Designing Hellstriders any ideas.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Designing Hellstriders any ideas.

I know new editions just around the corner, but am working on a new Hellstrider for a game I have on Rpol...

Heres my Current Draft for a 1st Circle Hellstrider
    Tedjouza Base

Neomah, Agata, Firmin, Tomescu as subsidiary demons

Creatind a 2nd or 3rd Circle Hellstrider Requires creating a 2nd or circle demon first, or using one allready existent.

Hellstriders always seemed COOL to me.

Any ideas?

Well Price. I can tell you this, when designing a Hellstrider there are a few things to consider.
    First, looks
    second Intent.
    Your using a Tedjouza as a base, so your pulling the majority from that sucker. So what is your intended use? The Agata are you using that to provide flight? the Firmin I take it is for on demand weaponry?

Part of a hellstrider's design is the charms your putting on it so we really need some more guidance as to what it is your aiming for with this thing but I'm cool with helping. I was planning on RPOL in one game before things went south to make 2 striders one for my infernal and one for another players infernal. She was a lintha so I was going to make for her submersible Hellstrider while mine would be airborn. I was looking to equip mine with a Hellcannon, shoulder mounted that would swing up into position to fire like the shoulder cannon on a Shadowhawk.

Also what game are you in on RPOL and are they taking anyone, and do you want a partner because 1 hellstrider is cool, but when you have two of them working together it's a lot more effective.

Comment

Well intended use is to be physicaly strong, Proud majestic, yet Elegant on the battlefield

Why the Agata and Neomah, to make it Breathtaking to behold.

But yes your also right about on demand weaponry, Flight is also good.

Tomescu helps with Extra actions, which makes this a much more elegant war machine.

Actually I am writing it up possibly to be used by a ANTAGANIST, in a game I'm STing.

Or maybe a Allied Summoned demon at some point.

Am Very sorry for giving you a wrong impression

just preferring to have a whole set of rules written up.

because the first GSP Villain I created, had an EMBARASSING Climax.

After hinting to the PC's for months that SOMEONE was out to get them, they find out it was the Merchant whos Caravan they seized and Who they flogged like a common criminal for Violating Territorial boundries.

He also didnt really think of anything clever once they were able to shoot down his Agata just Started using Sandstorm blasts until they killed him.

He was a FIEND, yes he was young, but not sure how stupid to make him about seeking revenge.

And do feel Hellstriders are interesting enough, to deserve more then just 2.Examples.

Sorry for the confusion I really am.

Oh a Stab at a 3rd Circle Hellstrider

The Monk that Sits between the heavens (Im BAD at coming up with corny sounding names), was once a Mighty Warrior 15th soul of The Demon Prison.

He was Graceful and Contemplative, and looked at Warfare as a spiritual experience, while magnificent he also had a strange humility for a 3rd circle demon, an undue modesty given his effectiveness.

He had an odd compassion for the Serfs and Slaves, though he did not interfere with their mistreatment, and did not approve of layness.

As Humble as he was he was never lacking in confidence, he always expected victory, though he did not see it as a thing to boast of.

During the shogunate, it was discovered he had been secretly sending information to the Solar Deliberative, sabotaging a number of the Yozi's plans.

Malfeas ENRAGED beyond words that one of his own souls, had betrayed him thus, ordered he be forged into an Artifact

The Shape is unassuming Yet Graceful, It doesnt shine, but if you take the time to examine it, you might find yourself Feeling an Epipheny.

MA MAstery.: Without Unchaining him The Wearer may still call on the Monks Considerable MArtial Arts Mastery Granting +15 to attacks, +13 to damage, +8 to defense.(Sorry Im dragging numbers out of my ass)

Epipheny Subdual : Foes Can be lost in contemplation of the Striders design its elegant simplicity and grace.

Lotus Bulb Bestowal.

An unwanted and unintended aspect of his design

It was the way of The Monk, to Always teach those who were eager to learn., and so he cannot help but teach even his enemy.

A dragon Blooded or Dragon king who fights this hellstrider and comes away with anything but utter defeat (Which is to say, almost certain if he survives) Can internalize The princibles of the PErfected lotus, and Learn Celestial Martial Arts

Those who use this hellstrider sigh and accept this as the price of using a weapon made from a Traitor., but consider the possible longterm improvement of the enemy a minor inconvenience.

Comment

Well if you are looking for appearance inspiration, this is my go-to for hellstriders

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
          Well intended use is to be physicaly strong, Proud majestic, yet Elegant on the battlefield

Why the Agata and Neomah, to make it Breathtaking to behold.

But yes your also right about on demand weaponry, Flight is also good.

Tomescu helps with Extra actions, which makes this a much more elegant war machine.

Actually I am writing it up possibly to be used by a ANTAGANIST, in a game I'm STing.

Or maybe a Allied Summoned demon at some point.

Am Very sorry for giving you a wrong impression

just preferring to have a whole set of rules written up.

because the first GSP Villain I created, had an EMBARASSING Climax.

After hinting to the PC's for months that SOMEONE was out to get them, they find out it was the Merchant whos Caravan they seized and Who they flogged like a common criminal for Violating Territorial boundries.

He also didnt really think of anything clever once they were able to shoot down his Agata just Started using Sandstorm blasts until they killed him.

He was a FIEND, yes he was young, but not sure how stupid to make him about seeking revenge.

And do feel Hellstriders are interesting enough, to deserve more then just 2.Examples.

Sorry for the confusion I really am.
          [/I]
          Well a hellstrider in this case would be something personal. Something that would be tailor crafted to the mission or individual perfroming it. So tell me about the mission. Using the Demon Lion makes me think your going after monks or gods, because the core demon's powers are all made for attacking those kinds of foes. Attacking a general target like say another exalted is a lot harder, as some of it's cooler powers won't apply.

Comment

Five blood apes forged into one big blood ape, piloted by a sixth blood ape.

Bloodapeception.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
              Five blood apes forged into one big blood ape, piloted by a sixth blood ape.

Bloodapeception.
              or voltron

Comment

tomescu or erimantula for their specials

sea leeches for stats

Comment

Originally posted by emeraldstreak View Post
                  tomescu or erimantula for their specials

sea leeches for stats
                  Sea Leeches? I've never heard of those First Circles.

Comment

Yes am wanting to Use this to rouse PC's religious ire.

Oh is my stab at a 3rd circle Hellstrider, look close to right? with my attempts at original powers.

Comment

Originally posted by ZealousChristian24 View Post

Sea Leeches? I've never heard of those First Circles.
                      actually their official name was something else, but they resemble giant sea leeches. They are listed in a beast section unlike other demons, most likely in compass West

Comment

Originally posted by emeraldstreak View Post

actually their official name was something else, but they resemble giant sea leeches. They are listed in a beast section unlike other demons, most likely in compass West
                        Do you mean the Kimbery First Circles? The Mist Demons?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                          I know new editions just around the corner, but am working on a new Hellstrider for a game I have on Rpol...

Heres my Current Draft for a 1st Circle Hellstrider
                          Tedjouza Base

Neomah, Agata, Firmin, Tomescu as subsidiary demons

Creatind a 2nd or 3rd Circle Hellstrider Requires creating a 2nd or circle demon first, or using one allready existent.

Hellstriders always seemed COOL to me.

Any ideas?

Make sure to take the portal opening charm from the Agata. There is nothing stopping you from attacking through the portal. So you could open a portal over an enemy a mile away and surprise stab him for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ZealousChristian24 View Post

Do you mean the Kimbery First Circles? The Mist Demons?
                            no, these are called something like erimantula and I mentioned them precisely because of the mist form. Ill dig the name tomorrow.

Comment

You know, one of the more onerous things about walking around with a warstrider is that it makes it completely obvious who/what you are. Sometimes you don't want the attention. Also, sometimes you just want to get out of the thing to have a nice nap/meal. So taking using a demon with the Form Reduction Technique would be a good idea. You could even have the warstrider transform into a coat you wear, or have it transform into something else and follow you around like a pet.

My Exalted Character Creation Tool may be downloaded here. The thread talking about the tool can be found here.
                              Exalted: Seats of Power is a homebrewed manse creation system.
                              I have a rewrite of the craft system which can be downloaded here.
                              I like the Mesoamerican look.

Comment

Working...
                              X