Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lioness' Ramblings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Lioness View Post
    Everybody's.
    I'm jealous. I want to see who liked some of my random posts.

    Comment


    • #17
      Going to throw in some personal canon here and there while I'm waiting for the wiki to come back.

      Ribbons that Bind - Eastern Goddess of Slavery
      Ribbons that Bind appears as a woman of remarkable beauty unmarred by her dishevelled appearance, long blonde hair conceals much of her face and she is clad only in rags that scarcely cover her occasionally exposing great welts and bruises upon her fair skin. She is invariably chained and bound by a creature that resembles a great two-headed minotaur that is known only as The Minion of Suffering there have been at least two instances when a would-be hero has attempted so save the goddess from her own bodyguard and lover.
      It’s the subject of much debate if Ribbons that Bind truly enjoys her treatment or if she has taught herself to endure what her charges must and that The Minion of Suffering is a means to that end.

      The greatest threat to Ribbons that Bind comes from her brother Ribbons of Sorrow who desires the position of Eastern God of Slavery for himself. In battle (usually against her brother’s assassins) the two employ a special fighting chain that allows the Minion of Suffering to use his mistress as an improvised flail. The power of the chain allows vitality to flow back and forth between the two of them making them a surprisingly formidable team considering that one of them is literally throwing the other around like a rag doll.
      Last edited by Lioness; 12-28-2013, 10:20 PM.


      Onyx Path Forum Moderator
      Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

      Comment


      • #18
        Okay, that is fragging awesome!

        Comment


        • #19
          Godparents in Creation:
          During the Time of Glory it was a tradition in many human communities for a couple to pray to a particular god or deva shortly after a child’s birth and make what sacrifices they could in the hope that the spirit took notice and agreed to protect the child.
          Often these prayers were ignored or the spirit in question agreed but considered the child a very low priority but tales of a god being impressed by the prayer and sacrifice of mortals and taken up this duty have passed into legend.

          The conventional role of godparents fell out of favour in the First Age and was later considered a heresy of the Immaculate Faith which instead taught children to emulate the Elemental Dragons who would reward them by allowing them to eventually reincarnate as Dragon-Blooded. The concept of godparents became somewhat demonised by tales of overzealous spirits that would remove any and all obstacles to its charge’s desires eliminating siblings and potential love rivals along with enemies.

          The resurgence of this custom in the Age of Sorrows was brought about mostly by the Fair Folk. A surprising number of Raksha have found the comparison to a god flattering and offered oaths to guarantee the infant’s safety (with certain loopholes of course, just to keep things interesting). Demons also tend to be receptive to such requests, the notion that mortals would request that denizens of Malfeas protect their children is often met with delight in the demon city and seen as a sign that Creation is lost without the Primordials.


          Onyx Path Forum Moderator
          Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Lioness View Post
            Godparents in Creation:
            During the Time of Glory it was a tradition in many human communities for a couple to pray to a particular god or deva shortly after a child’s birth and make what sacrifices they could in the hope that the spirit took notice and agreed to protect the child.
            Often these prayers were ignored or the spirit in question agreed but considered the child a very low priority but tales of a god being impressed by the prayer and sacrifice of mortals and taken up this duty have passed into legend.

            The conventional role of godparents fell out of favour in the First Age and was later considered a heresy of the Immaculate Faith which instead taught children to emulate the Elemental Dragons who would reward them by allowing them to eventually reincarnate as Dragon-Blooded. The concept of godparents became somewhat demonised by tales of overzealous spirits that would remove any and all obstacles to its charge’s desires eliminating siblings and potential love rivals along with enemies.

            The resurgence of this custom in the Age of Sorrows was brought about mostly by the Fair Folk. A surprising number of Raksha have found the comparison to a god flattering and offered oaths to guarantee the infant’s safety (with certain loopholes of course, just to keep things interesting). Demons also tend to be receptive to such requests, the notion that mortals would request that denizens of Malfeas protect their children is often met with delight in the demon city and seen as a sign that Creation is lost without the Primordials.
            Very Nice! Using this! Was this something talked about in the old forums? It seems familiar.


            It is a time for great deeds!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Hailey McAuliffe View Post

              I'm jealous. I want to see who liked some of my random posts.
              There I liked your post, and now you know. :P


              It is a time for great deeds!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

                Very Nice! Using this! Was this something talked about in the old forums? It seems familiar.
                I've talked about it before.
                It goes back to the first Exalted game I ran, the PCs developed this bizarre love of Octavian and part of the epilogue was the Wood Aspect asking the Quarter Prince to keep a watchful eye upon his newborn daughter, Octavia.


                Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I'm going to post some Hekatonkhire because I'm still waiting on the wiki.

                  The Sleeper in the Lake
                  Though the Sleeper in the Lake is not one for words theories of its origin speculate that it was once the ghost of a boy who drowned when the one responsible for his safety became distracted in the arms of a lover. The boy became a Spectre and somehow gained access to a Neverborn’s tomb where his nightmares briefly became one with that of the Neverborn and remade him as a tall broad shouldered man with a simple bone coloured mask and wielding a Soulsteel machete named “innocence” for it was all that remained of the little boy who drowned in the lake.

                  Nobody knows if this story is true or not, but when he’s not controlled directly by Deathlords or Abyssals The Sleeper of the Lake has an uncanny way of homing in upon young lovers.

                  The Unity of Bones
                  It is believed that the Unity of Bones was created when one of the dying Primordials knew what it was to be truly alone for the first time in its existence. The voices of its multitude of souls silenced as life slipped away from it.
                  The Unity of Bones exists for a simple purpose, to bring the dead, the dying and the living together in the most expedient way possible. It doesn’t speak but those able to communicate with it through other means learn that it considers itself on a holy mission to avenge anyone that ever died alone.
                  A Void Circle Necromancer can summon the Unity of Bones using two corpses of individuals that loved each other in life and arranging their bones in a manner that makes them one in death and only through this act can the Hekatonkhire be called into Creation.
                  Initially little more powerful than a zombie the Unity of Bones can become devastatingly powerful if given access to a necropolis or a bloody battlefield as it incorporates the bodies into its mass and rapidly grows to terrifying size.

                  The Creature of Haggard’s Keep
                  Nobody even has a good guess where this Hekatonkhire came from or how it came to lose one of its eyes. Despite being several hundred feet tall it is surprisingly light upon its feet and wherever it travels so too does a thick bank of grey clouds that allow no light to pass through save for the blinding white-blue beam of its one remaining eye that sweeps the area like a search light.
                  Those who are caught by its gaze feel the essence ripped from them as it is used to feed the creature and while its rampages may be dangerous they are nothing compared to what The Creature of Haggard’s Keep would be capable of if engorged on essence, it is a small mercy that its missing eye impedes it in that capacity. If the two were to be reunited then the Underworld could be in great danger.

                  Shiver
                  Unlike most Hekatonkhire Shiver was created as part of an experiment by the Daybreak The Fairest and Fallen by imbuing the quicksilver blood of the Neverborn with raw soul stuff endowing it with a rudimentary sentience and some shape shifting ability.
                  While Shiver rarely takes the same form for very long it is capable of forming knife like protrusions and forming basic shapes to facilitate its mistress’ desires. Possibly the most interesting thing about Shiver is how it seems to become affectionate towards the Daybreak, coiling around her like a serpent when inert or repairing from damage. It is from this tendency that it gained its name.

                  The Fortress of Bone
                  A wedge shaped mass of bone a couple of miles long with a green hue to it, the Fortress of Bone is believed to have been an important soul of a Primordial prior to the war as it occasionally recalls that it used to be something far greater than its current form. The Fortress is an extremely powerful Hekatonkhire capable of flight and creating simulacra from its black vicious blood but limited by a need for a master in order to be capable of exerting its full power.
                  To become the Master of the Fortress of Bone might seem like a tantalising proposition but it’s also a trap. Those who become the Master of the Fortress find it intruding upon their thoughts and only the strong willed can compel themselves to take a course of action without it, in time they are simply unable to leave.




                  Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                  Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                    Awesome Hekatonkhires
                    These are super awesome, even more so due to the dearth of homebrew Hekatonkhires. I'm definitely going to have to use these.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                      The Sleeper in the Lake
                      Though the Sleeper in the Lake is not one for words theories of its origin speculate that it was once the ghost of a boy who drowned when the one responsible for his safety became distracted in the arms of a lover. The boy became a Spectre and somehow gained access to a Neverborn’s tomb where his nightmares briefly became one with that of the Neverborn and remade him as a tall broad shouldered man with a simple bone coloured mask and wielding a Soulsteel machete named “innocence” for it was all that remained of the little boy who drowned in the lake.

                      Nobody knows if this story is true or not, but when he’s not controlled directly by Deathlords or Abyssals The Sleeper of the Lake has an uncanny way of homing in upon young lovers.
                      Pair this up with some Dragon Blooded summer camp councilors, and I see the makings of a great Halloween mini campaign!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Noodle View Post
                        These are super awesome, even more so due to the dearth of homebrew Hekatonkhires. I'm definitely going to have to use these.
                        I've speculated based on what we know of the Liminal Exalted thus far that they're going to have 'cousins' who came back wrong that are considered a type of Hekatonkhire rather than Exalts. Pandorans to their Prometheans.


                        Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                        Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          This is why we can't have nice things!


                          I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                            I'm going to post some Hekatonkhire because I'm still waiting on the wiki.
                            Let me see if I can get them all:

                            The Sleeper in the Lake : Jason
                            The Unity of Bones : I think some monster in Eberron does this?
                            The Creature of Haggard’s Keep : Cloverfield
                            Shiver : Terminator
                            The Fortress of Bone : The Dark Gundam?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                              This is why we can't have nice things!
                              I tried to pull the whole Caine tangent out the topic but soon discovered that was a bit like trying to pull a thread from a sweater. We're better off with a new thread to talk about Evocations anyway.

                              Originally posted by Exthalion View Post

                              Let me see if I can get them all:

                              The Sleeper in the Lake : Jason
                              The Unity of Bones : I think some monster in Eberron does this?
                              The Creature of Haggard’s Keep : Cloverfield
                              Shiver : Terminator
                              The Fortress of Bone : The Dark Gundam?
                              3/5 I'm not sure where The Unity of Bones came from but I've got very little experience with Eberron beyond a short-lived Pathfinder game. The Fortress of Bone is based on the Citadel of Bone from Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! Which despite the silly name and obvious Sentai inspiration has a main villain who is unnervingly similar to a Deathlord.
                              Last edited by Lioness; 04-21-2014, 02:00 PM.


                              Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                              Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                                I tried to pull the whole Caine tangent out the topic but soon discovered that was a bit like trying to pull a thread from a sweater. We're better off with a new thread to talk about Evocations anyway.
                                To be clear, I'm not saying you're the reason we can't have nice things; you made the right call.

                                But it had to be said, and this seemed the most suitable place to say it.


                                I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X