Glorious Echeladder Ascension Technique - A Homestuck/Exalted Crossover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glorious Echeladder Ascension Technique - A Homestuck/Exalted Crossover

Hey all, just wanted to start a topic for my current big writing project, Glorious Echeladder Ascension Technique. I thought it'd be good to keep a running topic on here for updates and any questions people might have.

The first chapter is up, so let me know if you enjoy!

Glorious Echeladder Ascension Technique - Forum Topic

"Look, sometimes you just are in the mood to play the divinely empowered champion of the God of Farts. Mechanically optimized play is not the only way to enjoy playing your character." -Wise Old Guru

Enjoying the read so far.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
      Enjoying the read so far.
      Awesome! I'm glad. Anything in particular that's stood out to you?

"Look, sometimes you just are in the mood to play the divinely empowered champion of the God of Farts. Mechanically optimized play is not the only way to enjoy playing your character." -Wise Old Guru

Comment

I was kinda curious why karkat exalted as a defiler, was ,malfeas as his patron too obvious?

Comment

Well, I thought about it, and yeah, Slayer Karkat was still a bit obvious. There's some other stuff going on that would be spoilers, but I was trying to get across that he took the bargain out of a sense of guilt - he didn't know what he was getting everyone into, and he should have understood the game better. If he had, there wouldn't have been nearly as much death, Gamzee might not have flipped his shit, and they might have succeeded without unleashing Lord English or Bec Noir. She Who Lives in Her Name is all about understanding rules and mechanics, and she made the offer because she knew he blamed himself for everything that happened.

Comment

I now realize that I've been neglecting to post the chapters as they get added to the fic, so here's Chapter 2.

Comment

... aaaaaand Chapter 3. As always, feedback is appreciated, adored, and accepted!

Comment

Ooo... Two of my favorite things coming together. Yay! I wonder which ones will get the Sideral Exaltation? Rose is obvious, but what about the other three? Maybe the rest of her group? Anyways, great work so far.

Comment

Chapter 4 is nearly ready for publishing, but that's not the real reason I made this post: I'd like to see if people can see what (or who) the sutras at the beginning of each chapter refer to.

If you'd like a hint:
                  So far, only Chapter 3's sutra refers to a specific character. Chapter 4's will as well.

Comment

Chapter 1 and 2 sound like, well, Homestuck, the game. Friends who struggle and win a game, a maiden who creates a new world but cannot return to her own.

Not sure about chapter 3. There is an abundance of characters who grow up alone and I don't remember who might be "friends with beasts".

Comment

Hmmm... nice response. I'd like to see some other guesses, if anybody has any, before I reveal the answers.

Comment

Chapter 4 is posted! I had a lot of fun with this one's sutra.

Comment

LIVE, MY THREAD! LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

So, yes, after far, FAR too many life complications, Chapter 5 is done. Things will be updated much more quickly for the next few chapters, as well. You'll see why~

Comment

This is ~amazing~. I couldn't be happier. You are combining two of my favorite things - Exalted and Vriska. I mean Homestuck.

Murcushio: Sure, you avoid all that messy withdrawal, but you still need to stop doing heroin (for the purposes of this discussion your cousin is named Heroin).

Comment

Originally posted by MaxAstro View Post
                              This is ~amazing~. I couldn't be happier. You are combining two of my favorite things - Exalted and Vriska. I mean Homestuck.
                              Always nice to hear! Don't worry, you'll get your fill of Vriska. Though to be honest I think her best stuff for a while is in the chapter I just posted. At least the best I have planned.

Comment

Working...
                              X