rough.

• Kyeudo
    replied
    Originally posted by PlotVitalNPC View Post
    Is there anything in particular that happens right off the bat if a ghost finds themself without any passions/fetters?
    Other than the mechanical things you already mentioned above? The ghost will have a very hard time regaining Willpower, which will greatly restrict him in using his more potent Charms.

Originally posted by Omicron View Post
    On the one hand I want to read this in full right now to see if it gives me ideas for the city I am writing now, on the other hand I really want to finish this...
    I've read your city finally and I don't think these rules will change anything about your city. These are fairly backwards compatible.

Originally posted by God_of_Awesome View Post
    Well, that seems harsh.
    Considering that simple failure sends you to Lethe, which is essentially permanent character death, Oblivion is only slightly more screwed than normal.

Originally posted by Overbound View Post
    One enjoyable read I found here, thanks!

A little question: how do Grave Goods behave after being designated to new rightful owner? I mean, do they keep regenerative ties to panoply for new ovner, are they affected by grave-robers looting corpse of its original owner, etc.

Ghost-Trapping Shroud (2, Attribute, 3, one hour) - was this "free-for-all" attribute intentional?

Blending the Streams of Essence
    Cost: 4m; Mins: Lore 2, Essence 2;
    Type: Simple
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Touch
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Blending the Streams of
    Essence

- seems to have mistake in prereq. charm
    If you give a grave good to another ghost, it's as though the new owner was the one with whom the item was originally buried. If I didn't call this out well enough in the rules, I'll have to make that more clear. This would mean that a grave robber removing the original from the grave would cause the grave good to disappear.

Ghost-Trapping Shroud is meant to be based on Manipulation. Thanks for catching those typos for me. I'll get that those fixed in the next version.

Leave a comment:

• PlotVitalNPC
    replied
    Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Lethe and reincarnation, as those are the things holding a soul out of actually doing so as a ghost.
    From a story standpoint, yeah.
    What I see in the thing itself is just that they'd lack a virtue-alike, lack the means to heal agg, and be more vulnerable than normal to Lethe.

Leave a comment:

• Overbound
    replied
    One enjoyable read I found here, thanks!

A little question: how do Grave Goods behave after being designated to new rightful owner? I mean, do they keep regenerative ties to panoply for new ovner, are they affected by grave-robers looting corpse of its original owner, etc.

Ghost-Trapping Shroud (2, Attribute, 3, one hour) - was this "free-for-all" attribute intentional?

Blending the Streams of Essence
    Cost: 4m; Mins: Lore 2, Essence 2;
    Type: Simple
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Touch
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Blending the Streams of
    Essence

- seems to have mistake in prereq. charm

Leave a comment:

• Baaldam
    replied
    Is there anything in particular that happens right off the bat if a ghost finds themself without any passions/fetters?
    Lethe and reincarnation, as those are the things holding a soul out of actually doing so as a ghost.

Leave a comment:

• God_of_Awesome
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyeudo View Post
    That's actually part of the original rules

Well, that seems harsh.

Leave a comment:

• Omicron
    replied
    On the one hand I want to read this in full right now to see if it gives me ideas for the city I am writing now, on the other hand I really want to finish this...

Leave a comment:

• PlotVitalNPC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kyeudo
    replied
    Originally posted by God_of_Awesome View Post

Well, that seems harsh.
    That's actually part of the original rules

Leave a comment:

• God_of_Awesome
    replied
    A botch sends him to Oblivion.
    Well, that seems harsh.

Leave a comment:

• PlotVitalNPC
    replied
    Originally posted by amechra View Post
    Hmm...

Damn it.

Damn. It.

Now I have to decide on whether I should use your rules or Revlids for the Stitch-Children.

Good work.
    How much of the Khaucon project is actually built on Revlid aside from the Reaper keyword charms and the use of his mutations?

Leave a comment:

• amechra
    replied
    Hmm...

Damn it.

Damn. It.

Now I have to decide on whether I should use your rules or Revlids for the Stitch-Children.

Good work.

Leave a comment:

• PlotVitalNPC
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyeudo View Post

Look in the Shifting Ghost-Clay Art Arcanos. It's a Charm that let's you turn a body part into a smuggling container.
    Hollow your leg out into a storage compartment, insert bag of holding full of grave goods.

Leave a comment:

• Kyeudo
    replied

I don't know who or what that is.
    Look in the Shifting Ghost-Clay Art Arcanos. It's a Charm that let's you turn a body part into a smuggling container.

Leave a comment:

• Crumplepunch
    replied

I don't know who or what that is.
    Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
    Last edited by Crumplepunch; 08-15-2014, 03:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X